Cancel culture

4 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

What does 'alienating Harry Potter fans' look like? How does it damage his career?

What damages his career is a potential gig in the future going to someone else because a studio is worried that he's got a bit of the transphobic bad PR about him.

Obviously, that's a bit of a leap forward from today, but that's how PR planning works. You nip that stuff in the bud.

He doesn't need JK Rowling anymore. But he needs good PR.

You don't think there are people on JK's side it wouldn't be in his £$£ interests to alienate unnecessarily? This is all bollocks anyway, 95% of the movie going public won't even have heard about this or take an interest in the issue. It's manufactured nonsense on twitter, unless you're in the tiny trans minority.

Guest JTS98
2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You don't think there are people on JK's side it wouldn't be in his £$£ interests to alienate unnecessarily? This is all bollocks anyway, 95% of the movie going public won't even have heard about this or take an interest in the issue. It's manufactured nonsense on twitter, unless you're in the tiny trans minority.

That's the point. Nobody really cares if he 'disowns' Rowling.

But it certainly gets attention in the media in general if the Guardian runs a story saying he has failed to distance himself from her transphobic comments.

We all know how the news works.

4 minutes ago, JTS98 said:

That's the point. Nobody really cares if he 'disowns' Rowling.

But it certainly gets attention in the media in general if the Guardian runs a story saying he has failed to distance himself from her transphobic comments.

We all know how the news works.

You clearly don't.

10 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I hated O Neill and fox since the days of Living Marxism

#spikedhipster

Lovely people. Although it wouldn't be fair to comment unless we read Spiked daily from cover to cover.

https://medium.com/@JRogan3000/spiked-online-ireland-and-brexit-767562a2fcc7

Edited by welshbairn

7 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Not reading that article or the ideas presented within.

Already decided it’s pish.

I would avoid reading this as well, even more pish.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/dec/07/us-billionaires-hard-right-britain-spiked-magazine-charles-david-koch-foundation

image.png.1028549533d6bae32b39d1e8d87dd1a5.png

Me IRL en route to the spiked offices for a spot of good faith debate with Brendan and the lads. Made the effort to read everything they've ever published and have taken an ice pick to the part of my brain that remembered why Spiked exists. I'm sure they're really keen on some free exchange in the marketplace of ideas and that isn't a cover for something more sinister which makes them an irrelevant source of anything

8 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-53570704

Hate speech alert. More evidence that women are a thing.

I am struggling to see how the story is in anyway related to the topic. Obviously that these woman are not able to get the treatment that they need is a disgrace and shows it the problem with mental treatment in this country, but doesn't tie in with the conversation 

I am struggling to see how the story is in anyway related to the topic. Obviously that these woman are not able to get the treatment that they need is a disgrace and shows it the problem with mental treatment in this country, but doesn't tie in with the conversation 

If trans men are actually women because they self ID as such then they will be just as affected by the topic in the article? To say otherwise would be discriminatory?

Edit for extra word

23 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

If trans men are actually women because they self ID as such then they will be just as affected by the topic in the article? To say otherwise would be discriminatory?

Edit for extra word

Confirms my suspicion that you are weird

Just to add, the article states 1 in 20 woman suffer from the problem meaning 19 out of 20 don't. Not everyone is the same

Edited by Turkmenbashi