SPFL to play out games

6 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I've had a real bellyfull of the Scottish football authorities copying English names all the time, like premiership and championship. Even "premier" was a copy of the Northern Premier League. We named our top tier after their seventh tier.

If the leagues are reconstructed we should borrow names from elsewhere in Europe.

I'd go for Superliga, Eerste Divisie & Serie C.

I’ll go for that.

I've had a real bellyfull of the Scottish football authorities copying English names all the time, like premiership and championship. Even "premier" was a copy of the Northern Premier League. We named our top tier after their seventh tier.
If the leagues are reconstructed we should borrow names from elsewhere in Europe.

I like the sound of the Fandabidozi League

13 hours ago, NorthBank said:
20 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I like the sound of the Fandabidozi League

Make it Fanta-bidozi and we could sort out sponsorship at the same time.

Guest DAVIDB69

What is concerning in all this is I would say as a nation we are probably among the stragglers of the 55 uefa nations, in trying to move forwards.

We have a dreadful ruling body who is only interested in its own self interests.

We also a poor government who have no interest in the situation and don’t give any information that would suggest ways forwards.

In homage to traditional Scottish ales......

90/-, 80/-, 70/-, 60/-

45 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

We also a poor government who have no interest in the situation and don’t give any information that would suggest ways forwards.

I can only presume you are meaning the Scottish Government given the jurisdictions involved. Would you care to elaborate?

Guest DAVIDB69
I can only presume you are meaning the Scottish Government given the jurisdictions involved. Would you care to elaborate?

Yes the Scottish government I am talking about

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

What is concerning in all this is I would say as a nation we are probably among the stragglers of the 55 uefa nations, in trying to move forwards.

We have a dreadful ruling body who is only interested in its own self interests.

This is very much not unique to Scotland - I would imagine that supporters in every country across Europe would say something similar. Look at the Netherlands, who asked the clubs to vote on a proposal and then completely ignored it and went the other way anyway.

9 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Yes the Scottish government I am talking about

Would you care to elaborate? 

Edit: Completely unrelated, wtf is with the massive video at the top of the page?

Edit 2: Never mind, it's Div.

Edited by Ric

21 minutes ago, Ric said:

Edit: Completely unrelated, wtf is with the massive video at the top of the page?

Edit 2: Never mind, it's Div.

You sometimes get that with Divs. Here's how to fix it:

<div id="myDiv" style="visibility: hidden">

HTH.

7 minutes ago, sugna said:

You sometimes get that with Divs. Here's how to fix it:

<div id="myDiv" style="visibility: hidden">

HTH.

Inline style declaration? Jinkies get back to the late 90s.

1 hour ago, DAVIDB69 said:

ITZ THE ESS N PEES FOLT THAT SCOTTUSH FOOTBAL IS BAD!

Why the f**k should any government, in any country, be interested in how a private sports members organisation is run?

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why the f**k should any government, in any country, be interested in how a private sports members organisation is run?

I'm not in anyway criticising the government on this but they should absolutely have more than a passing interesting in helping Scottish football through this.

It's obviously not a priority but football is a huge part of our culture and clubs are community assets throughout the country so I'll be very disappointed if they tell Scottish football its not their problem.

30 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I'm not in anyway criticising the government on this but they should absolutely have more than a passing interesting in helping Scottish football through this.

It's obviously not a priority but football is a huge part of our culture and clubs are community assets throughout the country so I'll be very disappointed if they tell Scottish football its not their problem.

In fairness, Dempster was saying that the joint response group are/will be working alongside the Scottish Government to find a way forward when she binned off her involvement in the reconstruction group.

“The joint response group is linked directly into government and that relationship is a strong one,” she said. “The response group has fed information back to club in a timely way.

“And we’re not challenging government, we’re not challenging health officials. We need to prepare ourselves for every opportunity and 
every eventuality.

“We can see the impact social distancing is having not only on the virus but everybody’s lives. There are some new normals at the minute. And there will be a new normal for football. We need to figure out what that is.

“Unfortunately what’s happened is we’ve spent time focusing more on disagreements in the game. In the last week, I’ve sensed a wider desire from people – in Scotland and beyond – to share information on where we go next.

“If we sit back and wait to find out what that is, it will be whatever 
somebody tells us it is – as opposed to working together and agreeing on something.

“It’s not beyond the will and the wit of us, collectively, to come up with a plan that works in the best interests of everybody but allows us to do what we normally would in life. Football is one of those things.”

Link

Edited by capt_oats

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

But how could they help Scottish football? Where would they raise money to help them from? Or rather where would they divert money from?

Go down the route of Govt bailing out football clubs they would then have to bail out every sport, unimaginable in the current crisis, far bigger issues to resolve. In their public health role they can say yah or nay to playing but that's about it for now.

Just now, DA Baracus said:

But how could they help Scottish football? Where would they raise money to help them from? Or rather where would they divert money from?

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Go down the route of Govt bailing out football clubs they would then have to bail out every sport, unimaginable in the current crisis, far bigger issues to resolve. In their public health role they can say yah or nay to playing but that's about it for now.

It doesn't have to be financial, communication and support in terms of getting football back up and running safely as quickly as possible is just as important.

From what @capt_oats has said, it sounds like that is happening.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Apart from the cultural and health angles, there will be over 1000 employed directly in football clubs and thousands more with jobs dependent on crowds on Saturdays. Probably much more economic impact than any shipyard these days and I do believe the Scottish Government is interested in shipyards.