The Dundee United Thread 22/23

JR is the one who is laughing. Sacked by Sunderland and has one year left on his contract. Gets a big pay-off. Goes to Hibs. Has 3 years on his contract when he gets sacked. Gets a big pay off. Joins Utd. Realises getting sacked is a good thing - big payoff and can sit at home and write his children's books. Fucks up the first few games and awaits his payoff on a 2 year deal. Smart move.

JR is the one who is laughing. Sacked by Sunderland and has one year left on his contract. Gets a big pay-off. Goes to Hibs. Has 3 years on his contract when he gets sacked. Gets a big pay off. Joins Utd. Realises getting sacked is a good thing - big payoff and can sit at home and write his children's books. Fucks up the first few games and awaits his payoff on a 2 year deal. Smart move.
The modern day Billy Davies basically.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

fat Tony has to follow him out the door.  

Were you not singing his praises about two weeks ago?

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I cannot see Ogren hanging about for much more if we cannot rectify things this season and I wouldn’t blame him.

What gives you that impression, now, after he has just overseen his most successful season whilst owning the club?

39 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Shame his career has gone off the rails. He'll rock up at Falkirk next.

Is it a shame? I get why he had to take the Sunderland job he's set for life money wise, but it has ruined his managerial career. He could have achieved something more special with us. 

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Has Jack Ross definitely even bothered to relocate?

The story goes he wanted to commute when Dundee interviewed him but Dundee insisted he relocate.  There would have been a huge amount of travelling involved which would effectively cut the number of hours he would be working.

United advised him he did not require to relocate and could commute.  I heard he doesn’t come up for one of the weekly training training sessions to allow him more time with this family.  

27 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

rosstheboss.gif.4314b887323b5e2c5e1f82e7beb350c8.gif

Jack Ross made his name off the back of St Mirren winning the Championship after escaping relegation the season before 

Runners up that season were newly promoted Livingston so it wasn’t a difficult league to win

We had the best player in the league by a mile - Lewis Morgan

JR talks a good game but, actually, he doesn’t know what he’s doing 

58 minutes ago, captainkev said:

I thought the exact same thing given the total lack of reaction after we went 2-0 down today.

Tbf we've lost Siegrist and there's a new since the Alkmaar away leg. But even still, the drop-off in Mulgrew, Edwards and Smith's performances in these past few games is staggering.

I know its not a popular opinion but Smith is stinking.

Why Freeman isn't playing is crazy. He might not be amazing defensively, but either is Smith. Freeman offers so much more attacking threat.

I'd be going 3 at the back with Graham in there, Behich on the left and Freeman on the right. The midfield is far too soft and we're not getting anything out of Watt or Fletcher. 

None of this Asos Ancelotti pish or whatever it is. Get it together you New Look Laszlo.

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I would have said any talk of getting rid of a manager four league games into the season is laughable but based on the performances so far it’s a valid discussion.  Given how much backing he has been given by the club the performances have been nothing short of abysmal.

If Ross goes, now or in the near future, fat Tony has to follow him out the door.  I cannot see Ogren hanging about for much more if we cannot rectify things this season and I wouldn’t blame him.

WTF are you going to do then? You're up to your necks in a mountain of debt. Frightening the money Rossy boy must be on, for once in our lives we dodged a bullet.

Thank you.