WoSFL Premier Division thread

58 minutes ago, southerner said:

And Clydebank in the Euro Super League as they are a massive club dripping in honours. 🙂

Absolutely astounded to see you taking a dig at Clydebank. Shocked to the core. 

Aye we may not be massive, we dont have the money clubs like yours and others can pay in wages every week, but we’ve helped move this level of football forward in the West of Scotland. 

23 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Absolutely astounded to see you taking a dig at Clydebank. Shocked to the core. 

Aye we may not be massive, we dont have the money clubs like yours and others can pay in wages every week, but we’ve helped move this level of football forward in the West of Scotland. 

Thanks for that …..

2 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

I know where you're coming from, but as someone who attends SOSFL games it can be easy but incorrect to lump all South clubs together. There is a definite difference of standard across the 12 teams in the League. 

Would be wrong to say they are all at the same Tier level.

Yeah, the problem is you can’t just demote clubs that are currently sitting at T6 level. What is the fairest way of joining the regions? Probably none, but something has to give eventually. 

10 hours ago, Connor7 said:

Yeah, the problem is you can’t just demote clubs that are currently sitting at T6 level. What is the fairest way of joining the regions? Probably none, but something has to give eventually. 

The time to sort it was when the WOSFL was being formed.

My impression is the SOSFL are happy to keep the 'heid doon' and carry on as things are, left alone to play in their own little utopia.

Just now, HorseyGhirl said:

The time to sort it was when the WOSFL was being formed.

My impression is the SOSFL are happy to keep the 'heid doon' and carry on as things are, left alone to play in their own little utopia.

In one respect they don't really bother anyone much I suppose - other than to provide an extra 2 fixtures to the Champs of West and East ( if they have their licence ). However you do wonder how many more will follow the Bonnyton, Threave, Girvan path to competetive football and at what point does it become untenable numberswise. 

19 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

In one respect they don't really bother anyone much I suppose - other than to provide an extra 2 fixtures to the Champs of West and East ( if they have their licence ). However you do wonder how many more will follow the Bonnyton, Threave, Girvan path to competetive football and at what point does it become untenable numberswise. 

Oh I hate that phrase 'they don't bother anyone'. 🤣 Don't tell jimbaxters they don't bother anyone.

For me its about having a proper functioning pyramid. It also leaves the door ajar for a Wellington to try and jump the queue.

I feel the will isn't there to find a solution that will work. Like you say the SOSFL may die a slow death or carry on as it is. 

I do wonder if teams like Nithsdale, Uppers, Mids and Lochmaben ever think about moving. Geographically it can make sense. Also financially.

Anyway this will not go away as some would like it to.

17 hours ago, Greenmachine said:

He’s raging because his wee “Joonyur” world has collapsed and Talbot aren’t the big fish anymore.

Oh God why didn't we just sign Kyle Lafferty and put lots of shiny tacky  plastic shit and lights in the dressing room when we where still dominant? Now we can only watch on in helpless despair as Talbot circle the pube-clogged plug hole of football obscurity, never to return. Sack the board. 

43 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Say what you will about the Sosl , at least they dont try and move Scottish Cup games to the Isle of Man. 

I sense you are not overly impressed with the move.

26 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Oh God why didn't we just sign Kyle Lafferty and put lots of shiny tacky  plastic shit and lights in the dressing room when we where still dominant? Now we can only watch on in helpless despair as Talbot circle the pube-clogged plug hole of football obscurity, never to return. Sack the board. 

Sarcasm? 😉

28 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I dont think its that bad Shanner, im sure you guys could buy some ‘tacky plastic shit’ from Hamilton and rebuild it incorrectly at your bit if you really tried ;)

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Me? No its a great laugh isnt it?

It's a fecking disgrace, that's what it is. I read on FW thread on highland asking how they retain their SFA Licence. A valid question.