Growing A Beard

On 16/05/2020 at 10:43, Bairnardo said:

Heres mine. Colour scheme unfortunately starting to show too many winters but I shall be retaining this until I have shaved my head, and had a chance to see if a barber can turn it into something that looks decent. 20200516_104147.jpeg

image.jpeg.1786024eea4b15ce776fa7872ca9f576.jpeg

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Every man should give it a go at least once in his life. If you don't like it then fine, take it off. This lockdown is the ideal chance to find out.

Not all men are real men though. As highlighted by some of the posters on this thread.

montybeard.png

16 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I would take that in a minute, unfortunately it’s more this, because of the amount of times I’ve been asked if I’m him. I hadn’t watched balls of steel before. 

ADC3548C-6355-466F-82EB-1CC00DBAD345.jpeg

Johnny Vaughan has a good description of Paul Hollywood - a retired copper who appears to have done a bit too well for himself.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I was off work for a while about 13 years ago and I stopped shaving. The itchy phase lasted a couple of weeks but after that I went full bear's arse. Very pleasing result. I keep it reasonably short for work, because a long beard looks mental with a suit. A run around with a beard trimmer every couple of weeks or so is plenty. All this talk of beard oils and moisturisers - your face should do that for you. Personally I think a stylised beard is often the hallmark of a douchebag, makes you look like a baddie from A Handsmaid's Tale, but each to their own. 

I hated shaving, I found it a total waste of time and it irritated my skin. It felt like I was fighting nature every day for no good reason. I've always had the red blotchy jaw look of Andrei Arshavin so it was good to hide that too. Impressive wind resistance properties too - it keeps you warmer in winter yet doesn't seem to add any warmth in summer at all.

Every man should give it a go at least once in his life. If you don't like it then fine, take it off. This lockdown is the ideal chance to find out.

Hated shaving too , grew a beard over 40 years ago and trim it every week when it gets itchy . Shaved it off once when the wife went out on a backshift ,when she came in at night she shouted  " GET THAT BEARD BACK YOU DON'T SUIT A FACE ! " ,been on ever since .

3 hours ago, taurus said:

Hated shaving too , grew a beard over 40 years ago and trim it every week when it gets itchy . Shaved it off once when the wife went out on a backshift ,when she came in at night she shouted  " GET THAT BEARD BACK YOU DON'T SUIT A FACE ! " ,been on ever since .

😂 That's a fantastic line!

Now was the perfect time for me to grow one but I still can't get past the first fortnight where every time I catch a look of myself in the mirror I'm instinctively dialling a number for Yewtree

On 17/05/2020 at 19:08, NotThePars said:

Now was the perfect time for me to grow one but I still can't get past the first fortnight where every time I catch a look of myself in the mirror I'm instinctively dialling a number for Yewtree

Just cover the mirrors.