The Dundee United Thread 22/23

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

I doubt Aberdeen can afford him given their chairman was claiming they were haemorrhaging £1 million a month. Id be quite happy to take Hayes for a year depending on what sort of wage he would be expecting. If it was too high, move on to someone else. In regards to Nesbitt, we offered £500,000 in january for him and were turned down but maybe it will depend on Dunfermlines financial situation that we get him 'on the cheap'

Due to the covid 19 pandemic,do you think Utd are immune to this

No i dont, however i dont see our chairman greeting that the club are seeping seven figures every month. As has been commented already, our american owners have been extremely generous when it comes to backing the manager and despite the current climate, i would expect it to continue but within certain limits of course

Nisbet and Hayes are exactly the kind of players we should signing. Guys who will fit straight in to the starting XI.

We desperatly need a wide man and whatever you think of Hayes age, I think we can be confident that he's got at least one good season left in him, and this will be an important season.

And we need a decent striker regardless of whether Shankland goes or not, because he's going to eventually, and we don't want to be scrambling for a replacement when that happens.

Add in two first-pick centre-backs and a good centre mid and I'll be very happy.

5 hours ago, Twinkle said:

No i dont, however i dont see our chairman greeting that the club are seeping seven figures every month. 

I must have missed this. Have you got a link to Cormack saying that? 

7 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I must have missed this. Have you got a link to Cormack saying that? 

20200610_072045.thumb.jpg.91634c46fbc3d4ef1f9f6e11a5896b4d.jpg

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/donsnews/aberdeen-chairmans-pledge-to-season-ticket-holders/

Aberdeen fans still likely to claim it's an achievement they finish 3rd.

Edited by RandomGuy.

That fud Kris Boyd on Sky Sports News just now. Going on about teams returning to training, and saying Dundee United have a huge problem as they use St. Andrews (which is currently closed).

I wouldn't ordinarily pay him much attention, but does he have a point? I would have thought we'd maybe use Broughty Ferry's (it's plastic isn't it? And we've been using it for reserve games for a while too I think?) ground if we can't use St. Andrews.

51 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

Gussie, the RPC and Broughty are all options for United to train at if St Andrews is closed. 

Is the training centre at St Andrews not a partnership deal between the club and Uni though so it's effectively Uniteds too? 

Hardly a partnership. There's an arangement, but everything is still owned by St Andrews Uni.

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

That fud Kris Boyd on Sky Sports News just now. Going on about teams returning to training, and saying Dundee United have a huge problem as they use St. Andrews (which is currently closed).

I wouldn't ordinarily pay him much attention, but does he have a point? I would have thought we'd maybe use Broughty Ferry's (it's plastic isn't it? And we've been using it for reserve games for a while too I think?) ground if we can't use St. Andrews.

Pre season training, surely a few laps around a park and a few sprints should suffice for the time being... plenty of parks in Dundee

7 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Pre season training, surely a few laps around a park and a few sprints should suffice for the time being... plenty of parks in Dundee

Indeed, but in a week or two we'll be needing to use more upmarket facilities than a public park (well, I'd certainly think so).

As above, and unlike Boyd, I doubt it'll be a problem, but I do wonder if St. Andrews will be out of bounds.

Ashgar discussed this on the radio a couple of weeks ago. He confirmed that St Andrews was out of action at the moment. Youth teams were going to use Gussie. I actually can’t remember what he said about the 1st team, but he didn’t seem overly concerned about it. Don’t think it’s a huge issue - there are clearly plans in place.