WoSFL Premier Division thread

6 hours ago, Shanner said:

I reckon Talbot will need to add one or two before that prediction comes to fruition but I can't wait to get going again and find out. 

I think if Tucker does in a normal close season 2/3 players out 2/3 players in then I personally don't see anyone competing with Talbot. The overhaul at the start of last season was not typical of Talbot under Tucker. As an outsider looking in, I think giving most of the signings were relatively unknown he has once again shown that he really does have an eye for a player. Gillies, Thomson, Abed, McAvoy amongst others are all players that can only get better if Talbot can hold onto them. 

Clydebank have more of less re-signed full team which is good for continuity however the players were found out imo this season in what I believe to be their best chance of winning the league. I would say if they finish in top 3 with Talbot and Beith this season I would be comfortable in saying that they have a far bigger budget than Talbot and Beith and pay higher wages. 

St Cadocs will get stronger, the players have had a season to adjust to this level of football, I know most came from the LL however I still think it is a step up dropping a league to the WoS prem than playing in the LL. 

Gartcairn are another club who are well funded, perhaps signed the wrong players/characters for this season however I would expect them to spend again in the summer. I have heard a number of Darvel players on the way there. 

Johnstone Burgh look certain now to be promoted, there is no secret that they have strong financial backing. I have watched them a couple of times under McKim who I felt was out his depth for the level of players that was being signed. I think with a more experienced manager in Murdi and with what appears to be an open cheque book they could pose a serious challenge in the WoS prem as long as the backers stay there. 

For me after watching last night, that performance from Darvel is a sign of what is to come. There appears to be serious issues brewing, major issues with pitch which is not going to be a quick fix. Rumored that the big earners are going to have their contracts ripped up and be free to leave. I think Darvel will, and very quickly, find their natural level. Unless the club opens itself to former committee members I worry about their long term future. John Gall going at the end of the season and I would imagine along with the mojority of the committee that were his pals, Frank Hill will be away tail between legs and I would imagine all the hangers ons will be away too. The tie in with Galston YFC is in tatters as well. Bronsky, Aitken, Sideserf all on way to Gartcairn, Syme strongly linked to Talbot all players going on a free as the club can not honour contracts. Leishman and G Wilson to retire with Leishman heading back to Talbot as a club ambassador. Hutton returning to Pollok. Michael Oliver bringing players in from Ashfield while Michael Kennedy sets to loan darvel players   

Pollok seem to be in turnmoil off the park still, issues paying buses etc...unsure how a club with the following of Pollok can be in the position it is in other than through total mismanagement by the committee. For me Pollok at the biggest unknown for next season. I was hearing that a recent contract extension player has tried to over his services to Talbot which if true would be a great signing for them. 

21 hours ago, Shanner said:

as you just said- you don't have floodlights, ergo the ground isn't up to scratch. 

apology accepted. 

Your lot don’t have a title winning squad ergo there not up too scratch. So whining about others clubs is a bit pot kettle

14 hours ago, Wos-observer said:

Into the final week of the season, how happy are you with your teams season and why? Also what is your prediction for top 3 next season and bottom 3.

1 - Talbot

2 - St Cadocs

3 - Johnstone Burgh

14 - Drumchapel

15 - Darvel

16 - Benburb 

1.) St Cadocs 

2.) Talbot

3.) Clydebank 

14.) Glenafton. Sailing close to relegation 2seasons now and I feel there is only so long you can do that.

15.) SBA/Ashfield

16.) Bens

Also need to see what happens with Darvel, they could hang in one more season before falling off the edge of a cliff.

52 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

I think if Tucker does in a normal close season 2/3 players out 2/3 players in then I personally don't see anyone competing with Talbot. The overhaul at the start of last season was not typical of Talbot under Tucker. As an outsider looking in, I think giving most of the signings were relatively unknown he has once again shown that he really does have an eye for a player. Gillies, Thomson, Abed, McAvoy amongst others are all players that can only get better if Talbot can hold onto them. 

Clydebank have more of less re-signed full team which is good for continuity however the players were found out imo this season in what I believe to be their best chance of winning the league. I would say if they finish in top 3 with Talbot and Beith this season I would be comfortable in saying that they have a far bigger budget than Talbot and Beith and pay higher wages. 

St Cadocs will get stronger, the players have had a season to adjust to this level of football, I know most came from the LL however I still think it is a step up dropping a league to the WoS prem than playing in the LL. 

Gartcairn are another club who are well funded, perhaps signed the wrong players/characters for this season however I would expect them to spend again in the summer. I have heard a number of Darvel players on the way there. 

Johnstone Burgh look certain now to be promoted, there is no secret that they have strong financial backing. I have watched them a couple of times under McKim who I felt was out his depth for the level of players that was being signed. I think with a more experienced manager in Murdi and with what appears to be an open cheque book they could pose a serious challenge in the WoS prem as long as the backers stay there. 

For me after watching last night, that performance from Darvel is a sign of what is to come. There appears to be serious issues brewing, major issues with pitch which is not going to be a quick fix. Rumored that the big earners are going to have their contracts ripped up and be free to leave. I think Darvel will, and very quickly, find their natural level. Unless the club opens itself to former committee members I worry about their long term future. John Gall going at the end of the season and I would imagine along with the mojority of the committee that were his pals, Frank Hill will be away tail between legs and I would imagine all the hangers ons will be away too. The tie in with Galston YFC is in tatters as well. Bronsky, Aitken, Sideserf all on way to Gartcairn, Syme strongly linked to Talbot all players going on a free as the club can not honour contracts. Leishman and G Wilson to retire with Leishman heading back to Talbot as a club ambassador. Hutton returning to Pollok. Michael Oliver bringing players in from Ashfield while Michael Kennedy sets to loan darvel players   

Pollok seem to be in turnmoil off the park still, issues paying buses etc...unsure how a club with the following of Pollok can be in the position it is in other than through total mismanagement by the committee. For me Pollok at the biggest unknown for next season. I was hearing that a recent contract extension player has tried to over his services to Talbot which if true would be a great signing for them. 

You would be comfortably talking shite regarding wages rhubarb.

10 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

Do you honestly think Clydebank have less player budget than Talbot or Beith? Out of those 3 team Clydebank will pay more on wages collectively across the playing and management staff than the other two.   I have not said Clydebank are highest spenders in league I was only comparing budgets in the top three positions.  

Bear in mind Beith and Talbot will have a fair amount of money being spent on pitch maintenance as they have their own ground and not ground sharing or using council facilities.   Clydebank don’t have their own ground to maintain.  

4 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

Do you honestly think Clydebank have less player budget than Talbot or Beith? Out of those 3 team Clydebank will pay more on wages collectively across the playing and management staff than the other two.   I have not said Clydebank are highest spenders in league I was only comparing budgets in the top three positions.  

Bear in mind Beith and Talbot will have a fair amount of money being spent on pitch maintenance as they have their own ground and not ground sharing or using council facilities.   Clydebank don’t have their own ground to maintain.  

You think we get to play and train on a council owned facility for nothing? 😂

8 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

100% we have less to be honest.

Clydebank have stuck plenty into Holm Park and that is before the rent gets paid. You are clueless on this front.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

100% we have less to be honest.

Clydebank have stuck plenty into Holm Park and that is before the rent gets paid. You are clueless on this front.

No no dont forget Beith players are playing for free because they love Chris Strain. Absolutely sure Divers is on £27 a week and he donates most of that back to Chris. 

Beith were absolutely fantastic this season, a great side, but this idea that they’re plucky underdogs playing for tuppence is utter mince. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

17 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

You think we get to play and train on a council owned facility for nothing? 😂

You don’t pay weekly wages for green keepers, you don’t pay regular bills to contractors to carry out maintenance on pitch.  Both Talbot and Beith still need to pay the council for training facilities on top of the money they spend on their pitch.  

there is a considerable cost in the above none of which Clydebank need to pay for as they don’t have their own ground.  Simple as that.  You have a financial advantage straight away over the other two teams mentioned as you simply do not have the costs in upkeeping your own facility.  

There is no doubt the wages at Clydebank are higher.  I know if one player in particular that was keen to sign for talbot however the wages offered by Clydebank we considerably more.   

this is not an anti Clydebank post, I know your lot have auto alarms set anytime the Clydebank gets mentioned.  Sometimes you need to take your blinkers off and actually have a reality check.   Top 3 assuming it’s beith talbot and Clydebank.   Clydebank have the biggest wage bill.  Biggest squad numbers as well.  

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No no dont forget Beith players are playing for free because they love Chris Strain. Absolutely sure Divers is on £27 a week and he donates most of that back to Chris. 

I am not saying there won’t be talbot or beith players on decent money for the level however those two teams are not clubs throwing crazy money about.   They are teams with good fan base, history, good managers with track record of winning etc…they are clubs that can attract players due to the standing of the club and reputation of the managers etc…rather than because they are paying the most money.  

diver is a stand out in the league.  I’ve liked him the games I’ve seen him in this season.  Giving he came from lower level, the current season I don’t think he’ll be one of the higher earners I am sure that will change though.  

chris strain is a marmite character you either love him or hate him, he is very passionate on the side lines which is why he gets stick from other clubs fans and on occasion i am sure his own however he is a winner he knows how to win.  Tucker is generally well respected by all in football and for obvious reasons.  Moff is at a different stage in his career and has still to prove he can be a winner and that he has the killer instinct.  If players are playing for the right reason and not money driven, ticket and strain trump moff all day long.   

19 minutes ago, Wos-observer said:

I am not saying there won’t be talbot or beith players on decent money for the level however those two teams are not clubs throwing crazy money about.   They are teams with good fan base, history, good managers with track record of winning etc…they are clubs that can attract players due to the standing of the club and reputation of the managers etc…rather than because they are paying the most money.  

diver is a stand out in the league.  I’ve liked him the games I’ve seen him in this season.  Giving he came from lower level, the current season I don’t think he’ll be one of the higher earners I am sure that will change though.  

chris strain is a marmite character you either love him or hate him, he is very passionate on the side lines which is why he gets stick from other clubs fans and on occasion i am sure his own however he is a winner he knows how to win.  Tucker is generally well respected by all in football and for obvious reasons.  Moff is at a different stage in his career and has still to prove he can be a winner and that he has the killer instinct.  If players are playing for the right reason and not money driven, ticket and strain trump moff all day long.   

Beith have a good fanbase 😂

1 hour ago, Wos-observer said:

You don’t pay weekly wages for green keepers, you don’t pay regular bills to contractors to carry out maintenance on pitch.  Both Talbot and Beith still need to pay the council for training facilities on top of the money they spend on their pitch.  

there is a considerable cost in the above none of which Clydebank need to pay for as they don’t have their own ground.  Simple as that.  You have a financial advantage straight away over the other two teams mentioned as you simply do not have the costs in upkeeping your own facility.  

There is no doubt the wages at Clydebank are higher.  I know if one player in particular that was keen to sign for talbot however the wages offered by Clydebank we considerably more.   

this is not an anti Clydebank post, I know your lot have auto alarms set anytime the Clydebank gets mentioned.  Sometimes you need to take your blinkers off and actually have a reality check.   Top 3 assuming it’s beith talbot and Clydebank.   Clydebank have the biggest wage bill.  Biggest squad numbers as well.  

You're talking absolute nonsense on all of the areas highlighted..

You have no idea what Clydebank contribute to Holm Park or what wages we pay. Just because you keep saying it, doesn't make any of it true.

24 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

You're talking absolute nonsense on all of the areas highlighted..

You have no idea what Clydebank contribute to Holm Park or what wages we pay. Just because you keep saying it, doesn't make any of it true.

Clydebank live rent-free in his head. No wonder he thinks it applies to real world expenses 😂

6 hours ago, not man of the match said:

Nobody knows exactly what anyone's exact wage budget is at this level. I  cannot understand the fascination with having a lower budget than other clubs around you. Who cares, as long as your own team live within their means what does it matter what there wage budget is?

Lots of whatabboutry on here regarding it.

19 hours ago, Vanderbilt said:

I missed that red flag, of course it’s rhubarb, why didn’t I see that. 🙄 

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Just convince yourself it's a local derby to look forward to.

Make the best of it ....

Local derby with a capacity of about 150.