WoSFL Premier Division thread

6 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Im not one to knock any club as to run a club is a hugely time consuming and selfless task - esp one that hasnt a fanbase or a history to speak of. BSC / Broomhill took a punt and its not really paid off. Their immediate future may come down to results against Shire and Gala. At least the original idea lives on in the form of BSC Glasgow that is struggling itself in Division 3. Whilst there's life and you can find your level through then theres certainly a point to it. 

1 hour ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

I’d be reluctant to critique a team in that way (though there are examples of such - Gretna and more down to one well meaning if misguided person.)  I just don’t feel it was easy for them without the Broomhill connection, or being likely to ever be based there.

The Open Goal/Si Ferry connection makes them very difficult to like.

Just now, jimbaxters said:

The Open Goal/Si Ferry connection makes them very difficult to like.

I get that. Probably saw it as an attractive and maybe only option at the time. I prefer to focus on wanting my own club to do well though than want someone else to fall flat on their face - unless that club by its actions directly impacts the survival of another ( which is why I dont blame Shire fans for still being sore at Steedmans 60 years on ). 

14 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Just noted that Caley Braves are currently top of the league. I suppose when you bring in close to a £m from touting part ownership then you'll have the funds to spend. They appear to have an Entry level licence though so unless they are going through that and get some kind of derogation, they they wouldn't be able to go into the play off. 

I've joked about this but I do kind of believe it. They'll do the bare minimum to cover Bronze at their cage. Then if they were ever to win promotion try to get into Broadwood. The cage kept in use for the development teams.

3 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

The ultimate?

Manchester City, Chelsea, maybe. But not Broomhill.

They were well established, well supported clubs with an illustrious history. My vote would be Gretna. One man bankroll at a ridiculously high level. He even subsidised locals to go to Hampden for cup final 

5 minutes ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

A remarkable score which could have been even more.

Can't quite remember the last time Talbot won at Largs. An absolute bogey venue for us. Can't say I find today's score remarkable because of that. Obviously well done to Largs, etc. 

Edited by ATFC

1 minute ago, ATFC said:

Can't quite remember the last time Talbot won at Largs. An absolute bogey venue for us. Can't say I find today's sore remarkable because of that. Obviously well done to Largs, etc. 

First half was a shambles.

13 hours ago, Josuke Higashikata said:

As much remarkable for the fact it could have been more.

On a good day I would say at least another four, Sewell 2, Davidson and Stracey. However Wardrope 2 and McAvoy were poor misses. So 7-4 would have been some score. Talbot were a shambles in the first half, couldn't cope with the wind, kept lumping high balls into the elements, add to it had a man sent off 3-0 down and 35 minutes to go, took to 74 minutes to introduce a sub, have two off our most talented players not even on the pitch. It's not remarkable beating us mate.

25 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Scottish football fixtures and the WoS website have different fixtures for St Cadocs next week, which, if any is right?

Can't be SFF as Cumnock are in the Scottish Cup.

Perhaps the clue is in the name, but if East Stirlingshire were to fall through the Lowland League trapdoor would they go to the EOS League?  And if that happened and a West team was to win the play off and be promoted, would that result in 4 teams being promoted from each of the leagues below in the WOSFL?