WoSFL Premier Division thread

14 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I believe he is under contract for another year. 

What would your club do in similar circumstances? 

Darvel have offered £7k, Buffs want £12k, they will probably settle on £9/£10k and everyone moves on.

I believe he is under contract for another year. 
What would your club do in similar circumstances? 

Cash in when we could probably… I don’t know.

I don’t see the point holding onto a player that doesn’t want to be there

43 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

Darvel have offered £7k, Buffs want £12k, they will probably settle on £9/£10k and everyone moves on.

Possibly. A ridiculous amount of money at this level of football. Good to see that Darvel have a sustainable business model 👍

1 minute ago, .Stuart. said:

Cash in when we could probably… I don’t know.

I don’t see the point holding onto a player that doesn’t want to be there

It's a fair point. In this instance, the Buffs hold all the aces. The player has no future at the club, but is under contract for another season. After being tapped up, he has asked to be placed on the transfer list. Be good if a short term solution can be found, we shall see. Bottom line is, nothing was happening here until Darvel unsettled the player. They can do this to any player at any club at this level. If this becomes the norm, I'd think that would be something all clubs would want to stamp out. Do it the right way, no problem, but not this way. 

9 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Possibly. A ridiculous amount of money at this level of football. Good to see that Darvel have a sustainable business model 👍

I agree with you on that, the problem is that everyone knows Darvel have the backing so any player’s value automatically goes up.

It's a fair point. In this instance, the Buffs hold all the aces. The player has no future at the club, but is under contract for another season. After being tapped up, he has asked to be placed on the transfer list. Be good if a short term solution can be found, we shall see. Bottom line is, nothing was happening here until Darvel unsettled the player. They can do this to any player at any club at this level. If this becomes the norm, I'd think that would be something all clubs would want to stamp out. Do it the right way, no problem, but not this way. 

Fully agree and it harks back to the way Meadows previous committee went on 10/15 years ago. Not the right way to go about things.

8 minutes ago, .Stuart. said:

Fully agree and it harks back to the way Meadows previous committee went on 10/15 years ago. Not the right way to go about things.

Completely agree. Buffs possibly did it when McLuckie chucked money at us 25 years ago, although maybe not as we had very limited player turnover at that time. 

48 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Pollok been tapping up players for years. 

Mon the papers 

every club whether it be darvel , kilwinning , clydebank or pollok will have been in touch with players for next season already , thats just the way it is in football and will always be the case , only team that dont seem to bring in new players are the most successful team in the area which is a strange one but maybe that is down to them having a model which they wont break which is to be admired , another thing about this transfer no way would i be paying 7k for syme let alone 12k , no doubt hes a really good player but hes a centre half no someone who will score 40 a season , and when i last looked at darvels squad they have 5 who are all really good players who can play that position so it doesnt make a lot of sense to me 

15 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Lewis Lovering of Benburb is being linked in the Evening Times to some teams in the Championship, including my own. What type of player is he and could he realistically make the step up from WOS to the Championship? 

I am sure he played left Mid / Left wing v Pollok a few weeks ago. Did ok, don’t recall anything special from him in that game. 
Seemed strange seeing a Lovering playing and not in at Centre Half, kicking people!. 

17 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

every club whether it be darvel , kilwinning , clydebank or pollok will have been in touch with players for next season already , thats just the way it is in football and will always be the case , only team that dont seem to bring in new players are the most successful team in the area which is a strange one but maybe that is down to them having a model which they wont break which is to be admired , another thing about this transfer no way would i be paying 7k for syme let alone 12k , no doubt hes a really good player but hes a centre half no someone who will score 40 a season , and when i last looked at darvels squad they have 5 who are all really good players who can play that position so it doesnt make a lot of sense to me 

Important words "for next season". 

Agree with you to a certain extent here and I dont really bother what other clubs do but I don't like the unsettling players before the end of the season but I suppose the player should commit to buffs till end of season then sign for another club after that

9 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
1 hour ago, Darvel legend said:

Agree with you to a certain extent here and I dont really bother what other clubs do but I don't like the unsettling players before the end of the season but I suppose the player should commit to buffs till end of season then sign for another club after that

Fair comment. Darvel could also respected that the Buffs stated the player was not for sale and left it at that. He's in contract for another season I believe, but sensible for all parties to get together at the end of the season to agree a deal if the player wanted to leave and Darvel met Buffs evaluation. There's ways of doing things, acting professionally with integrity. We all know tapping goes on and hard to stop it, but unsettling players is another thing altogether. 

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

And that’s why Talbot miss out on so many players. Our recruitment hasn’t been good enough the past 2 seasons 

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Syme is under contract with Kilwinning til 2023 im sure. So Darvel are making a mockery with contracts by having "private" chats with in contract players. Yes if he was free in the summer its fair game but whats the point in a contract when it's not respected?