WoSFL Premier Division thread

1 hour ago, Fredeye said:

Can someone explain or provide a link to the details surrounding promotion and relegation to and from the lowland league?

The links on SLFL website are broken.

Thanks in advance.

The winners of the WoSFL, EoSFL and SoSFL all go into a round robin play-off (providing they have an approved Scottish FA licence). The winner of the play-off tournament is promoted to the Lowland League.

The team at the bottom of the Lowland League is automatically relegated to either the WoSFL, EoSFL or SoSFL depending on their geography.

If a team is relegated into the Lowland League from the SPFL League Two, and no team is promoted from the Lowland League to the SPFL League Two (because the Highland League champions win the play-off), then the Lowland League would require to relegate two teams, both going to their suitable tier 6 league in terms of their geography.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

...The team at the bottom of the Lowland League is automatically relegated to either the WoSFL, EoSFL or SoSFL depending on their geography...

The bit you left out is that the team at the bottom of the LL do not get relegated if the LL champion is promoted and Club 42 from the SPFL is relegated to the HL rather than the LL. Really should be the reverse scenario of your last paragraph with two clubs from the playoff being promoted but that's not how the rules were drafted.

41 minutes ago, energyzone said:

How is it decided who plays at home in the play off tournament?

And is each game played to a conclusion on the day, i.e. extra time and penalties if necessary?

You didn't read it did you?

In Part C) it says the criteria to decide who goes through if points are the same. Unless I'm getting it wrong, if goal difference is the same, then goals scored are the same, head to head is the same, how can goals scored away from home be different?

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

You didn't read it did you?

In Part C) it says the criteria to decide who goes through if points are the same. Unless I'm getting it wrong, if goal difference is the same, then goals scored are the same, head to head is the same, how can goals scored away from home be different?

WoS v EoS           1-1          WoS win on pens

EoS v SoS             0-0          EoS win on pens

SoS v WoS           0-0          SoS win on pens

Pld          F              A             Pts

EoS         2              1              1              3

WoS       2              1              1              3

SoS         2              0              0            3

All teams gained two points from two draws, plus an extra point for winning a penalty shootout.

All teams have goal difference of 0

WoS and EoS both have goals scored = 1

EoS scored 1 away from home, WoS scored 0 away from home

EoS win.

It’s an unlikely scenario, but they are trying to cover all eventualities.

2 hours ago, gwd440 said:

WoS v EoS           1-1          WoS win on pens

EoS v SoS             0-0          EoS win on pens

SoS v WoS           0-0          SoS win on pens

Pld          F              A             Pts

EoS         2              1              1              3

WoS       2              1              1              3

SoS         2              0              0            3

All teams gained two points from two draws, plus an extra point for winning a penalty shootout.

All teams have goal difference of 0

WoS and EoS both have goals scored = 1

EoS scored 1 away from home, WoS scored 0 away from home

EoS win.

It’s an unlikely scenario, but they are trying to cover all eventualities.

...is the correct answer. Thanks pal.

16 minutes ago, Fredeye said:

Thank you all for your responses.

Do you know which teams from the top of EoS and SoS don’t have the required license?

I am right in saying only Pollok of the front runners would not qualify for the play offs?

Pollok are very much in the process of pushing for their licence. I'm not sure where they are with their floodlights or how much flexibility they will be given in that respect, but I certainly wouldn't rule them out at this stage.

8 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Pollok are very much in the process of pushing for their licence. I'm not sure where they are with their floodlights or how much flexibility they will be given in that respect, but I certainly wouldn't rule them out at this stage.

So do you think whoever finishes top of the WoS will be allowed a crack at the play offs?

35 minutes ago, Fredeye said:

Thank you all for your responses.

Do you know which teams from the top of EoS and SoS don’t have the required license?

I am right in saying only Pollok of the front runners would not qualify for the play offs?

EOS only has two clubs without a licence, they are 23 points behind the leader so neither are winning the league.

SOS has two clubs in contention without a licence, one is 5 points behind with 6 to play and the other is 9 behind with 9 to play. None of the SOS teams are likely to beat the EOS or WOS champions anyway.

Going by previous seasons, unless the deadline is extended Pollok have until the end of next month to have everything ready for the licensing committee.

Obviously us at the bottom end hope the WOS champs go up and nobody comes down
At the moment I would say that's the most likely scenario. Looking at the Lowland League table, it seems unlikely that any team will be relegated to the WoSFL this season. It would take a big upturn in form by both Vale of Leithen and Gretna, and a collapse by Cumbernauld Colts.

27 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Obviously us at the bottom end hope the WOS champs go up and nobody comes down

I don't think anyone will be coming down to WoSL but a Talbot winning League then play-off would be preferable to Pollok winning League (assuming Pollok don't get licence in time).