Recommend A Dog

3 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Same with child owners. Bringing little humans into the world and then telling them what to do like a little mini-dictatorship in their homes. Absolute scum. 

IKR. I've heard that some people even give their children names, dress them up in little human clothes and such. What the f**k is wrong with these people?

Just now, Shotgun said:

Well, to be fair, my dug's a spoiled wee bassa. I doubt I would treat a kid any better.

Dogs are brilliant ...

They are always happy to see you even if you are a fanny. They just take it on the chin if you tell them to piss off and back to being your best friend straight away.  

9 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d recommend people stop domesticating animals.  It’s just a power trip, often disguised as something else.

I'd prefer to have an attractive slave girl, but after googling where to get one, I ended up with a visit from the po-po.

Fucking nanny state.

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Sorry we can't all be Presa Canario's like yourself, come across as a great dog but you know a killer is behind those eyes.

I was honestly just quoting you from earlier (?) in the week.

I’m not the killer, I just help with the cadavers.

1 minute ago, mathematics said:

I was honestly just quoting you from earlier (?) in the week.

I’m not the killer, I just help with the cadavers.

I know, I know. Just trying to mix it up a bit in the beigest way possible.

Late to the party and loving the johnnydun et al race to the bottom.

Labs, unless trained as gun dogs, are fat ugly b*****ds and don't be fooled by the whole, "they are so family friendly' bollocks.  They just want to eat and turn in to a barrel of lard.

Too late for @Dee Man but when my weans were wee we had an Airedale.  Absolutely top dug.  Smart and trainable and, when I finally retire, would be happy to have another one.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Late to the party and loving the johnnydun et al race to the bottom.

Labs, unless trained as gun dogs, are fat ugly b*****ds and don't be fooled by the whole, "they are so family friendly' bollocks.  They just want to eat and turn in to a barrel of lard.

Too late for @Dee Man but when my weans were wee we had an Airedale.  Absolutely top dug.  Smart and trainable and, when I finally retire, would be happy to have another one.

I grew up with a Lakeland terrier when I was a boy and it was a great dog and as you probably know, an Airedale is essentially a giant Lakeland. 

Getting a Lab is by no means the final decision at the moment - particularly as the wife is now saying she meant a Golden Retriever FFS - so we're still open to suggestions. I was actually reading up on the Pyrenean Mountain Dog and the aforementioned Newfoundland last night. The only thing that puts me off the latter is the 8-10 year life span. 

On 05/06/2020 at 09:36, Dee Man said:

I'd have a Rhodesian Ridgeback but the wife isn't keen

7 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

the wife is now saying she meant a Golden Retriever FFS 

Dugs are for life.  Wives?  We can debate it.

A ridgeback and a divorce sounds like a happy compromise...

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Dugs are for life.  Wives?  We can debate it.

A ridgeback and a divorce sounds like a happy compromise...

I hear you, but trust me, this is us meeting somewhere in the middle. If it was entirely her decision we'd be having something like a Cairn or Border terrier. Nice enough dogs but not what I'd be happy to settle on.  

5 hours ago, Dee Man said:

German Pinscher: Ugly

Gordon Setter: Gorgeous

Yip. The German isn't as bad looking as the Doberman and has decent prey drive so will alert you to snakes and the likes. The Gordon is just a big loveable Scottish rogue, like your missus.