WoSFL Premier Division thread

11 hours ago, 93glens17 said:

Would agree the 4 teams you mentioned plus the Glens will be in the dogfight to stay up, no sure if any other teams could get dragged in, maybe Cumnock??? 

Was impressed with largs yesterday, good team that looked fit and well organised. Think they might give the Wankies a challenge for the title 

Indeed-Largs really do look like the team at the moment with the power at least to mount a challenge to Clydebank.They have been getting stronger every season over the past few years and if they can win the crunch games especially against Clydebank and not drop points unexpectedly then they will be right up there.

10 hours ago, holmparkheroes said:

You make a decent post then spoil it with a juvenile spelling which even if it had been funny the first time it certainly diminishes with constant repetition. Can we all just talk fitba? ( that includes certain Clydebank supporters)

Well indeed. Given our wee bit of the forum seems to have a classroom monitor it does seem a bit odd what he thinks is acceptable and what isnt

27 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

Indeed-Largs really do look like the team at the moment with the power at least to mount a challenge to Clydebank.They have been getting stronger every season over the past few years and if they can win the crunch games especially against Clydebank and not drop points unexpectedly then they will be right up there.

Whether they can keep it up is the question ( also for us ). Although Largs' 13 4 2 record from last 19 league games is impressive 

13 hours ago, holmparkheroes said:

You make a decent post then spoil it with a juvenile spelling which even if it had been funny the first time it certainly diminishes with constant repetition. Can we all just talk fitba? ( that includes certain Clydebank supporters)

Christ , yer a sensitive bunch up that way these days .

Next thing you know you’ll be marrying yer close relatives and growing extra fingers on yer hands up in the Yoker area 

20 hours ago, energyzone said:

Hurlford just don't have the resources to compete at Premier League level as it is at the moment.  From speaking to a committee member recently the drop in match day income from visiting fans compared to a few years ago is stark.  Some of the clubs are bringing literally nobody. And they are no longer been financed in the way they were a decade ago. 

That's what happens when boys clubs are admitted to the leagues...and start chucking money about

19 hours ago, energyzone said:

Hurlford just don't have the resources to compete at Premier League level as it is at the moment.  From speaking to a committee member recently the drop in match day income from visiting fans compared to a few years ago is stark.  Some of the clubs are bringing literally nobody. And they are no longer been financed in the way they were a decade ago. 

Going down might not be the worst for them, especially if Darvel go with them.  I can't see any of the Ayrshire clubs being promoted from the First Division so there would be at least some familiar visitors at least, and hardly anyone at First Division level has any money anyway so it should be a lot more competitive.  But I hope they stay up regardless. 

As regards the lack of visiting fans i am in no rush to go back after watching their time wasting and play acting the last time we played them at the end of last season. Someone i know went along as a neutral to watch them play Talbot 4 days later and it was the same. Do not think he will  waste his time or money to do that again. 

On 29/09/2024 at 20:34, energyzone said:

Going down might not be the worst for them, especially if Darvel go with them.  I can't see any of the Ayrshire clubs being promoted from the First Division so there would be at least some familiar visitors at least, and hardly anyone at First Division level has any money anyway so it should be a lot more competitive.  But I hope they stay up regardless. 

Few ford fans on here seemed to think with tarmac money they'd be sorted for the future. 🫣😂

On 29/09/2024 at 21:56, superpollok said:

I am sure a lot of clubs would like to see the Meadows, Kilwinning, Arthurlie, Kilbirnies in the prem compared to some of the clubs who have came up in the last 3 seasons. These clubs you would expect 50-100 away fans to lots of games. Some clubs at the minute it’s more like 5-10

That's the pyramid m8. Nobody can blame these clubs as they only want to get to the highest they can. 

On 16/09/2024 at 09:49, BANKIEBILL said:

This is a red flag. The recruitment process is seriously flawed and any decent manager must look at it and have serious reservations. The committee also need to look at themselves with that kind of turnover. We've had 3 managers in 21 years - you need to give people time and backing ( not just financial)  to build their team ... an average of 6 months is not enough. 

Aye Bill but the middle manager was a bad choice. Guy was a complete and utter ham shanker. 

Mon the papers

53 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Aye Bill but the middle manager was a bad choice. Guy was a complete and utter ham shanker. 

Mon the papers

Kieran was wrong choice but at least he was given a chance. A promotion and a Cup were a return on that. We have our man now but he's not yet won a thing. Still worth our patience and support

On 29/09/2024 at 12:08, BANKIEBILL said:

Don't see a problem with wanting multiple teams to win - esp where there's no crossover. We encourage Ranger and Celtic fans to come to Holm Park and watch their local team. Often they end up being a Bankies fan only. That's what happened with me when I was a wean. 

Exactly. My auld man offered me an Ibrox season over the years. Shouldn't have took me to loch park first lol 

Largs are rightly getting appreciation for their start but Troon have matched them point for point so well done to them too. 

Bit of a hangover season for Beith looming going by the early signs.