The Dundee United Thread 22/23

4 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Hearing Neilson and Shankland to be sold to another team. Probably some point in the future and maybe even for some money. Rumour has it there are other players in the squad who may be sold too.

Rumours are that we may sign new players to replace said sold players.

Huge if true.

Neilson has looked like the first real asset in a few years.

Yes, Robbie did well for us, firstly getting us promoted then finding another club stupid enough to actually pay us a wedge for his services

Ah..you mean Lewis? [emoji38]

1 minute ago, Aladdin said:

Neilson has looked like the first real asset in a few years. Just need to hope he doesn't go the way of John Souttar however, I have better faith in the management currently than those responsible for Souttar.

The newspapers reported that several scouts were there to watch Neilson at the weekend. If that’s true he may turn out more like Harry Souttar than John. 

3 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

The newspapers reported that several scouts were there to watch Neilson at the weekend. If that’s true he may turn out more like Harry Souttar than John. 

I had completely forgotten about Harry Souttar - hows he ended up playing for Australia?

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

His mum's an Aussie, Harry has 4 goals in only two games for the full Australian side, against minor footballing nations.

Don't remember him lining up against Scotland...

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

Missing at least 2 zeros there. They must have misread it. Typical. 

Never trust info on Utd unless it's come from a Dundee fan. It's just FACT unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

His contract expires in 2022.

Funsters already confirming it contains a £50k release clause. 🙁

None of them can see the myriad financial troubles at their own club coming, but they have intimate knowledge of the contract situations of Dundee United players. Seems legit.

I know it’s early in the season but this weekend could be interesting.  Two of the bottom four clubs have very tough matches; Livingstone host Ross County who are a tough team; and we are looking for our third consecutive away win against a team who have only taken two points from five games.

A point would be acceptable and three would be great.  If other results go our way we could begin to see the start of the gap which I think we need to develop as the season progresses.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

None of them can see the myriad financial troubles at their own club coming, but they have intimate knowledge of the contract situations of Dundee United players. Seems legit.

Its almost as if they pay more attention to the bigger club up the road than their own.

Obsessed?

Jealousy?

Or both?

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I know it’s early in the season but this weekend could be interesting.  Two of the bottom four clubs have very tough matches; Livingstone host Ross County who are a tough team; and we are looking for our third consecutive away win against a team who have only taken two points from five games.

A point would be acceptable and three would be great.  If other results go our way we could begin to see the start of the gap which I think we need to develop as the season progresses.

If we end up with a point its a decent result. Obviously we want 3 points which would be huge and, as you say, a gap opeining up would give us something to build on. 

If sir Shankland plays then I forsee a 2-1 victory for us, if hes still out (or confirmed as sold as we've all been told several times over the last few months) then a hard fought 1-1 draw is what I'd expect and be happy with.