WoSFL Premier Division thread

18 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Obviously a blow for Pollok having lost to their two big rivals recently but surprised at the defeatist stance that some of their fans have taken here. Loads of football to be played yet over a short period of time so no way should the auld pit towel be flung in yet.

I’d say we are more realistic. The two recent loses are the toughest away games in the league. We beat Darvel at Newlandsfield so that’s evened out. I won’t go into the home Talbot game. 

Losing to Bonnyton and Cumnock is what’ll cost us. Maybe this was a year to early for this Pollok team. Still in with a shout but it’s a case for us to quietly pick up points and try and progress in both cups. Not out of it yet but we are currently third favourites.

On 26/02/2022 at 22:06, Pyramid Watcher said:

The guy (Paul I think) talking a power of sh1te about stopping teams coming depending on where they are based, such as Blantyre and Kilsyth, but it’s ok if you are in Glasgow because there are more players. 

Aye I really like Paul on the podcast but he's a mile out with this opinion consistently. I get what he's saying but think he's looking at it through too myopic a lense with his Newmains/Carluke hat on.

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Obviously a blow for Pollok having lost to their two big rivals recently but surprised at the defeatist stance that some of their fans have taken here. Loads of football to be played yet over a short period of time so no way should the auld pit towel be flung in yet.

I think we had really hoped to get one win from those two recent games but it wasn’t to be and our points gap really has been wiped out.However I agree there is a load of football yet to be played and we have got to regroup and crack on with that.

9 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

I think we had really hoped to get one win from those two recent games but it wasn’t to be and our points gap really has been wiped out.However I agree there is a load of football yet to be played and we have got to regroup and crack on with that.

No much consolation to u but pollok are the best team I’ve seen this season that darvel have played , after the first 15 minutes in the first game when we could have been 3 up you dominated the game and fully deserved the 3 points and on Saturday I think you just edged it over the piece on Saturday , having seen the highlights I don’t think Darvel’s first penalty was a penalty but the other two given were pens and if u had took ur chances the game would have been out of sight before Darren missed a great chance for darvel late on but as it was Darvel’s first game in 5 weeks a huge 3 points , still a big ask to overtake the Talbot but it’s only the amount of games that will stop it from happening as I think darvel are a better team than Talbot however they have the big support that keeps driving them on and gets them over the winning line when the chips are down 

5 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

No doubt we are now 3rd favorites now. However we can take positives from the weekend where we outplayed one of the best sides in the league for long periods.

IMO playing Darvel suits us more than Talbot. Darvel try and play a lot of football, and we have lots of energy in our side so pressure them well and Nick balls high up the park. Playing Talbot is very different as, they play a more direct game (not a dig) ball up to Wilson and play off him, so when you get the ball back you have 70 yards to Talbot goal. 

We have 9 games left, 6 at Newlandsfield. Therefore we can still potentially put a decent points tally together and see what happens. 

I am sure Talbot fans don’t need reminders that a few years ago two game to play one win needed and you picked up 1 point. 
10 years or so a we needed a win v a Still drunk Talbot team (after winning the Scottish) to win the league and we know what happened. So agree lots can happen still. 

22 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

No much consolation to u but pollok are the best team I’ve seen this season that darvel have played , after the first 15 minutes in the first game when we could have been 3 up you dominated the game and fully deserved the 3 points and on Saturday I think you just edged it over the piece on Saturday , having seen the highlights I don’t think Darvel’s first penalty was a penalty but the other two given were pens and if u had took ur chances the game would have been out of sight before Darren missed a great chance for darvel late on but as it was Darvel’s first game in 5 weeks a huge 3 points , still a big ask to overtake the Talbot but it’s only the amount of games that will stop it from happening as I think darvel are a better team than Talbot however they have the big support that keeps driving them on and gets them over the winning line when the chips are down 

Darvel are a good footballing side, probably the best we have faced and would expect them to win most games, however agree the backlog of fixtures may catch up. But that could also happen to Talbot too. 

You couldn't accuse Darvel of having a big support [emoji846]

Glenafton Athletic are looking for a new manager after Mick McCann resigned.
Didn't work out for Mick, who's a really good guy, wish him all the best for the future!
Some big players let him down badly imo so whoever comes in needs to try and get the best out of what is, on, paper a decent squad!

4 hours ago, Oscar Wilder said:

Didn't work out for Mick, who's a really good guy, wish him all the best for the future!
Some big players let him down badly imo so whoever comes in needs to try and get the best out of what is, on, paper a decent squad!

Deliberately?

32 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
45 minutes ago, glensmad said:
Ryan Stevenson, already announced.

Yous happy with that? Robert's number2

Good luck to them, except when they're playing against my club, the real Glens. 😉

On 28/02/2022 at 19:41, Darvel legend said:

Mick's teams always finish the season strongly it wouldn't suprise me if they go unbeaten for the rest of the league campaign. Talbot will need to post a very good total to finish above them.

58 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:
1 hour ago, glensmad said:
Ryan Stevenson, already announced.

Yous happy with that? Robert's number2

Aye I’m happy with the choice , time will tell if the glens have picked the right guys . 
it’s going to be a real scrap to keep us up but I’m sure the fans will get behind them