What are the things you hate regarding fitba?

13 hours ago, velo army said:

Blame the wee bams with their pyros. 

More the big bams that used slightly bigger explosives in Manchester.

It's been a fairly standard requirement for gigs since then, it's not too much a surprise that some  football grounds have copied it.

Not like policies of this kind would actually stop terrorist attacks but it's seen to be doing something

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Any mention of ‘shithousery’ makes my toes curl. Something about the word that just makes me tense up.

I once heard Chris Sutton shorten it to "housery" and use it repeatedly. That was much worse 

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Any mention of ‘shithousery’ makes my toes curl. Something about the word that just makes me tense up.

I see someone else has listened to the latest episode of Football Weekly (and if you haven't, don't listen to the section on Newcastle-Southampton)

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I see someone else has listened to the latest episode of Football Weekly (and if you haven't, don't listen to the section on Newcastle-Southampton)

Haha, I did wonder if anybody would pick up on what the trigger for that post might have been. Listened this morning and just couldn’t bear it anymore.

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

Along with calling someone a 'shithouse'.  It appears to be a northern Nigel thing. I don't even know what a shithouse is.  One of those old outside toilets people had about 4000 years ago?

I class it along with 'cockwomble' as possibly the worst insults ever conceived. 

Edited by TheScarf

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Along with calling someone a 'shithouse'.  It appears to be a northern Nigel thing. I don't even know what a shitohouse is.  One of those old outside toilets people had about 4000 years ago?

I class it along with 'cockwomble' as possibly the worst insult ever conceived. 

I am a bit more forgiving when I hear ‘shithouse(ry)’ in a northern twang, for some reason. It’s still bad, but it is at its most insufferable when said by a middle-class southerner. Probably my own prejudice.

It is second only, for my money, to hearing folk with strong southern English accents say “yer da”, which always makes me cringe and laugh in almost equal measure. Just sounds utterly farcical. 

Just now, DrewDon said:

I am a bit more forgiving when I hear ‘shithouse(ry)’ in a northern twang, for some reason. It’s still bad, but it is at its most insufferable when said by a middle-class southerner. Probably my own prejudice.

It is second only, for my money, to hearing folk with strong southern English accents say “yer da”, which always makes me cringe and laugh in almost equal measure. Just sounds utterly farcical. 

I've seen 'ye da' on Twitter several times from Nigels and I nearly paralyse myself cringing every time.  Stick to the Morris Dancing and being racist, lads.

On 20/08/2024 at 13:35, TheScarf said:

Along with calling someone a 'shithouse'.  It appears to be a northern Nigel thing. I don't even know what a shithouse is.  One of those old outside toilets people had about 4000 years ago?

I class it along with 'cockwomble' as possibly the worst insults ever conceived. 

Nah, shithouse is a totally separate beast from your "cockwombles" and your "wankmuffins" of this world.

The latter is 1000x worse (and a LOT more middle-class).

Steve_Wilkos of Stockton-on-Tees.

Folk on Twitter replying to the official club account's line up announcement, particularly about why a certain player has been dropped or is missing, as if the admin is going to respond to them all individually or go and disrupt the manager's pre-match activities to seek the rationale. 

I dunno if it's bots or whatever but social media seems to be like 90% inane, barely relevant commentary. Like you see a Facebook post about something really specific in a TV show or that and someone takes the time to post a comment that just says "best show 💪" or some shite

40 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dunno if it's bots or whatever but social media seems to be like 90% inane, barely relevant commentary. Like you see a Facebook post about something really specific in a TV show or that and someone takes the time to post a comment that just says "best show 💪" or some shite

You and @throbber are like peas in a pod.

Fans loudly singing in the pub and on supporters' buses etc, but then are utterly silent when they get in the ground where their singing will actually mean something.

21 hours ago, throbber said:

I’m not sure what the is getting at and I’m not sure if I should be offended by your response.

It read the same as your complaint about getting brief responses to things. Although looking back it seems less comparable now than it did originally. My apologies to Bairnardo.

3 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

The 'journalists' used by Sky Sports to try and turn Transfer Deadline Day (week/month) into an orgasm inducing rumourfest.

Sitting checking their phones for texts etc whilst the host fawns over them.

Transfer deadline day itself,what a lot of w**k