WoSFL Premier Division thread

1 minute ago, bobbydazzler said:

could end up another free hit at the lowland league for the east, especially after the sos champion just got scudded 5-0 in the scottish from the ammy champs

But the SoS teams deserve to be in the big Scottish...apparently.

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

At least the sosl teams can get a fixture arranged for the Scottish Cup?

Ben Nevis superstar race takes priority. Remember your in shinty territory and it could have been worse if you were at home and the game clashed with the Clydebank Under 14 Single Mothers Pram Race.

17 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

But the SoS teams deserve to be in the big Scottish...apparently.

Don't make me give you a red dot.😁😁 

Did you think I wouldn't find this wee dig, hiding it away in Premier Thread. 😉

For the record Abbey Vale qualified for said Scottish Cup by winning a Tier 6 league; exact same as Beith, Loch Ness and Carnoustie Panmure. So 😛.

And other SOSFL clubs have 'qualified' by gaining an SFA Entry Level Licence. Same as, oh let's pick another random club who didn't win any qualifying event last season, Auchinleck Talbot. 😏

The quality or lack of is not a qualifying criteria for said Scottish.

Do you feel same about clubs who get pumped in first round of SJC every season?🤔

Footnote: I have been vocal in my criticism of Vale's capitulation and the subsequent back clapping for a 'decent' effort against the big bad ammies from the North.

It's SRCC weekend, if SOSFL results are similar and there is a meek acceptance I will be on here spouting off. Don't you worry brother. l am 100% against this attitude of happy being the whipping boys of the pyramid. 😡

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Don't make me give you a red dot.😁😁 

Did you think I wouldn't find this wee dig, hiding it away in Premier Thread. 😉

For the record Abbey Vale qualified for said Scottish Cup by winning a Tier 6 league; exact same as Beith, Loch Ness and Carnoustie Panmure. So 😛.

And other SOSFL clubs have 'qualified' by gaining an SFA Entry Level Licence. Same as, oh let's pick another random club who didn't win any qualifying event last season, Auchinleck Talbot. 😏

The quality or lack of is not a qualifying criteria for said Scottish.

Do you feel same about clubs who get pumped in first round of SJC every season?🤔

Footnote: I have been vocal in my criticism of Vale's capitulation and the subsequent back clapping for a 'decent' effort against the big bad ammies from the North.

It's SRCC weekend, if SOSFL results are similar and there is a meek acceptance I will be on here spouting off. Don't you worry brother. l am 100% against this attitude of happy being the whipping boys of the pyramid. 😡

Tier 6 by name only. For their champions to get smashed by the amateur champs shows just how bad they are. 

To compare that league with ours is comparing apples with jobby.

I will never be convinced that they add anything to the competition except another preliminary round. 

35 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Tier 6 by name only. For their champions to get smashed by the amateur champs shows just how bad they are. 

I will never be convinced that they add anything to the competition except another preliminary round. 

a pass into the next round and a nice away day?

50 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Apples with Jobby.... one of your best quotes yet!! 😂😂😂

55 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

I will defend the right of properly licenced clubs being in the Big Scottish.

I agree with you that as a Tier 6 Champion club, they should not be accepting about the level of defeat. We all know the quality of the top amateur teams but there has been an acceptance down here from some of the result. That disappoints me and is not a positive attitude to have for me.

It's SRCC weekend and apart from Nithsdale at EK Black Rooster, I will be again disappointed if the results are poor. 

Anyways not the place for this discussion, which some are happy to sweep under the carpet down here. 🤬

The South clubs are there on merit, so they absolute deserve to be in the senior Scottish cup. 

However, something does need done about this. South and West must join, as having the South league at T6 when in reality it isn’t any better than T9 level. 

3 relegated from the Lowland. Winners of EOS Prem and WOS Prem go straight up. Runners up in each league play off for the 3rd promotion spot. 

No “3rd T6” level league to complicate the play offs

EOS premier is now a lot weaker than it once was. With Kelty,Bonnyrigg,Linlithgow,Bo’ness, and Tranent all moving up. 

Once the WOS winners start having a licence, there will be a good mix in the lowland league. It will certainly get the ball rolling with teams pushing towards a licence once some of the bigger teams move up in the West.

1 hour ago, Connor7 said:

The South clubs are there on merit, so they absolute deserve to be in the senior Scottish cup. 

However, something does need done about this. South and West must join, as having the South league at T6 when in reality it isn’t any better than T9 level. 

3 relegated from the Lowland. Winners of EOS Prem and WOS Prem go straight up. Runners up in each league play off for the 3rd promotion spot. 

I think you're correct re the standard of the league and also the number of teams. There's no comparison between EOS / WOS and SOS except that they're in the pyramid at the same place. I'd prefer to see some regionalisation of the West leagues from Tier 8 down - to cut down on traveling and give teams some local rivalry. South league would fit well into that kind of thing. 

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I think you're correct re the standard of the league and also the number of teams. There's no comparison between EOS / WOS and SOS except that they're in the pyramid at the same place. I'd prefer to see some regionalisation of the West leagues from Tier 8 down - to cut down on traveling and give teams some local rivalry. South league would fit well into that kind of thing. 

And Clydebank in the Euro Super League as they are a massive club dripping in honours. 🙂

3 hours ago, Connor7 said:

EOS premier is now a lot weaker than it once was. With Kelty,Bonnyrigg,Linlithgow,Bo’ness, and Tranent all moving up. 

Once the WOS winners start having a licence, there will be a good mix in the lowland league. It will certainly get the ball rolling with teams pushing towards a licence once some of the bigger teams move up in the West.

Certain Wosfl clubs are hoping non licensed teams win the league every year and nothing changes.

Local fitba and the Big Scottish Cup.

What pyramid?

3 hours ago, Connor7 said:

I know where you're coming from, but as someone who attends SOSFL games it can be easy but incorrect to lump all South clubs together. There is a definite difference of standard across the 12 teams in the League. 

Would be wrong to say they are all at the same Tier level.