WoSFL Premier Division thread

Kind of trying to avoid posting on here too much after football was  put into perspective recently at my club and the Clydebank fans were very good in recognising things with the young lad,but what I'm reading above is utter nonsense and can't help but think they're either letting themselves down or maybe showing their true colours , grow up lads it's only a game, horrific patter at best and the 6 finger patter is dreadful.  

1 minute ago, Thejackdaw said:

Kind of trying to avoid posting on here too much after football was  put into perspective recently at my club and the Clydebank fans were very good in recognising things with the young lad,but what I'm reading above is utter nonsense and can't help but think they're either letting themselves down or maybe showing their true colours , grow up lads it's only a game, horrific patter at best and the 6 finger patter is dreadful.  

But Wankies is so grown up 😂

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

No, but that was directed at your club, yours was at the whole of Ayrshire.

Same crap from all the silly old duffers in Ayrshire that have never seen real league football.

Stuck in the 60s and only interested in their own wee insular world of Ayrshire Joonyur football,which is and always has been utter garbage in the grand scheme of things.

No ambition to play at a higher level and test themselves against better opposition,quite happy playing the same old teams year in year out and winning tinpot trophies that 99% of football fans in the country have never heard of.

3 minutes ago, Eadie is God said:

Same crap from all the silly old duffers in Ayrshire that have never seen real league football.

Stuck in the 60s and only interested in their own wee insular world of Ayrshire Joonyur football,which is and always has been utter garbage in the grand scheme of things.

No ambition to play at a higher level and test themselves against better opposition,quite happy playing the same old teams year in year out and winning tinpot trophies that 99% of football fans in the country have never heard of.

Feeling better for that?

8 hours ago, Eadie is God said:

New Cumnock has a population of 3000, Auchinleck 4000, Darvel 4000, Beith 7500 (rounded up figures) what level do you realistically think these teams can aspire to? Fair enough I appreciate they've all schooled Clydebank over their short history but they are not deluded enough to think that they can go and make their mark further up the leagues.

NB You are streaks ahead in winning the meltdown of the season trophy to add to your collection.

9 hours ago, Eadie is God said:

Surely must have slept better after getting all that off yer chest last night 😴

31 minutes ago, tell_me_more said:

New Cumnock has a population of 3000, Auchinleck 4000, Darvel 4000, Beith 7500 (rounded up figures) what level do you realistically think these teams can aspire to? Fair enough I appreciate they've all schooled Clydebank over their short history but they are not deluded enough to think that they can go and make their mark further up the leagues.

NB You are streaks ahead in winning the meltdown of the season trophy to add to your collection.

Brechin population 7500 made it to the Championship. Annan 8500 doing well in SPFL. Look others may want to come on here and have a go at each other ... its a Banter forum I get that. We all have different outlooks and ambitions though. I personally think that clubs like Talbot and Pollok have the infrastructure to do well at tiers 3 or 4 esp with additional income at those levels. We're trying to improve things. There's zero reason why every single one of the West Premier clubs couldn't do well at tier 5. We're at a period of transition where the Junior ethos - if you like - is still strong with many clubs. That's partly because for most, nothing that much has changed. It will as things start to move, promotions, relegations, licences etc. Clubs ambitions may also change. Hard to see what Gartcairn, St Cadocs, Drumchapel, Johnstone Burgh etc are at moment - but things will develop. 

We've finished 4th in each season of West Premier that was played to a finish. I think we're starting to show a progression- with a win against Beith at Bellsdale away from finishing neck and neck with them. Not getting schooled too much at moment but still plenty of time 

10 hours ago, Eadie is God said:

Wow, what a rant! 😂

Junior football/non-league, whatever you want to call it is far from ‘utter garbage’ in the grand scheme of things. 

Actually the SPFL Premier (the top of league football in this country) is ‘utter garbage’ in the grand scheme of things. 

No one outside of two clubs is EVER gonna or expected to win the league. The competition from the rest is laughable. 

Now compare that to the ‘lowly’ WoSFL. Competitive football, excitement, no absolute dominance despite some teams trying to buy it.

As for tinpot trophies. What a ridiculous statement. Trophies are aligned to each level. Hardly makes them tinpot. 

1 minute ago, leaguereformer said:

Point being missed is that tier 5 is viewed and rightfully imo as being below west prem, the system is flawed. Just look at the teams in the LL does that excite you?

West Premier is a great league ... however if you have something about you, you want to progress. Tier 5 is progression ( albeit not in competitiveness at moment i agree ). The alternative is going back to the closed shop. Think we've established that some would prefer that but probably not majority. The option is there for anyone to start up a Junior league again. They already have a governing body and other teams in the system. If not then yes ... clubs should should look to progress through the system that's there. I know not everyone agrees but it would be boring if we all did

3 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Brechin population 7500 made it to the Championship. Annan 8500 doing well in SPFL. Look others may want to come on here and have a go at each other ... its a Banter forum I get that.

What about Dingwall? Population 5,360, and sustaining a long-term fixture in the top tier.

22 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Point being missed is that tier 5 is viewed and rightfully imo as being below west prem, the system is flawed. Just look at the teams in the LL does that excite you?

This is a 10 year old argument that wanted a Lowland Superleague sitting alongside the Lowland. 

Neither one is superior. Take the 32 proper clubs and plenty of teams from both leagues would get squeezed out. 

Its also the case that as time goes by only one is going to get stronger. 

Keep standing still though. It's worked a treat for West of Scotland area clubs so far 😜

As rants go the Eadie lad has just had a meltdown mis-calling an association who took them in and let them flourish, and Tin pot cups they celebrated when they won them while just under 5000 of them turned up for the top tin pot cup final. I really hope they get a chance to live their dream, before they cart our friend away.

8 minutes ago, beaver watch said:

As rants go the Eadie lad has just had a meltdown mis-calling an association who took them in and let them flourish, and Tin pot cups they celebrated when they won them while just under 5000 of them turned up for the top tin pot cup final. I really hope they get a chance to live their dream, before they cart our friend away.

Let’s not kid on that the West Region as it was were doing US a favour.

Utter nonsense given the history and crowd potential which most clubs have benefitted from over the years.

Edited by Eadie is God

What history? Formed in 2003... 

Some support for a start up new club then!

You’re just sick because we’re top of the league and will be gutted if we go up 

Although you are polluting the LL forum just in case we do go up.You can’t live without the Bankies living rent free in your head.

13 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

What history? Formed in 2003... 

Getting back to your original Lowland league nonsense. You haven't mentioned your prior posts on Lowland League forum on how you think the Bronze standard should be higher and further back that in order to get into the Lowland league teams should have not just be licenced but a bronze licence.

You just seem to be someone advocating going back to having a Juniors type ceiling any way you can.

Not to mention removing any team who rent from a council, ground share or play on astro from Scottish football completely

So you are saying you have history before you were formed in 2003? Wow that is impressive. Your club chair has stated on video interviews that Clydebank are a phoenix club born out of the memory of the old Clydebank. 

have routinely commented on LL. If Bankies go up or not it doesn't bother me in the slightest, you will end up there like hypocrites after slating Beith for not being eligible for promotion. If Bankies were to be in LL and win it they are not eligible for promotion. 

If a Glasgow club who were liquidated can claim 55 titles then I think we’re fine.