Czech Republic v Scotland

Just now, ArabFC said:

They do? 🤨

It’s a strange one, you wouldn’t say that with any certainty when looking at club football but much as I like Robertson as a player, he doesn’t play as well for Scotland and I think Tierney looked the better of the two against Israel.

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

It’s a strange one, you wouldn’t say that with any certainty when looking at club football but much as I like Robertson as a player, he doesn’t play as well for Scotland and I think Tierney looked the better of the two against Israel.

Tierney's the better player. I have been saying it for ages as you are all aware. If you were completely objective and had both of them at 100% fitness and could only pick one its Tierney.  He is the more complete player and will show it over the next couple of years. Defensively he clearly better, offensively about the same.

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

Sky just showed it as a 343

I'm gonna lose the fucking plot!

I think we sometimes get too worked up about formations as the basic thing is to get people in the box when you're attacking and don't leave yourself exposed at the back. On Friday we did neither very well. 

We had nobody in the box trying to support Dykes, everything was slow and back to goal stuff and all our possession was pretty pointless with no intent and no end product, however at the back we were totally exposed with balls over the top down our right as Forrest was like little boy lost in that position.

Just now, WATTOO said:

I think we sometimes get too worked up about formations as the basic thing is to get people in the box when you're attacking and don't leave yourself exposed at the back.

Oh FFS!

Formations are important, if you're shoehorning square pegs into round holes, which is what we're doing!

1 minute ago, ArabFC said:

Oh FFS!

Formations are important, if you're shoehorning square pegs into round holes, which is what we're doing!

You're missing my point, formations shown on sky rarely pan out in reality to what happens in a game.

12 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Sky just showed it as a 343

I'm gonna lose the fucking plot!

I reckon Sky will be wrong. You surely don’t drop Tierney so Robertson can go back to his usual position, just to play the same formation and push him forward again.

I think people are going a bit overboard with the “Clarke should be sacked if we lose” takes. That Czech side is still better than some of the utter shite to have gotten results against us over the years.

13 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

A wee test for everyone, just out of interest.

No cheating, can you name 11 Czech players?  Just ever.  I don't think so personally.

Jan Koller Combat 18 veteran

Pavel Nedved what a fucking player

Patrick Berger pretty boy

Karel Poborsky guid like

Patrick Schick surprisingly guid, classy

That keeper with the mad socks

The guy that chipped his penalty in 1976, don't know his name but did a great Panenka

struggling now

Repka, Ujfalusi, Grygera, Jankulovski - all played for the cream of Serie A in the 90s/00s...

Big Dino's understudy was Lokvenc a relative shortarse at 6'5".

And how could you forget the other one in the partnership of Kuka/Koller? They were the real thing.

And maybe that keeper with the mad helmet tae?