WoSFL Premier Division thread

Just now, southerner said:

Boy looks a good player and someone we have been calling out for. Still in two cups so would need to add at least another  player or two even with the depth we have to stay fresh

We've got a squad of 20 so cant see it.

9 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Talbot are on fire and I can see them really making a great fist of the league,  the proverbial winners and they are the ones that everyone tries to emulate season after season......

I agree but just think when the midweek games and the cup semi finals kick in it will be a struggle. All about points on the board at this stage.

18 minutes ago, southerner said:

I agree but just think when the midweek games and the cup semi finals kick in it will be a struggle. All about points on the board at this stage.

If Talbot are serious about progressing, they need to concentrate on the league and forgo the cups.

I’d like to see them do that, but otherwise they will be seen as still having the Joonyur mentality.

8 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

If Talbot are serious about progressing, they need to concentrate on the league and forgo the cups.

I’d like to see them do that, but otherwise they will be seen as still having the Joonyur mentality.

I'll take the cups and forgo the league 🙂

22 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

I’ll go for winning both 😀

20 minutes ago, southerner said:

I’ll go for winning both 😀

If Talbot finish top 4 and win a cup or two it would be a brilliant season considering where they were in September.

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

No idea where our performance came from today as that is the best we have played all season. 3-0 flattered St Cadocs tbh. Haven't seen 2 better goals than our 2nd and 3rd goals this season at this level.

Will need to see them as the free kick you scored last week wasn't bad either.

1 minute ago, Dean Learner said:

Will need to see them as the free kick you scored last week wasn't bad either.

Best way I can describe it was the Connor Bradley our left back won the ball deep in our half, beat 3 or 4 players (2 who tried to foul him) before smashing the ball from about 30 yards in off the bar. Even the St Cadocs twitter decribed it as a worldy

2 hours ago, Stag Nation said:

Neither one really works in reality, as you can never take anything for granted.

Earlier in the season before cups become a real issue. They were getting knocked out by St Andrews in the Scottish Cup, contemplating the possibility of a relegation battle and moving on from their most successful manager.

Here they are months later still with a realisitic shot at the title, Semis of the Junior Cup and into the Quarters of the WoSFL Cup.

The Talbot mentality seems simple "try and win the game that's in front of them."

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Whoever wins the league let's hope they have a licence.

If it is beith that win the league again which is possible, even if they had the infrastructure in place to get liscensed, as far as I'm aware the SFA haven't reopened the application process.