The Dundee United Thread 22/23

Have to say, been listening to the Dode Fox Podcast for the first time and it's really good. Listened to the one with Robbie Neilson and Scott Ogren and it's a very interesting episode. Loved the Danny Swanson one with all the 2010 chat and stories from back then and the Andy Gray one was a very good show too. 

Would reccomend to any Arab of any age during these lockdown weeks and months.

On 12/06/2020 at 12:41, stumigoo said:

Being reported this morning that we have now sold over 4,000 Season Tickets. Fantastic effort.

That's a great effort in the circumstances - what is our record for season ticket holders?

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Have to say, been listening to the Dode Fox Podcast for the first time and it's really good. Listened to the one with Robbie Neilson and Scott Ogren and it's a very interesting episode. Loved the Danny Swanson one with all the 2010 chat and stories from back then and the Andy Gray one was a very good show too. 

Would reccomend to any Arab of any age during these lockdown weeks and months.

I'm sure it was discussed in last season's thread, but I totally agree - a fantastic initiative from the Arabs involved.  Also great to see so many players, ex-players and club employees getting involved.  

1 hour ago, arab_joe said:

That's a great effort in the circumstances - what is our record for season ticket holders?

I'm sure it was discussed in last season's thread, but I totally agree - a fantastic initiative from the Arabs involved.  Also great to see so many players, ex-players and club employees getting involved.  

Must have missed it that chat. It's really good and wish I'd have got to it sooner.

I think we'll be testing the water with 250k. Obviously Dunfermline will want top dollar and if they get that then hes not going to be at Tannadice. 

However, how many teams will be offering top dollar in cold hard cash right now? Not many. 

We'll be throwing add ons and all the rest to lower the initial fee. They'll know we usually do well in selling players on for big money. Do they gamble on a big windfall in a year or two?

ETA it's the last year of his co tract and the arse has fallen out the transfer market. £300k plus a sell on would probably be hard to turn down.

It's normal transfer stuff really. 

Edited by mishtergrolsch

I think we'll be testing the water with 250k. Obviously Dunfermline will want top dollar and if they get that then hes not going to be at Tannadice. 
However, how many teams will be offering top dollar in cold hard cash right now? Not many. 
We'll be throwing add ons and all the rest to lower the initial fee. They'll know we usually do well in selling players on for big money. Do they gamble on a big windfall in a year or two?

ETA it's the last year of his co tract and the arse has fallen out the transfer market. £300k plus a sell on would probably be hard to turn down.
It's normal transfer stuff really. 

We should probably throw in a player on loan too. Or even a permanent deal. Is Cammy Smith still under contract?

1 minute ago, stewartyftd1 said:

We should probably throw in a player on loan too. Or even a permanent deal. Is Cammy Smith still under contract?

Hes contracted till January I think. If they wanted him and he wanted to go then yeah I could see that. Personally I never really like money + player swap kind of deals. Jim O'brien was the one that put me off for life. 

Would be a brilliant addition.  Spending a decent wedge doesn't sit easy with me given our wages/turnover figures of late and the current situation. Hopefully Ogren's business acumen and the inevitable sale of Shanks work out (hopefully end of season rather than Jan). 

7 hours ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Maybe Shankland plus a few quid?  He's a Championship-level player so might be enough to swing it.  

5 hours ago, Tap in 94 said:

Who is going to agree to a loan deal with the championship kicking off at October 17th? 

I forgot about that. It's a shame on those Championship clubs...

4 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

1775130148_tenor(1).gif.989846ba7a92dfd2e77a6be4b723f627.gif