WoSFL Premier Division thread

21 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

FFS - dry your eyes.

Clydebank seemed to be well in position to win the league, but fell away,latterly ( happy for you to correct me if I am wrong.

Only right that licensed teams who win their respective Regional top leagues should be promoted. As that is not in the current rules, play-offs for winning licensed teams will have to do.

For a scenario that a region can/wants to pick a licensed team, who could have finished 3rd, 5th or 8th to be included in the play-offs is, as you put it - bonkers! 

We're in our 3rd full season now. 2022 Darvel and were licenced- fine ( we were 4th ). 2023 Beith unlicensed- Talbot finished 2nd and we were 4th. This season - Beith unlicensed and we'll be 2nd or 3rd probably - Talbot favourite to finish 2nd. So this isn't about us. In all liklihood we won't be the highest licenced side. It won't be in place for this play off even with fair wind. Good chance an unlicensed team may win next year. With calibre of teams a top 6 finish will be decent. This isn't about us. It's about some shift upwards in West. There's no good reason not to ... as so far it's mainly been that East teams might no like it as they'd much prefer to be playing Champions. I mean ... come on

8 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Great feeling to win back to back west premier titles and amazing scenes in the town afterwards and we have a real special group of players along with a great management team and they've all shown great unity and team spirit with no lack of ability too. 

Time to soon kick off round two of celebrations  .

Did all the team and officials stay in the town and enjoy the night? 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

We're in our 3rd full season now. 2022 Darvel and were licenced- fine ( we were 4th ). 2023 Beith unlicensed- Talbot finished 2nd and we were 4th. This season - Beith unlicensed and we'll be 2nd or 3rd probably - Talbot favourite to finish 2nd. So this isn't about us. In all liklihood we won't be the highest licenced side. It won't be in place for this play off even with fair wind. Good chance an unlicensed team may win next year. With calibre of teams a top 6 finish will be decent. This isn't about us. It's about some shift upwards in West. There's no good reason not to ... as so far it's mainly been that East teams might no like it as they'd much prefer to be playing Champions. I mean ... come on

Win the league and your lot will go up simple stuff really.....

Edited by Thejackdaw

5 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Win the league and you will go up simple stuff really.....

It's not actually. Which is something that seems to be missed with this at the moment. Getting a team into the play-off doesn't = progression. Just participation.

51 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It's not actually. Which is something that seems to be missed with this at the moment. Getting a team into the play-off doesn't = progression. Just participation.

= Darvel FC

12 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Aye there is. If you're not good enough to win your league you are not good enough to be given any further opportunity to be promoted. You can quote figures about how it's not about Clydebank all you want but for you and the other Clydebank fans it is clearly about Clydebank and your frustration about not being able to win the league and thereafter climb the ladder. Your team will get up in time but for now stop trying to gerrymander a route for yourselves.

33 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Aye there is. If you're not good enough to win your league you are not good enough to be given any further opportunity to be promoted. You can quote figures about how it's not about Clydebank all you want but for you and the other Clydebank fans it is clearly about Clydebank and your frustration about not being able to win the league and thereafter climb the ladder. Your team will get up in time but for now stop trying to gerrymander a route for yourselves.

So what you are saying is we are the only team in this league who wants to up .Rather than stay stagnant. eh???

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, judge macbrayne said:

So what you are saying is we are the only team in this league who wants to go up on a free pass . Rather than stay stagnant. eh???

FIFY

Edited by Casper Wilson

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

This is more likely to impact you than us. 

1 hour ago, judge macbrayne said:

So what you are saying is we are the only team in this league who wants to up .Rather than stay stagnant. eh???

No, as well you know. I'm saying that the overwhelming majority of people here who are advocating the highest placed loser (note the word loser) should be allowed an opportunity to progress. But then you knew that.

14 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

You'll have to explain that one, I'm afraid. Do you mean it will impact Talbot?

Explain that one ? Well yes of course I'm talking about Talbot - I.e. your team, you. Given you're ( Talbot ) historically the stronger team and likelier ( incl this season ) to finish higher up the league. This is our 10th season competing in same league - including Covid season. You've finished above us every season except perhaps this one. Given that this is not going to be brought in for this end season, then its very obviously not about us. 

6 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Explain that one ? Well yes of course I'm talking about Talbot - I.e. your team, you. Given you're ( Talbot ) historically the stronger team and likelier ( incl this season ) to finish higher up the league. This is our 10th season competing in same league - including Covid season. You've finished above us every season except perhaps this one. Given that this is not going to be brought in for this end season, then its very obviously not about us. 

Ok, thanks for the explanation but I disagree. Most Talbot fans AFAIK accept the fact that if they don't win the league they won't have a chance to go up. What I'm saying is that the majority of Clydebank fans on here and in fact the majority of posters who are in favour of a highest placed loser idea are Clydebank fans.