Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

That's all been sorted and the money distributed. What do you think you'd gain by another vote, or if the vote had gone differently last time?

Has it? I thought Doncaster said not the £7m for the Premier

Reckon we can just file Rangers dossier in the bin.

Good for a day's worth of pointing sbr laughing at them and bizarrely, the Hearts fans that are showing their staunchness in support.

If they wish to take it further, they can. There's really no case for the SPFL to answer if it went down the court route.

5 minutes ago, St3vie said:

I'd have made the decision to the end the league's if and when it was appropriate to do so

....and if I was the SPFL, I would have paid out the bottom level of prize money to every club in each league in advance, to help tide them over, and buy time for all the clubs to come to some sort of agreement

Not rush through a vote, and peddle some bullshit about having to end the league's to pay any money out, without any idea when lockdown may be relaxed, any reconstruction plan in place, or any serious though given to how the league could possible be completed before next season

Your point was sensible up until I’d 

5 minutes ago, St3vie said:

I'd have made the decision to the end the league's if and when it was appropriate to do so

....and if I was the SPFL, I would have paid out the bottom level of prize money to every club in each league in advance, to help tide them over, and buy time for all the clubs to come to some sort of agreement

Not rush through a vote, and peddle some bullshit about having to end the league's to pay any money out, without any idea when lockdown may be relaxed, any reconstruction plan in place, or any serious though given to how the league could possible be completed before next season

The bottom level of prize money had already been paid out, this was about what happens next.

8 minutes ago, St3vie said:

When do you think its appropriate to do so? Say when the figure hits 40000 deaths in the UK?

Edited by Bohemian

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I suspect that Doncaster will walk away.  Not immediately but sometime down the line.  Why would anyone want to work in this climate and who would take the job after him (obviously a guid Rainjurs man).

Jim Traynor.

4 minutes ago, St3vie said:

.....by getting clubs to vote to end the leagues

Do you think they should still be playing? I just don't see what Rangers have to gain here, they'll still get 2nd place prize money and their European slot, and Celtic's win that nobody doubted would happen will have a wee star by it. What more do you hope for?

Edited by welshbairn

52 minutes ago, St3vie said:

What I don't understand is why people don't want simple questions answered

I think it is patently obvious that the SPFL clearly favoured the option to end the league's at the earliest possible opportunity, to the point that the have acted like a political party campaigning for votes by giving "the voters" information that would sway them towards voting a particular way.

Don't any of you even want to know exactly why the SPFL badly wanted the league's to be ended as soon as possible?

I just don't get it...and before anyone pipes up about Celtic being awarded the title, I honestly couldn't give two flying fucks about that

The Premiership has not been ended, is your query about the lower leagues? 

1 minute ago, Pet Jeden said:

They were sitting on £9m of the £25m prize money. If the clubs agreed - and every option required club agreement - 80% of the outstanding mines could have been advanced based on current positions (Leaving £1.8m to cover for any clubs in default at reconciliation)

Christ, that line again. The vast majority of funds which could be "advanced" (i.e. an early payment of sums to which the clubs were contractually entitled) had already been paid. Anything beyond that would be dependent upon final league positions. I don't think anyone has publicly discussed the actual figures involved but it seems that sums which could be "advanced" are nominal. What has been said (by the talking heads on Sportsound, at least) is that you could "advance" based on current league positions and then recover in later seasons any outstanding debt if league positions change. That - of course - is not an advance but a loan and the obvious counter argument to that is that there will be clubs who go tits up and will default on that loan.  None of this will be news to anyone actually involved in the process. That's before you get to the actual point which is there isn't any other viable option - the league will be called based on current positions. For the lower leagues that was done a few weeks ago; the top flight will follow suit in the next couple of weeks and all this shit about "ooh, you could have released a little bit and then held some back for when the games were played" completely ignores the fact that those games will never be played and never could have been played.

And that £1.8M is money to which clubs are contractually entitled. It's not spare money.

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

They were sitting on £9m of the £25m prize money. If the clubs agreed - and every option required club agreement - 80% of the outstanding mines could have been advanced based on current positions (Leaving £1.8m to cover for any clubs in default at reconciliation)

They're still sitting on 7 million for the top flight,my take on the lower leagues needing the dosh would be the day to day running of the clubs.
Plus if a club fell off a cliff and the SPFL held money back it's not in the clubs best interest now they can say they did everything they could.