The Dundee United Thread 22/23

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Was just debating this on twitter think FIFA still says 3 but sfa rules say 2 but I don’t know if that is limited to cubs under their jurisdiction?

I don't think national associations can decide it at professional level. It's a FIFA decision I'm sure.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That rule was only in place last season, alongside the 5 sub rule.

There was never any confirmation of either being extended as far as I can see, so both shouldve reverted to normal.

I had a look at that as we were/are in a similar situation with Jordan Roberts. He's played with both Hearts and ourselves.

This is from the FIFA rules dated August 21 (page 12).

1553590592_ScreenShot2021-12-20at10_00_43.thumb.png.9c73d97a633a70a73a8ed68fb568f61e.png

Edited by capt_oats

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I don't think national associations can decide it at professional level. It's a FIFA decision I'm sure.

It would be funny if it is still 2. Utd have beerschot over a bit of a barrel and get him for buttons then withdraw PCA offer to Watt who then has to go grovelling back to Motherwell for a contract. Top Cinching.

Would be kinda wild if they’ve given up on the £1m they paid for him five months ago.

Not as if he hasn’t been playing either. He hasn’t scored in 5 games but nobody in their side has. They got pumped 7-0 in their last game so I doubt he’s getting many chances.

Courts saying he wants to add to his attacking options this transfer window. We've supposedly signed Watt on a pre contract and want him now, Shankland becomes available for a loan move and McNulty and Biamou should be fit by now. You just know that come the st mirren game next Tuesday Nicky Clark will start though

45 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Would be kinda wild if they’ve given up on the £1m they paid for him five months ago.

Not as if he hasn’t been playing either. He hasn’t scored in 5 games but nobody in their side has. They got pumped 7-0 in their last game so I doubt he’s getting many chances.

I don’t think it was a million. Would guess half of that with the rest performance based. Still a fair wedge to write off after six months though. 

48 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

I don’t think it was a million. Would guess half of that with the rest performance based. Still a fair wedge to write off after six months though. 

And at that won't be paid in full, probably 2x installments of 250k. 

Could write off the second installment and get him back. 

11 hours ago, Baldie1980 said:

looks as though shankland may be getting punted from Belgium,im gonna say hearts will go for him.

The team he plays for are very poor, and to be honest they would have been better spending their money on a defender.

41 minutes ago, steve55 said:

The team he plays for are very poor, and to be honest they would have been better spending their money on a defender.

Hitler wasn’t very nice.

And he was Austrian.

58 minutes ago, steve55 said:

Frédéric Frans was a first choice for Beerschot until he tore his Achilles tendon in October. They also brought in a new manager after their terrible start, but he's made very little headway. I watched a few of their games, they really had nothing about the team, but the backline and goalkeeper didn't look like they had any awareness of each other.