The Dundee United Thread 22/23

What in the fucking f**k is going on?
I hated Courts and im glad hes fucked off but come on Jack, get the fucking finger out, get these idiots well drilled and start picking up some points or you'll be rapidly approaching  "get to f**k" status too.
Defensive midfielder in pronto.
Disjointed pish.
You need a guy like Gogic in midfield........[emoji1783]

9 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

What in the fucking f**k is going on?

I hated Courts and im glad hes fucked off but come on Jack, get the fucking finger out, get these idiots well drilled and start picking up some points or you'll be rapidly approaching  "get to f**k" status too.

Defensive midfielder in pronto.

Disjointed pish.

Its abundantly clear the players don't get on with Ross. There's only one outcome here. The defence is exactly the same as last year.

3 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Its abundantly clear the players don't get on with Ross. There's only one outcome here. The defence is exactly the same as last year.

The goalkeeper’s (very) different though. I’m not saying we’d have taken any more points but I’m confident we’d have conceded 4 or 5 fewer goals in the last few games with Benji in the goals. 

1 minute ago, Junior_Arab said:

The goalkeeper’s (very) different though. I’m not saying we’d have taken any more points but I’m confident we’d have conceded 4 or 5 fewer goals in the last few games with Benji in the goals. 

Nah, not having that. The players clearly don't like him so there is only one outcome. Might as well do it now.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I thought the exact same thing given the total lack of reaction after we went 2-0 down today.

Tbf we've lost Siegrist and there's a new left-back since the Alkmaar away leg. But even still, the drop-off in Mulgrew, Edwards and Smith's performances in these past few games is staggering.

Edited by captainkev

5 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Jack Ross • Tactics, St Mirren 3 Dundee United 0 • Masterclass - YouTube

Nice cardigan/shirt combo here. IMO.

Thank you.

He’s always immaculately dressed and usually wearing a nice Breitling chronograph.  Important as a pundit.   Not so essential as a manager. 

I personally think he’s doing an excellent job just now*

*I’m just using that sort of banter as I seem to recall @Granny Danger likes this sort of banter.  

4 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Nah, not having that. The players clearly don't like him so there is only one outcome. Might as well do it now.

There’s proper Alan Stubbs at St Mirren vibes coming from Jack Ross and the United players. We got rid after 4 games, winning one of them but it was clear as day the players didn’t like him and it was definitely the correct decision. 

4 minutes ago, Saint Shug said:

There’s proper Alan Stubbs at St Mirren vibes coming from Jack Ross and the United players. We got rid after 4 games, winning one of them but it was clear as day the players didn’t like him and it was definitely the correct decision. 

Its all a bit strange given his man management was always supposedly one of his strengths.

My take on it he's one of those bosses, we've all had them, who thinks he's really popular but people really think he's a bit of a fanny. Definite touch of the David Brents about him. 

Shame his career has gone off the rails. He'll rock up at Falkirk next.

Strange that, at Hibs the players seemingly all loved him. Not surprised to see him struggling though, he’s a bit of a fraud imo.

17 minutes ago, captainkev said:

I thought the exact same thing given the total lack of reaction after we went 2-0 down today.

Tbf we've lost Siegrist and there's a new since the Alkmaar away leg. But even still, the drop-off in Mulgrew, Edwards and Smith's performances in these past few games is staggering.

There comes a time when age catches up , Mulgrew looks done to me. Ayunga and Main had him chasing shadows all afternoon !

I would have said any talk of getting rid of a manager four league games into the season is laughable but based on the performances so far it’s a valid discussion.  Given how much backing he has been given by the club the performances have been nothing short of abysmal.

If Ross goes, now or in the near future, fat Tony has to follow him out the door.  I cannot see Ogren hanging about for much more if we cannot rectify things this season and I wouldn’t blame him.