Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

7 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Christ, that line again. The vast majority of funds which could be "advanced" (i.e. an early payment of sums to which the clubs were contractually entitled) had already been paid. Anything beyond that would be dependent upon final league positions. I don't think anyone has publicly discussed the actual figures involved but it seems that sums which could be "advanced" are nominal. What has been said (by the talking heads on Sportsound, at least) is that you could "advance" based on current league positions and then recover in later seasons any outstanding debt if league positions change. That - of course - is not an advance but a loan and the obvious counter argument to that is that there will be clubs who go tits up and will default on that loan.  None of this will be news to anyone actually involved in the process. That's before you get to the actual point which is there isn't any other viable option - the league will be called based on current positions. For the lower leagues that was done a few weeks ago; the top flight will follow suit in the next couple of weeks and all this shit about "ooh, you could have released a little bit and then held some back for when the games were played" completely ignores the fact that those games will never be played and never could have been played.

And that £1.8M is money to which clubs are contractually entitled. It's not spare money.

I repeat what I said earlier to Willy. Maybe you and him could amalgamate your posts under the combined name of Pull My Willie.

They were sitting on £9m of the £25m prize money. If the clubs agreed - and every option required club agreement - 80% of the outstanding monies could have been advanced based on current positions (Leaving £1.8m to cover for any clubs in default at reconciliation)

Edited by Pet Jeden

What I don't understand is why people don't want simple questions answered
I think it is patently obvious that the SPFL clearly favoured the option to end the league's at the earliest possible opportunity, to the point that the have acted like a political party campaigning for votes by giving "the voters" information that would sway them towards voting a particular way.
Don't any of you even want to know exactly why the SPFL badly wanted the league's to be ended as soon as possible?
I just don't get it...and before anyone pipes up about Celtic being awarded the title, I honestly couldn't give two flying fucks about that
Why didn't Rangers just ask the SPFL to answer these simple questions? Instead they went down the route of demanding the suspension of Doncaster and an independent inquiry as well as chucking in claims of bullying.

4 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I repeat what I said earlier to Willy. Maybe you and him could amalgamate your posts under the combined name of Pull My Willie.

They were sitting on £9m of the £25m prize money. If the clubs agreed - and every option required club agreement - 80% of the outstanding monies could have been advanced based on current positions (Leaving £1.8m to cover for any clubs in default at reconciliation)

You can repeat as much as you like but unless you actually read and address the points which are made to you then there's not much point posting anything. 

Guest DAVIDB69
With the finances available to Scottish football, together with government guidelines, I wish I was wrong, but there is absolutely no chance that the Premiership season can be finished.

This is true and it was ever about finance as the majority of clubs could not survive without crowds.

I think when the vote happened it was a bit vague as to the reasons why it was happening , if Doncaster was up front about finance and the difficulty clubs were in maybe we would not had all this drama .

It would be the same drama if rangers were top and Celtic second, let’s not kid ourselves

However there are no scottish government guidelines and nothing has been suggested as to when football can come back, the few countries that have knocked it on the head have at least suggested when football is suspended until.

We still might have sky and bt wanting refunds anyway for the incomplete seasons.

All curtailing the season is really doing is kicking the can down the road a bit.

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 hours ago, Romeo said:
So Rangers say Rangers were bullied and it was a Rangers employee who was the Rangers whistle blower?
It that right?

I thought Scot Gardiner was CEO for ICT?

Imagine saying you have a whistleblower and it turns out to be him. Credibility dashed.

15 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Nice one have a greenie,For me I hope it doesn't go this far but if the government step in and bail football out it's a whole different ball game.

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Not a strong argument!

Maybe it is real, but it looks so fake. It's poorly written and terribly punctuated, and the overall presentation is amateur.

This is the SPFL we are dealing with. 

17 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

This is true and it was ever about finance as the majority of clubs could not survive without crowds.

I think when the vote happened it was a bit vague as to the reasons why it was happening , if Doncaster was up front about finance and the difficulty clubs were in maybe we would not had all this drama .

It would be the same drama if rangers were top and Celtic second, let’s not kid ourselves

However there are no scottish government guidelines and nothing has been suggested as to when football can come back, the few countries that have knocked it on the head have at least suggested when football is suspended until.

We still might have sky and bt wanting refunds anyway for the incomplete seasons.

All curtailing the season is really doing is kicking the can down the road a bit.

Of course there are government guidelines with social distancing and instructions to stay at home meaning no football. Scottish football has no money to pay for testing like England, Germany, and the other big leagues, so we cannot play behind closed doors. Sky and BT may ask for money back, but, because it is impossible to finish the season, there is nothing anyone can do about that apart from Sky and BT.

I love this notion that the absolute maximum amounts of money that could have been paid out before calling the leagues, were paid out......absolute nonsense

As has been said, there was £9.3m still to be dished out, and the breakdown of that in League 2 seen the top club receive approx £25k and the bottom club receive approx £17k. The SPFL could very easily have given every club in League 2 another £17k, and hold off on the rest until a proper and informed decision was made about the sporting aspects of finishing the league.  Hell they could even have went further than that, and working from the top down, mathematically worked out how far down the table each team could have finished and gave them the prize money for that position.  In the case of Cove Rangers, the lowest they could have finished would have been third, so the SPFL could have paid out 23k to Cove Rangers, meaning they would have got £2k less than what they got when the leagues were called

Same could have applied to League One and the Championship

But no, apparently this was impossible

Bullshit

Guest DAVIDB69
Of course there are government guidelines with social distancing and instructions to stay at home meaning no football. Scottish football has no money to pay for testing like England, Germany, and the other big leagues, so we cannot play behind closed doors. Sky and BT may ask for money back, but, because it is impossible to finish the season, there is nothing anyone can do about that apart from Sky and BT.

Appreciate that we can’t afford to pay for testing , but there were same guidelines in non big countries who are now moving forwards

We have no government guidelines as to how take the issue forwards is what I meant and they don’t seem interested in offering any timetables or ideas to move forwards.

I fully expect us to be among the tail end of Europe to get our society moving again .

3 minutes ago, St3vie said:

I love this notion that the absolute maximum amounts of money that could have been paid out before calling the leagues, were paid out......absolute nonsense

As has been said, there was £9.3m still to be dished out, and the breakdown of that in League 2 seen the top club receive approx £25k and the bottom club receive approx £17k. The SPFL could very easily have given every club in League 2 another £17k, and hold off on the rest until a proper and informed decision was made about the sporting aspects of finishing the league.  Hell they could even have went further than that, and working from the top down, mathematically worked out how far down the table each team could have finished and gave them the prize money for that position.  In the case of Cove Rangers, the lowest they could have finished would have been third, so the SPFL could have paid out 23k to Cove Rangers, meaning they would have got £2k less than what they got when the leagues were called

Same could have applied to League One and the Championship

But no, apparently this was impossible

Bullshit

None of this is mandatory.  You can churn as many numbers as you want. If the Board takes a decision and decides other options aren't viable then that is that.  Your comments are like the dossier, littered with 'could have' but nothing say must or duty bound.  Rather like Sevco because they didnt do what you think they 'could' do it's all a conspiracy and ragin'