WoSFL Premier Division thread

56 minutes ago, dagane said:

Good luck glens ,I won't be anywhere near fkn darvel ,instead I'm getting a jaunt to Johnstone (goody)

Treat yourself to a steak pie...be quick though as they sell oot!

1 hour ago, GLENAFTON_LOYAL said:

I usually get the last steak pie, unconfirmed reports that I often also am the first in the que 🤪😂😂😂😎

I shall be visiting New Cumnock on Saturday...what bakery item do you recommend?

19 hours ago, TediousTom said:

I shall be visiting New Cumnock on Saturday...what bakery item do you recommend?

Bakery will be closed by the time yous arrive. Steak pies at the ground are decent though

With it being a nice sunny evening, I treated the wife to a wee night out at Shotts for their game with Clydebank!

Speaking to a few Shotts fans before the game and optimism was certainly low! Concerns about the keeper, the strength of squad and expectations of a heavy defeat and a long hard season!

The game started and it seemed to take Clydebank a wee while to settle and Shotts had more of the ball... without being too effective with it. The long, high diagonal ball seemingly being a preferred tactic. Clydebank scored the opener, slightly against run of play at the time, was good play and nice little finish from close range, but defending that made it just a bit too easy. 

It looked a bit like a case of how many as Clydebank took over the match, but Shotts defenders, rather than defend well to keep the Bankies out just kinda got in the way! Essentially... it's effective defending I guess... 2nd goal game after an hour. Decent shot parried by keeper right back into play and alert Bankies striker reacted far quicker than any Shotts player and flicked the ball in.

Soon after, Shotts got back into it with a goal almost from nothing, decent strike finding bottom corner. Shotts twice in last 5 minutes could have equalised, but one effort was so bad, I wasn't sure if a shot or cross... either way it was mistimed and out. 2nd was just a wild swing in middle of box high and wide.

Bankies hung on for deserved win. Shotts faired slightly better than their support expected, but can see where they have issues! Boy with a long throw could be a decent asset for them, though. Clydebank have a fair bit of pace going forward and once they start to click will be strong.

Not the best match, but a few crunchy challenges, a lot of niggly fouls and a ref that wasn't the most consistent! But it stayed dry and the wife enjoyed her bridie!

33 minutes ago, Shanner said:

It's virtually in the bag for Clydebank. Good luck in the playoffs!

Poor start for St Cadocs, JB is playing into the hands of big spending Clydebank.  

Id have Clydebank as favourites now.  

I do think any team can take points off any team in the league.  

2 minutes ago, leaguereformer said:

Poor start for St Cadocs, JB is playing into the hands of big spending Clydebank.  

Id have Clydebank as favourites now.  

I do think any team can take points off any team in the league.  

St Cadocs can get their quest for second place back on the rails when they take on Gartcairn in the "you could fit the crowd in a phone box Derby".