Played out tropes in TV and Film

The OP

• 2 weeks later...

woman still wear their bra when its been implied they've just had sex.

you can fall into the Clyde with a duffle coat on, it'll be no more than damp when you get out of the water and bone dry in 10 minutes

cops always creep about with their gun up next to their heads

Edited by Meldrew

Bad guy or a lowly rated, not really needed good guy, gets shot, one shot no matter the weapon usually kills them right away

One of the main people gets shot with same type of weapon, multiple times, weapons damage does enough damage to kill but leave enough time for said character to utter some final meaningful words

10 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

If ever anyone runs into someone the person that gets bumped into will always have been carrying loads of paper which will go flying everywhere.

Not only that, the person who has been bumped into is perfectly understanding, not even remotely angry, and if two people are male and female it could even be the start of a new romance.

40 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Not only that, the person who has been bumped into is perfectly understanding, not even remotely angry, and if two people are male and female it could even be the start of a new romance.

new romance ? if the papers get scattered in a tv show, she'll get humped around the 35 minute mark in the missionary position and she'll still be wearing her bra, if its a film, she'll be on top and her bra will be nowhere to be seen, after that, sex will just be implied

Edited by Meldrew

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Character pointing a gun at someone, gunshot heard but not seen, it's revealed to have come from a third person.

Character is said to have died off-screen. "Dead" character later recovers somewhat.

Slightly niche variation, but I've seen it multiple times - if a character has an evil identical twin who dies, it will be revealed that it was actually the good one who carked it, and the evil one has been roleplaying as their twin the whole time.

Character pointing a gun at someone, gunshot heard but not seen, it's revealed to have come from a third person.

I actually fell for that watching a film the other day. Even though I knew the third party was also holding a gun. Fucking idiot.

Character is said to have died off-screen. "Dead" character later recovers somewhat.
Slightly niche variation, but I've seen it multiple times - if a character has an evil identical twin who dies, it will be revealed that it was actually the good one who carked it, and the evil one has been roleplaying as their twin the whole time.
This is something I feel like I've seen hundreds of times but can't think of any examples.
I actually fell for that watching a film the other day. Even though I knew the third party was also holding a gun. Fucking idiot.
You're a fool.

This is something I feel like I've seen hundreds of times but can't think of any examples.

Last one I remember, which really pissed me off as it was so obvious, was Alien Covenant.

23 hours ago, accies1874 said:

the other trope similar to that is the protagonist and the villain rolling about and fighting over the same gun -  it then goes off. Villain gets up and walks away to suggest he is fine and we think that it is the protagonist that has been shot, only for the villain to either look down and see blood/slump to the floor. 

the other trope similar to that is the protagonist and the villain rolling about and fighting over the same gun -  it then goes off. Villain gets up and walks away to suggest he is fine and we think that it is the protagonist that has been shot, only for the villain to either look down and see blood/slump to the floor. 
Another similar one used ad infinitum in TV series is the old Mexican standoff and a shot is fired - cue cut to credits.

Line of Duty has done this a few times.

Or when two heroes are in the middle of a massive battle, gunshots or whatever going off everywhere, no one can stand still for even a second as everything is going nuts 

Then for some strange reason they will be able to find the sweet spot of the battle, where no bullets, bombs or anything can get to them, to discuss their plans and reload their weapons, where the noise doesnt even penetrate their surroundings so they can speak normally and not shout

3 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Or when two heroes are in the middle of a massive battle, gunshots or whatever going off everywhere, no one can stand still for even a second as everything is going nuts 

Then for some strange reason they will be able to find the sweet spot of the battle, where no bullets, bombs or anything can get to them, to discuss their plans and reload their weapons, where the noise doesnt even penetrate their surroundings so they can speak normally and not shout

or have a flashback/recurrence of a trauma which effectively allows protagonist to stand still without cover in the middle of a battle for 10 mins or so before "snapping out if it" and re-engaging, unharmed.