George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

17 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The guy who seems to have started the incident being a bipolar paedophile who had just done 12 years in the Arizona prison system adds some context to a bizarre situation.

Please tell me you aren't claiming Rittenhouse's victims "started" the incident. FFS.

20 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The guy who seems to have started the incident being a bipolar paedophile who had just done 12 years in the Arizona prison system adds some context to a bizarre situation.

You don't think traveling to another town when you knew there was a protest going on, wearing military gear and waving an AR15 about, was starting something?

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You don't think traveling to another town when you knew there was a protest going on, wearing military gear and waving an AR15 about, was starting something?

An AR15 which was illegal for him to be in possession of in the first place.

Edited by Shotgun

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Loads of people did that so no.

The insane paedo screaming about murdering people, chasing Rittenhouse and grabbing his gun has all been confirmed by eye witnesses during the trial. 

The trial is going so badly for the prosecution it looked like they were trying to cause a deliberate mistrial yesterday. 

12 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Cant believe people on here trying to justify Rittenhouse’s actions. 

It should be no surprise to anyone, given the poster in question who is doing it.

Erm, not getting involved in this debate. My missus is a black American and I have no time for these right wing cosplayers, but from the reported facts and as a US qualified lawyer it does seem a pretty strong case for self-defence in respect of at least two of the shootings. I am not going to opine on who is right and who is wrong.

This courtroom debate is absolutely fascinating though. I don't give America much credit, but compared to the UK their criminal procedure laws are much tighter, their criminal defence industry attracts a higher quality of lawyer (both for prosecution and defence), and their judges have more personality:

6 hours ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Erm, not getting involved in this debate. My missus is a black American and I have no time for these right wing cosplayers, but from the reported facts and as a US qualified lawyer it does seem a pretty strong case for self-defence in respect of at least two of the shootings. I am not going to opine on who is right and who is wrong.

This courtroom debate is absolutely fascinating though. I don't give America much credit, but compared to the UK their criminal procedure laws are much tighter, their criminal defence industry attracts a higher quality of lawyer (both for prosecution and defence), and their judges have more personality:

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

giphy.gif

Aye - seems a bit weird. But expert witnesses are to be treated as impartial and non-partisan, even if instructed by only one side,* so in a weird American way it makes sense to give him a wee clap if he used to shoot Arabs, as they would for any veteran. More curious is the fact the judge's ringtone is a patriotic song which Trump and his fans like to play at rallies.

*(of course, they are NOT impartial, and always side with those paying them)

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel

20 minutes ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

Aye - seems a bit weird. But expert witnesses are to be treated as impartial and non-partisan, even if instructed by only one side,* so in a weird American way it makes sense to give him a wee clap if he used to shoot Arabs, as they would for any veteran. More curious is the fact the judge's ringtone is a patriotic song which Trump and his fans like to play at rallies.

*(of course, they are NOT impartial, and always side with those paying them)

Haha was more just in comparison with your comment about the quality of the court, just bad timing I saw the two straight one after the other 

Rittenhouse abso-fuckinglutely went to those protests to shoot someone, you dont carry an assault weapon for any other reason than to assault. Hes clearly a wee fantasist who thought he could deal with those big bad liberals and show them how much of a big man he was. Hes a complete psychopathic little c**t and i hope he rots in jail. 
Staggering that the judge wont allow evidence whereby he mentions a desire to have a gun to shoot someone when it clearly provides a staggering insight into just how mad he was a short period before the incident, a great indicator of mens rea. Sadly I just dont think he’ll be convicted. 
Wee dobber had absolutely no grounds to be there other than to play at soldiers. Aye ok if his victims were rioting then its not on but its not his fucking place to go in and summarily execute people. 

32 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Rittenhouse abso-fuckinglutely went to those protests to shoot someone, you dont carry an assault weapon for any other reason than to assault. Hes clearly a wee fantasist who thought he could deal with those big bad liberals and show them how much of a big man he was. Hes a complete psychopathic little c**t and i hope he rots in jail. 
Staggering that the judge wont allow evidence whereby he mentions a desire to have a gun to shoot someone when it clearly provides a staggering insight into just how mad he was a short period before the incident, a great indicator of mens rea. Sadly I just dont think he’ll be convicted. 
Wee dobber had absolutely no grounds to be there other than to play at soldiers. Aye ok if his victims were rioting then its not on but its not his fucking place to go in and summarily execute people. 

Summed it up perfectly. The little shit's going to walk but it has nothing to do with him being innocent. That judge is a fucking disgrace.

7 hours ago, Priti priti priti Patel said:

their criminal defence industry attracts a higher quality of lawyer (both for prosecution and defence)

Think well funded defence lawyers get paid multiples more than public prosecutors for those who can afford them. If you can't afford one the court appointed ones often have a pretty awful reputation.

Edited by welshbairn

If he walks it's because the law in America is mental.

You can walk about with a gun then if someone attacks you or threatens your life it's legal to shoot them. The first guy threatened to kill him, chased him, grabbed the gun and then got shot by Rittenhouse. Second guy chased him then hit him on the head with a skateboard then got shot by Rittenhouse. Third guy pointed a gun at him then got shot by Rittenhouse.