George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

On 11/07/2020 at 13:58, MixuFruit said:

I love these nutters. There was a guy living out of a broken down mercedes car on the A9 out past Newtonmore way a few years back who was good value for his mental hand written signs about bent police and that. You'd only ever be able to read a few words at a time as you passed.

That was a shame, something to do with the council or police if I mind right. Poor c**t was in his 70s, used to drop him in a sandwich and some water whenever was going down the road  

10 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Indeed. Scotland is absolutely hoaching with neds who know that until they are 18 they can get away with anything, and it shows.

Its not hoaching with neds, what we have in Scotland is actually a very small number of persistent offenders. Even in bigger ‘schemes’ most of the people who live there are decent, law abiding people. We’ve got an issue with a very small minority of people who persistently offend, someone getting arrested for a breach of the peace or something once in their teens etc doesnt make them a ned. I think we could do even better on our crime with investment in social services and education. 

This goes back to my criminal justice proposal where we just imprison everyone who looks a bit like a criminal.  I'm sure some innocent people will be jailed but overall this should bag all the wrong 'uns.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

This goes back to my criminal justice proposal where we just imprison everyone who looks a bit like a criminal.  I'm sure some innocent people will be jailed but overall this should bag all the wrong 'uns.

I imagine more than a few P&B regulars would get scooped up in that net.

1 hour ago, Shotgun said:

I imagine more than a few P&B regulars would get scooped up in that net.

There’s now talk of Trump/Barr sending the Fed chuds from Portland into Chicago so given I’ve got a funny accent and look a bit Muslimy, I might get to live this one out in real time. 

7 hours ago, ICTChris said:

The biggest criminals are still the bankers so need to round up everyone in nice suits too. Just to be sure.

The biggest criminals are still the bankers so need to round up everyone in nice suits too. Just to be sure.

This also works with mafioso. You see, my proposal is already getting better and better.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

This also works with mafioso. You see, my proposal is already getting better and better.

TV presenters too. "Bur am chgommentatin!" "Save it for the judge, Mr Carragher".

Shame for John Mackay and that but sacrifices must be made.

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Ah yes but have you considered watching some youtube videos about how Structural Racism isn't real? 

There was a blue pickup truck with ALL LIVES MATTER as a decal across the top of the windscreen going through Camelon about 40 minutes ago.

*inhales sharply through teeth*

I was out running earlier and passed a picnic area that is popular with Asian families. Obviously there were loads of Muslim families out celebrating Eid all dressed up in their best gear.

Unfortunately in the middle of it all there was a very 'classic liberal' looking guy (he had the stupid flat cap and a Churchill style bulldog) taking up a table by himself and glaring at the families (some of whom were eating sitting on the ground). Clearly just an absolute arsehole out to provoke people. Hopefully he gets a bleaching soon.

11 hours ago, Gaz said:

There was a blue pickup truck with ALL LIVES MATTER as a decal across the top of the windscreen going through Camelon about 40 minutes ago.

*inhales sharply through teeth*

As it was on a truck it probably should have read "ALL LIVES MATTER* (*except pedestrians and cyclists)"

Interested in peoples thoughts on this. You can read the article and what was said for yourselves but basically, Paulie Malignaggi gets binned from Showtime for comments which, I personally am not sure carry any sort of prejudice whatsoever. Not seen any particular outrage over it as yet and so it could be Showtime being on a hair trigger, but I don't think I am having this one.

https://www.ringtv.com/606259-paulie-malignaggi-permanently-removed-from-showtime-broadcast-team-over-race-comments/?fbclid=IwAR3f3G1DAQL2nUW58us0TAWrMWMiYNSSpk2bOYHU6-TN0MhMC_LGhPIymjk