WoSFL Premier Division thread

7 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

EOS winner will be a licensed club as the lowest non-licensed side is 11th. SOS 4th place is the highest non-licensed side.

*12th - the bottom 5 are all non-licensed. IHS can reach a maximum of 59 pts so a few games and soon a licensed tier 6 champion will be confirmed.

Edited by Ginaro

1 hour ago, fieldsofdreams said:

You know the teams that were at it with the old firm frost.  Not one of them announcing a pitch inspection today despite colder and heavier frost 

Have seen quite a few inspections being mentioned and some games have already been called off. 

45 minutes ago, ekfootball said:

Out of the 3 leagues, WOS, EOS & SOS, who can actually gain promotion to the Lowland League(who has a license?)?

if all 3 teams a licence it is a 3 way play off mini league with the best record goes up, if 2 teams have licences head to head playoff and if 1 teams has licence automatic promotion

7 hours ago, ekfootball said:

Out of the 3 leagues, WOS, EOS & SOS, who can actually gain promotion to the Lowland League(who has a license?)?

For the licensed clubs East league winners I am very sure will be licensed and looks like South winners are also likely to be licensed (Dalbeattie / Creetown / Newton Stewart) and in the West most teams near the top are licensed with exceptions of Beith and St Cadocs then Hurlford, Largs and a few others further down the table.

IMG_20240115_230851.jpg

Edited by Shannon

St Cadocs sneaking up the league quietly.  Win games in hand 1 point off Clydebank who don’t really have the experience of getting things over the line. 

Beith can go comfortably clear if win their games in hand.  

I think we (Darvel) still in with a shout after watching Clydebank at weekend.  Very lucky against a very young talbot side.  Stronger side lost.  I think talbot will still have influence on the outcome of league.  

hearing reports of pollock committee guys having secret  meetings with a potential new manager currently in the west prem after the weekends result.  Any more on this?

51 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

St Cadocs sneaking up the league quietly.  Win games in hand 1 point off Clydebank who don’t really have the experience of getting things over the line. 

Beith can go comfortably clear if win their games in hand.  

I think we (Darvel) still in with a shout after watching Clydebank at weekend.  Very lucky against a very young talbot side.  Stronger side lost.  I think talbot will still have influence on the outcome of league.  

hearing reports of pollock committee guys having secret  meetings with a potential new manager currently in the west prem after the weekends result.  Any more on this?

1. Do St. Cadocs have experience of getting things over the line. 

2. Whilst I agree Beith are slight favourites, they have already lost the same number of games this season as Clydebank, so maybe better with points on the board.

3. If you think Talbot deserved to win on Saturday, you must have been in The Lovat at opening time. Although, if Talbot are going to influence the eventual winners, then I am glad we have played them twice already (and beat them twice).

4. Not much of a secret meeting if you know about it.  

1 hour ago, DanMan said:

1. Do St. Cadocs have experience of getting things over the line. 

2. Whilst I agree Beith are slight favourites, they have already lost the same number of games this season as Clydebank, so maybe better with points on the board.

3. If you think Talbot deserved to win on Saturday, you must have been in The Lovat at opening time. Although, if Talbot are going to influence the eventual winners, then I am glad we have played them twice already (and beat them twice).

4. Not much of a secret meeting if you know about it.  

St Cadocs are a decent outfit. 

The rest of that was just someone looking for a bite. 

eta seeing mourinho has just left Roma, Rhubarb probably linking him to lok.

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

St Cadocs are a decent outfit. 

The rest of that was just someone looking for a bite. 

eta seeing mourinho has just left Roma, Rhubarb probably linking him to lok.

St Cadocs, in my opinion wouldn't be a loss to the league as bring no fans, have no ground etc...that said they go about their business quietly and are picking off good results, they won promotion last year. For me St Cadocs are a team more in line with the lowland league, a club run by money, not really representing any community etc...and no real fan base. This is similar to Caledonian Braves, EK etc...

I think it will be an interesting end to the season. 

Clydebank are not a well decorated club, no premier league titles, Scottish Cups etc...yes they beat as weak of Talbot albeit one that is building for seasons to come twice however given the money Clydebank has thrown at the team to win promotion then scraping two one goal victories against Talbot probably tells you more about Clydebank than anything. 

I am still an advocate for every club should have their own ground, we went without a game last weekend due to ground sharing. ground sharing should be restricted to below west prem, these council type ground such as New Tinto, Gartcairn, Holm Park etc...are soulless places to go.

I had a laugh with a committee member at Talbot for eating all the free pies at half time and was shocked to hear that they don't provide pies etc... for opposition committee members and coffees were help yourself. One thing we have got right is how we treat members of other clubs coming doon the brae. I was shocked to hear that the "directors" of Clydebank can't even treat guest right. 

No secret Maxwell has been under pressure for weeks now. When I say secret I mean unofficial meeting with a potential candiate so if they do pull the trigger they have someone to replace him with. 

3 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

St Cadocs, in my opinion wouldn't be a loss to the league as bring no fans, have no ground etc...that said they go about their business quietly and are picking off good results, they won promotion last year. For me St Cadocs are a team more in line with the lowland league, a club run by money, not really representing any community etc...and no real fan base. This is similar to Caledonian Braves, EK etc...

Clydebank are not a well decorated club, no premier league titles, Scottish Cups etc...yes they beat as weak of Talbot albeit one that is building for seasons to come twice however given the money Clydebank has thrown at the team to win promotion then scraping two one goal victories against Talbot probably tells you more about Clydebank than anything. 

I am still an advocate for every club should have their own ground, we went without a game last weekend due to ground sharing. ground sharing should be restricted to below west prem, these council type ground such as New Tinto, Gartcairn, Holm Park etc...are soulless places to go.

I had a laugh with a committee member at Talbot for eating all the free pies at half time and was shocked to hear that they don't provide pies etc... for opposition committee members and coffees were help yourself. One thing we have got right is how we treat members of other clubs coming doon the brae. I was shocked to hear that the "directors" of Clydebank can't even treat guest right. 

No secret Maxwell has been under pressure for weeks now. When I say secret I mean unofficial meeting with a potential candiate so if they do pull the trigger they have someone to replace him with. 

Away and howl at the moon ....... 

35 minutes ago, rhubarb1974 said:

Actually agree with you, Clydebank are a complete shell of an outfit, you know what, maybe we should just wind the club down and stop, we’re clearly not worthy and the only reasonable solution is to just give up. We’d have never realised this without your constant reassurance so genuinely thanks. 
Agree, biggest budget in the league, even the kit man is on £500 a week and we’ve only managed to be top of the league. We need to just accept how awful we are, apologise and move on, knowing our place.