Cancel culture

8 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-53570704

Hate speech alert. More evidence that women are a thing.

I am struggling to see how the story is in anyway related to the topic. Obviously that these woman are not able to get the treatment that they need is a disgrace and shows it the problem with mental treatment in this country, but doesn't tie in with the conversation 

I am struggling to see how the story is in anyway related to the topic. Obviously that these woman are not able to get the treatment that they need is a disgrace and shows it the problem with mental treatment in this country, but doesn't tie in with the conversation 

If trans men are actually women because they self ID as such then they will be just as affected by the topic in the article? To say otherwise would be discriminatory?

Edit for extra word

23 minutes ago, Broomhill Ultra said:

If trans men are actually women because they self ID as such then they will be just as affected by the topic in the article? To say otherwise would be discriminatory?

Edit for extra word

Confirms my suspicion that you are weird

Just to add, the article states 1 in 20 woman suffer from the problem meaning 19 out of 20 don't. Not everyone is the same

Edited by Turkmenbashi

I've always held the belief that no comedy should be censored, and every race or gender should be open for a ribbing. It's always sunny and Curb your enthusiasm are the best comedies around right now because Larry David and the  Sunny folk don't care who is offended.

It's comedy, If you are easily offended then don't watch. This cancel culture like most movements is like a big pile of shite rolling down a shite filled hill adding mass to the shite

2 minutes ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

I've always held the belief that no comedy should be censored, and every race or gender should be open for a ribbing. It's always sunny and Curb your enthusiasm are the best comedies around right now because Larry David and the  Sunny folk don't care who is offended.

It's comedy, If you are easily offended then don't watch. This cancel culture like most movements is like a big pile of shite rolling down a shite filled hill adding mass to the shite

All Lives Matter 

1 hour ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

As far as I am aware Curb your Enthusiasm and Sunny don't try and turn racial and LGBTQ slurs into comedy.

11 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I've got a feeling that The Sopranos would get a hard time now because of all the racism in it as well.

Nah, I doubt it. I think people understand that everyone in Always Sunny and Sopranos are scumbags that almost never succeed. Obvs there's the wrinkle in Curb with Larry being a martyr but he's still portrayed as being quite awful.

ETA: maybe not the best judge of this since I've read the Curb list and they're all pretty much my favourite episodes outside of the Seinfeld reunion arc

Edited by NotThePars