WoSFL Premier Division thread

That's a good statement from our club  and we are as ambitious as anyone , knew about these reasons for a good while now and it was a bit frustrating seeing all the comments on here and not wanting to reply  but now the club have released a statement it's maybe cleared things up a little for people   .

Wonder what would've happened if they hadn't been going for an asset transfer and instead went for planning permission with NAC listed as owner, would the council have ever figured out they didn't own the land?

Suppose once you know you aren't going to get a licence there's plenty time to sort one for next time.

34 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Should Beith win the wosl and the play off should they not be promoted as they r working towards a licence? Also have there committee seen the team doing that well and likely 2 win league there trying 2 fast track there application?

Mon the papers

No

31 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Should Beith win the wosl and the play off should they not be promoted as they r working towards a licence? Also have there committee seen the team doing that well and likely 2 win league there trying 2 fast track there application?

Mon the papers

Sounds like they have 90% of things in place which I think is great and hopefully they will get the ground ownership sorted so they know exactly where they are at but reading it, it looks as though they haven't applied for a license, and understandably so, so Id expect that would be a NO

9 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Good attendance at Auchinleck Talbot tonight must have been about 800 , good result aswell

I would expect a good crowd for this cracking derby game although I've read the attendance on here and elsewhere that the attendance was somewhere near 400, 500, 600, 700 and now 800.  Is there somewhere official that has attendance figures as it is a bit confusing what the actual attendance was?

I'm thinking and local fans would probably knw better than me, if this game was on a Saturday would be well over 1000 ?

4 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I would expect a good crowd for this cracking derby game although I've read the attendance on here and elsewhere that the attendance was somewhere near 400, 500, 600, 700 and now 800.  Is there somewhere official that has attendance figures as it is a bit confusing what the actual attendance was?

I'm thinking and local fans would probably knw better than me, if this game was on a Saturday would be well over 1000 ?

I was at the game last night, my first experience of the Talbot v Cumnock derby, and I have to say I was somewhat underwhelmed by the experience. Perhaps it was because there was little at stake in terms of the league for both sides, but I felt it was pretty flat and I expected the crowd to be bigger than it was. Talbot were deserved winners, although we left in the 90th minute to get away in front of the traffic and missed the 3rd and 4th goals, although we probably wouldn't have seen them through the fog anyway.

18 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Should Beith win the wosl and the play off should they not be promoted as they r working towards a licence? Also have there committee seen the team doing that well and likely 2 win league there trying 2 fast track there application? ...

Reading between the lines of that statement the council not being able to process planning permission on floodlights because of a legal technicality is what likely made fast tracking impossible. It's good to hear that they are very much going for it and likely won't represent an obstacle in the way of other clubs going for promotion in future. Lucky break for Linlithgow Rose.

Beith's statement doesn't make complete sense.

AFAIK anyone can apply for planning permission, whether or not you own the land.

As the council don't own it, their only involvement seems to be as the planning authority. They should be looking at any application on its merits, and not concerning themselves about ownership.

4 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

AFAIK anyone can apply for planning permission, whether or not you own the land.

As the council don't own it, their only involvement seems to be as the planning authority. They should be looking at any application on its merits, and not concerning themselves about ownership.

However without "security of tenure" over the stadium (and documentation to prove it), Beith cannot get full Scottish FA Licensing compliance.

15 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

It makes perfect sense, if you are applying for planning permission and you do not own the land you must inform the owner of the land that you are doing it. however as there is no clear owner in this case so who do they inform As the land is held in trust for the town of Beith for the use as a football venue and NAC say it is not theirs.

3 hours ago, glensmad said:

However without "security of tenure" over the stadium (and documentation to prove it), Beith cannot get full Scottish FA Licensing compliance.

How did BSC get it at Lochburn a good few years ago? It was then that had the licence not the ground! 

13 hours ago, glensmad said:

I was at the game last night, my first experience of the Talbot v Cumnock derby, and I have to say I was somewhat underwhelmed by the experience. Perhaps it was because there was little at stake in terms of the league for both sides, but I felt it was pretty flat and I expected the crowd to be bigger than it was. Talbot were deserved winners, although we left in the 90th minute to get away in front of the traffic and missed the 3rd and 4th goals, although we probably wouldn't have seen them through the fog anyway.

It was tame last night, nothing to get overly excited about.  You might be right possibly the fact there wasn't much at stake, possibly the fact both were missing half a team, possibly the fact it was a Monday night?

4 hours ago, Budandavodka said:

How did BSC get it at Lochburn a good few years ago? It was then that had the licence not the ground! 

They would have had a groundshare agreement in place with the owners which guaranteed them rights to use of the facilities as required.

Edited by glensmad