Ann Budge - vote of no confidence

12 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Unfair? You were bottom of the league when it finished m8. All teams at the bottom get relegated at the end of the season.

It's great being a Hearts fan when your club is spending money it doesn't have. Then it's shite when you realize it can't last forever and your club ends up in a hole.

I think you'll find m8 that we were spending money we don't have this season, and it's been fucking shite being a Hearts fan. 

Just now, JTS98 said:

Let's put it another way.

Do you think she is unique in thinking in terms of what she perceives to be the best interests of her own club above all others?

Do you think she is the only executive of a Scottish club who would like to see fewer clubs?

Of course not.

You can't move for vile individuals in football.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Of course not.

You can't move for vile individuals in football.

All I can say is that if you find Ann Budge 'vile' then you must spend a lot of your life in deep despair.

4 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Two things.

Firstly, as I've mentioned in another post, she just sees it as a financial figure divided by a number of clubs. Shes thinks I'd go and watch Hibs if Hearts went bust, because she would.

Secondly, I think it's a perverse thing to call someone a vile human because they have a different view on how many clubs should be in Scotland to the one you hold.

I'd reserve phrases like that for bigots, racists, rapists etc.

But whatever you like.

We simply have different thresholds for vileness.  That's ok isn't it?

She meets my criteria comfortably, but falls short of your wishy washy standards.  

Ann Budge wanted part time sides shoved out the top two tiers and it made a closed shop. 

In terms of Scottish football, she is absolutely vile.

4 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

What positive Sevco pics? What have they achieved in the 8 years of their clubs existence?

Can't post them, Rodney McKenzie served me with a cease and desist notice.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ann Budge wanted part time sides shoved out the top two tiers and it made a closed shop. 

In terms of Scottish football, she is absolutely vile.

Wallace Mercer wanted a Superleague and I'm sure the Pieman had his hand in a separate Premier League being formed so in terms of Scottish Football she is a typical Hearts owner.

I think some of the Jambos moaning were fans who were spoiled during the Vlad years when money was spent that wasn't there. I know a few veteran Jambos who remember the early 80s when Hearts were shockingly bad and they tend to be a bit more realistic. It's a bit like Gretna fans moaning at the board of Gretna 2008 because they're not reaching Cup Finals or getting promoted any more 

Guest JTS98
7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

1) Wallace Mercer wanted a Superleague and I'm sure the 2) Pieman had his hand in a separate Premier League being formed so in terms of Scottish Football she is a typical Hearts owner.

I think some of the Jambos moaning were fans who were spoiled during the Vlad years when money was spent that wasn't there. I know a few veteran Jambos who remember the early 80s when Hearts were shockingly bad and they tend to be a bit more realistic. 3) It's a bit like Gretna fans moaning at the board of Gretna 2008 because they're not reaching Cup Finals or getting promoted any more 

1) Leaving out the fact that under Mercer Hearts were one of five Scottish clubs proposing the SSL in the early 90s. Why mention only Hearts? What about the Old Firm, Aberdeen, and Dundee United?

St Johnstone and Hibs were thought at the time to be among the second phase of clubs to join the SSL, which would have taken it up to 8 teams from 5. So surely those clubs are also just as complicit? Why leave them out?

In August 1992 Motherwell were also unveiled as members of the potential SSL. John Mackay's diary of the time confirms David Murray as the brains behind it and with at least seven other clubs on board. Why single out Hearts?

2) Surely all club chairmen 'had a hand' in the formation of the SPL. What's so special about Hearts? Which clubs were dragged in kicking and screaming?

Were Hearts any worse than say, I don't know, Hibernian, who were on board with SSL and whose very own Lex Gold led the public push for both the SPL breakaway and later for an Atlantic Cup that would surely have been to the detriment of the smaller clubs in Scotland?

Indeed, Roger Mitchell, speaking soon after getting his SPL job, specifically name-checked the chairmen of Aberdeen and St Johnstone as 'winners in life' and implied they were among the main pushers for this. Geoff Brown would later be an advocate of SPL 2 citing the need for 'a softer landing' from the SPL. St Johnstone had at that time just spent 7 years outside the top flight. Not a hint of self-interest there...

St Johnstone weren't alone in lacking regard for the smaller clubs though, since of course in 2001 Livingston, Falkirk, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Ross County, Airdrie, Raith Rovers and Clyde had all threatened to resign from the SFL and abandon the smaller part-time clubs to their fate. We can only speculate that had St Johnstone been in the SFL at the time (they would be by the end of that season), they would have joined the 'rebels'. Different from Hearts because?

It's also worth pointing out that even a decade after the SPL breakaway went through, the SFL clubs had failed to make the kind of progress that had been asked for. A review commissioned by the SFL itself in 2007 found it to be an out-dated organisation that ran its leagues at three times the relative expense of the comparable divisions in England, employing more than three times the staff to take care of 30 clubs than the Nationwide Conference did to look after 68.

This suggests that the big clubs perhaps had a point when they said that the smaller clubs were too resistant to change. The creation of the SPL was obviously based on self-interest and a desire to make more money. But the idea that the smaller clubs were completely innocent victims unfairly persecuted is not quite true.

Perhaps some of these clubs needed a rocket up the arse. The same old problems being in place a decade after the breakaway would suggest a deep-seated issue of incompetence, failure to adapt to the times, and/or a gravy-train culture.

In an era where tv and commercial deals in foreign leagues were exploding, was it really completely unreasonable for the Scottish top flight clubs to wish to maximise revenue to compete in European competitions and as a commercial entity and to look to shake off what they saw, seemingly correctly, as poorly run operations further down the scale? There's a fair argument to be had either way there. Interesting that it only took four years for the next bunch of SFL clubs to try to do the same.

3) Well, it's a bit like it unless you consider that Hearts have over a century's worth of history of winning leagues, cups, competing in Europe etc, which almost all occurred before the era you refer to, while Gretna had achieved more or less nothing. Apart from that it's an excellent point.

Edited by JTS98

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I think some of the Jambos moaning were fans who were spoiled during the Vlad years when money was spent that wasn't there. I know a few veteran Jambos who remember the early 80s when Hearts were shockingly bad and they tend to be a bit more realistic. 

On 08/05/2020 at 19:31, Radford said:

They've been relegated from the top league 5 times since reconstruction in 1975. Saints have been relegated 4 times from that league over the same period.

Aye, you dont see Hearts fans acknowledging they're a bigger yo-yo side than St Johnstone. 

Getting relegated from the top flight is just something Hearts do.

4 hours ago, JTS98 said:

This suggests that the big clubs perhaps had a point when they said that the smaller clubs were too resistant to change. The creation of the SPL was obviously based on self-interest and a desire to make more money. But the idea that the smaller clubs were completely innocent victims unfairly persecuted is not quite true.

There are some aspects of your post that I could debate if I was arsed, but I think you are right on the money with this section.

There were (and continue to be) many small clubs which are run slightly less professionally than bowling clubs, but still demand equivalence with those with 7 and 8 figure turnovers.

Its obvious to all but fools that these are very different animals.

So Budge is claiming it's disrespectful for clubs to relegate the team in bottom spot.

That said, respect seemed to be furthest from discussion when she claimed that there are too many professional clubs in Scotland and that "we should be looking to half that number".

Funny how respect is only relevant when it's one way.

9 hours ago, Ric said:

So Budge is claiming it's disrespectful for clubs to relegate the team in bottom spot.

That said, respect seemed to be furthest from discussion when she claimed that there are too many professional clubs in Scotland and that "we should be looking to half that number".

Funny how respect is only relevant when it's one way.

Budge is again looking for kudos for herself.

Clubs such as Inverness, may have won the play-offs they would then get money spinning ties against ra sellick and the rangers.

On 09/05/2020 at 14:30, BawWatchin said:

Can't we all just agree that Ann Budge is the Boris Johnson of Scottish Football. Comes across as a total buffoon on the surface, but is really a cold VILE mastermind behind the scenes.

BoJo is mini Trump