WoSFL Premier Division thread

10 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I dont think its that bad Shanner, im sure you guys could buy some ‘tacky plastic shit’ from Hamilton and rebuild it incorrectly at your bit if you really tried ;)

Those seats have nurtured the buttocks of generations of Scottish football fans. When you're down on Saturday take a sniff of one - that's history in your nostrils.

18 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

It's a fecking disgrace, that's what it is. I read on FW thread on highland asking how they retain their SFA Licence. A valid question.

It is what it is, a shite debacle but lets not be surprised that the sfa has given the green light to tin pot behaviour, its their raison de etre. We’ll just need to go up there and spank these turnip munchers. 

59 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Those seats have nurtured the buttocks of generations of Scottish football fans. When you're down on Saturday take a sniff of one - that's history in your nostrils.

What's that old saying:  'what some see as history others smell only shit'

😁😁😁

58 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I am a wee bit jealous of the dressing rooms to be honest. 

Dressing rooms by god; when I wer' lad we ad to get changed on bleeding tram goin ta' game. 

Know I'm looking way too far into the future. But!

What's the latest on Beith's Licence Journey?

Surely West can't go another season with no licenced champ. Fully aware Beith are trying going on what was said end of last season.

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Know I'm looking way too far into the future. But!

What's the latest on Beith's Licence Journey?

Surely West can't go another season with no licenced champ. Fully aware Beith are trying going on what was said end of last season.

The West should adapt a format where if the winner isn’t licensed 2nd or 3rd whatever which is licensed should go into the playoff. Like the LL if a B team wins the team behind them should go up.

5 minutes ago, JuniorRaver said:

The West should adapt a format where if the winner isn’t licensed 2nd or 3rd whatever which is licensed should go into the playoff. Like the LL if a B team wins the team behind them should go up.

I think the LL can block it. Remember in the old EOS days a licenced team would finish 2nd but weren't eligible. Same happens with SOS Creetown finished behind Vale and were not put forward for the play offs.

In the near future all Tier 6 teams might need to be licenced or at least being seen to be engaged n the process. 

Licencing is not easy when it comes to cut off points. Same when Bronze is brought in.

Are new licenses not being suspended at the moment? With that surely the Lowland League should give tier 6 winners some grace period? Or would they rather have likes of Jeanfield Swifts / Haddington than Beith / Hurlford in "their" league...so less of a threat!

Even Troon who have got their floodlights havent got a license as there is so much to it but as Fort William have shown once you are in then easier to keep your license no matter what is happening to your ground!

5 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Are new licenses not being suspended at the moment? With that surely the Lowland League should give tier 6 winners some grace period? Or would they rather have likes of Jeanfield Swifts / Haddington than Beith / Hurlford in "their" league...so less of a threat!

Even Troon who have got their floodlights havent got a license as there is so much to it but as Fort William have shown once you are in then easier to keep your license no matter what is happening to your ground!

According to @glensmad, there is a lot to do annually to retain the license. Also, much as I hate the LL, doubt they have a say in who comes up. Guess it will be written at a national level.

12 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

According to @glensmad, there is a lot to do annually to retain the license. Also, much as I hate the LL, doubt they have a say in who comes up. Guess it will be written at a national level.

Block was poor choice of word. Was rushing out the door.

There must be something in place, as if the champion is non licenced there is no avenue for the highest placed licencee to be put forward for promotion to LLland.

As happened in both WOS and SOS last season.

1 minute ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Block was poor choice of word. Was rushing out the door.

There must be something in place, as if the champion is non licenced there is no avenue for the highest placed licencee to be put forward for promotion to LLland.

As happened in both WOS and SOS last season.

Yes but I don't think the LL decided or enforce this rule. Might be wrong.

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Yes but I don't think the LL decided or enforce this rule. Might be wrong.

The "Lower Pyramid Play-Off" is a binding agreement between the four leagues (LL / WoSFL / EoSFL / SoSFL) and any changes to it have to be agreed by all four parties, before being ratified by the Scottish FA.

Prior to the existence of the WoSFL it was a 3-way agreement and needed all three parties' agreement for the WoSFL to become part of the agreement. That's why the old SJFA could never have been part of the agreement with their policy of "all in together" (including the East Region) as the EoSFL would have blocked it.

7 hours ago, Shannon said:

"The likes of Jeanfield"- I saw your lot play Pollok last night. Jeanfield would beat you and probably give Pollok a game. 

Having said that it would be good to have a West of Scotland League team in the LL. 

19 hours ago, Shannon said:

Are new licenses not being suspended at the moment? With that surely the Lowland League should give tier 6 winners some grace period? Or would they rather have likes of Jeanfield Swifts / Haddington than Beith / Hurlford in "their" league...so less of a threat! ...

If Beith and Hurlford have already started the licensing process with the SFA (and I think it has been confirmed that Beith have for sure) I don't think there is a problem. All that has been blocked is accepting new applications AFAIA and from what was said I think that will open up again soon.

Edited by LongTimeLurker