Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee United's Next Permanent Manager?  

334 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mellon's Paisley background saw him being linked with us every time we were recruiting, which has been approx twice a year for the past decade. I always thought he looked like a potentially intriguing appointment, though there never seemed to be any actual substance to the rumours.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on and whether we've either missed out massively or dodged a bullet.

Mellon's Paisley background saw him being linked with us every time we were recruiting, which has been approx twice a year for the past decade. I always thought he looked like a potentially intriguing appointment, though there never seemed to be any actual substance to the rumours.
Will be interesting to see how he gets on and whether we've either missed out massively or dodged a bullet.
He was being shown around the training ground after JR left. Only know this because a pal managed to sneak a photograph of him. Not to say he was actually getting an interview or anything but the timing was a bit suspicious.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Pedant alert.

He's actually from Elderslie.:rolleyes:

We’ve played a few English teams in friendlies over the years and most of them were shite. 

We went down to the Valley to play Charlton and beat them 1-0 but going by the highlights we bummed them.  They had much more money and more fans than us. We had better players than them.

QPR were a gang too. We toyed with them.

I'm pleased with this appointment. Hiring one of the usual Scottish football jobbers would have destroyed all pre-season optimism.

Five promotions in 10 seasons is some record and he is very well regarded by his former clubs.

Tranmere, with a small budget, also looked on course to avoid relegation last season before being expelled from League One. They were one of the form teams in the division.

It will either work or it won't imo.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

I know a Shrewsbury fan and he really likes him. His win rate is decent and he didn't actually do a bad job at all with Tranmere. He certainly has done much better in England than Neilson did, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Basically, going by personal experience and watching a few games, EFL league one and below is shite.

I fully agree with this.

Melon has proved he can polish a turd though. Several times.

This, for me, is much more encouraging than John Hughes, Billy Dodds or any other merry go round shite bag manager being touted by the morons slavering on BBC Gorgie. 

Like any and most managerial appointments it can easily go tits up so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for two games. After that he can f**k off because hes a shite manager and dosent have a fucking clue what hes doing. 

FFS Melon etc.

Guest DAVIDB69

I’m not overly confident I get Steve Evans type vibes , however it’s not a standard name from the Scottish football unemployed cupboard so will give him a chance .

33 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I fully agree with this.

Melon has proved he can polish a turd though. Several times.

This, for me, is much more encouraging than John Hughes, Billy Dodds or any other merry go round shite bag manager being touted by the morons slavering on BBC Gorgie. 

Like any and most managerial appointments it can easily go tits up so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for two games. After that he can f**k off because hes a shite manager and dosent have a fucking clue what hes doing. 

FFS Melon etc.

😄

Made me think of this old schoolboy humour. Protect your trees!

51JxXvje4-L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg&