WoSFL Premier Division thread

Sad to see giants of the junior game at the bottom of the table. 

Hiy let’s be honest…new money teams is a sad reflection of where the games went. Add JB to that mix next year…..creatin mercenaries. 

I don’t even mind Pollok but that Clydebank mob think they’re the bees knees anaw. We wur senior!! 

The Bot wul be back!  

1 hour ago, Ben10 said:

Hiy let’s be honest…new money teams is a sad reflection of where the games went. Add JB to that mix next year…..creatin mercenaries. 

I don’t even mind Pollok but that Clydebank mob think they’re the bees knees anaw. We wur senior!! 

The Bot wul be back!  

Rageing lad 🔴⚪⚫🤣

6 hours ago, Ben10 said:

The Bot wul be back!  

And Your point is caller where you at the game lol.

7 hours ago, Ben10 said:

The Bot wul be back!  

Don't be silly 

11 hours ago, Ben10 said:

The Bot wul be back!  

Tbf i think we’d believe we were the bees knees when we get points against big teams like Lok and Beith. 

11 hours ago, Ben10 said:

Sad to see giants of the junior game at the bottom of the table...

Maybe worth bearing in mind that there was a time when other clubs like Petershill or Cambuslang Rangers would have been described that way and Auchinleck Talbot weren't doing that well in junior grade terms. Will be interesting to see if this is just a temporary dip in form or the end of an era and a changing of the guard. Talbot's long dominance was arguably about people in that part of Ayrshire still being interested in competitions that had grown a bit stale elsewhere. The possibility of progression was always likely to attract in new money and kickstart interest again in clubs like Johnstone Burgh that were in a bit of a rut previously.

12 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Am I right in thinking that Auchinleck are the only side never to have been relegated from the Premier Division?(excluding new clubs ).

I think they perhaps finished one place above relegation in the early years but haven’t gone down.

Its funny to laugh at some of the dafties like southerner and wee Ben10 but lets face it, they absolutely wont get relegated, not a chance. 

Jesus man 6 games into a 30 game season and this.

Talbot have conceded 6 goals in 6 games. Have lost all 3 matches by a solitary goal.

Talbot fans get a grip, if you are still 3rd bottom after say 20 games then you can worry.

The problem is there will be Talbot fans who have never gone through any kind of non-success, you're acting like CeltGers followers.

Welcome to the world of fans of most other teams.

43 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Am I right in thinking that Auchinleck are the only side never to have been relegated from the Premier Division?(excluding new clubs ).

I think they perhaps finished one place above relegation in the early years but haven’t gone down.

Every club apart from Talbot has been relegated. You could extend that further back into their Ayrshire Junior days and they were never relegated from when it changed from North/South to First/Second in 1976.

They won't go down this season but losing 4 games already they have no chance of winning the League. 

image.png.5e62c5dd64b7beef51610bc1523fd191.png

13 hours ago, Ben10 said:

The Bot wul be back!  

4 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Every club apart from Talbot has been relegated. You could extend that further back into their Ayrshire Junior days and they were never relegated from when it changed from North/South to First/Second in 1976.

They won't go down this season but losing 4 games already they have no chance of winning the League. 

image.png.5e62c5dd64b7beef51610bc1523fd191.png

That is interesting looking at that table Did not remember Neilston finishing runners up  Half of the teams are not in the Premier Division any more It shows how much things in football can change in 20 years

12 minutes ago, maicoman said:

That is interesting looking at that table Did not remember Neilston finishing runners up  Half of the teams are not in the Premier Division any more It shows how much things in football can change in 20 years

32 teams spent at least 1 season in the top division so plenty of churn

That league table is the very first season of the West Region. Talbot started the season well and won the league cup if I remember correctly.

The very first league fixture was Talbot 4 Neilston 0. After that Talbot went downhill and Neilston improved massively.

I believe if Neilston did not play Talbot in the first fixture and played them later in the season when Talbot were poor they would have won the league

Edited by Wile E Coyote

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Jesus man 6 games into a 30 game season and this.

Talbot have conceded 6 goals in 6 games. Have lost all 3 matches by a solitary goal.

Talbot fans get a grip, if you are still 3rd bottom after say 20 games then you can worry.

The problem is there will be Talbot fans who have never gone through any kind of non-success, you're acting like CeltGers followers.

Welcome to the world of fans of most other teams.

I'm fed up of you lecturing Talbot fans. To compare us to the OF is a step too far.

Personally, I believe positivity should always be applied, especially in the current situation but this is a fans forum and the people who are commenting are Talbot supporters who pay into the club, usually in a variety of ways. If you're unhappy with what they say then don't read it. There is only so many times you can come out with the trope about being entitled. They're worried about the club...THEIR club.

Edited by jimbaxters

Just now, maicoman said:

Still can not believe it has run for 21 years Can remember Pollok winning it fairly early on Did they win it again a few years later ? Would be good to see all the winners over the years if anyone has the list in front of them

image.png.982f30c4e74f32559b4c619361fc5be8.png

image.png.9c6a3144a24d19397e670adad3b38fff.png

4 minutes ago, maicoman said:

Still can not believe it has run for 21 years Can remember Pollok winning it fairly early on Did they win it again a few years later ? Would be good to see all the winners over the years if anyone has the list in front of them

The amalgamation of Ayrshire & Central leagues was the best thing to happen to Central clubs as their attendances went up due to faithful away supports of Ayrshire clubs. The favour wasn't returned.

10 minutes ago, maicoman said:

Thanks for that Did not know Pollok and Meadow had won it so many times

The first WoS premier league, Pollok went top on first day of the season on goal difference and were never moved from first place. 
Ronnie Lowrie was manager, and we sacked him the next season for being in 3rd place !

Previous to Talbot winning the league 4 years in a row, we were getting pelters on here with fans saying we were not good enough to win the league, yous are a cup team,the best team wins the league bla bla bla.One of those league wins Talbot went through the the entire campaign without a defeat  14/15 or 15/16 I am not sure.

On another note, 2004/5 season (i think) we had to go to Maryhill  in our last game and win or we were relegated.

P.S.   I for one do not recognise  the 2019/20 win awarded.

1 hour ago, happy said:

On another note, 2004/5 season (i think) we had to go to Maryhill  in our last game and win or we were relegated.

This is a bit of a myth. It is correct a win mathematically meant we stayed up but the reality was a few other unlikely results had to go against us as well as a defeat for us to be relegated. All the other results went our way anyway so a defeat would not  have relegated us and we actually finished 5th or 6th bottom

Edited by Wile E Coyote
spelling