Czech Republic v Scotland

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Players like Armstrong,McGinn,McGregor,McTominay,Fleck,McLean are all forward thinking players Jack is just a water carrier,when Scotland lose the ball the transition to win it back isn't there.

Ryan Jack can tackle unlike any of the other players on that list. McGinn will put himself about but he commits more fouls than winning the ball.

3 hours ago, Aufc said:

I genuinely dont get the negativity over our players. Yes we are missing quality in some positions but, on paper, the squad is as strong as its been for a while.

My biggest issue is our lack of decent wingers. Ryan fraser is decent but his attitude is questionable. We have decent attacking mids so is the alternative to have as many of them on pitch as possible and use the full backs for width? Robertson likes to get forward but he never seems to do this for us. Surely if we have two sitting midfielders then one can drop back for him when he is up the field.

Have the likes of mcginn, armstrong and christie all playing narrow and playing off dykes (or a.n other) and using robertson and palmer/tiernay as the wingers.

Play Forrest on the right wing easy. I would put Christie on the left and tell him he has the freedom to go where ever he wants when we get the ball. Make their fullback choose whether to track him about the pitch or let him get on the ball. And if he does get tracked it would open up space for Robertson to move up the park.

4 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I mean have you stood next to someone like Rio Ferdinand?  He's a fucking monster, and he's yesterday's man, today's CB's are even more severe.  You don't want to f**k around with someone like Harry Maguire, and there isn't a footballer on the planet who's going to be bullying him.

Zlatan and Dzeko would both absolutely ragdoll Maguire. Lewandowski probably could too.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Not just players, pitches too. 

I remember seeing Celtic Park on the tv many times before going there for a game. Couldn't believe how small the pitch actually was compared to how it looked on tv.

Wait until you've been to Hampden.  That pitch is enormous (though the stands seem tiny).

I still remember meeting Steven McManus.  That man always seemed enormous on TV.  I know he stays in great shape as part of the Celtic management team (unlike so many other former pros), but I doubt he was 65kg soaking wet.  

Craig Beattie on the other hand, whilst still playing for Elgin...

Wait until you've been to Hampden.  That pitch is enormous (though the stands seem tiny).
I still remember meeting Steven McManus.  That man always seemed enormous on TV.  I know he stays in great shape as part of the Celtic management team (unlike so many other former pros), but I doubt he was 65kg soaking wet.  
Been hunners times m9. Barely seen a win mind.

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:
3 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Been hunners times m9. Barely seen a win mind.

I meant to say, wait until you've stood in the centre circle.  Makes Shotts and Vale of Leven look like Subbuteo.

7 hours ago, Rscot said:

For those that are doubting what I say, answer me this. Why are Iceland so successful?

They looked around Europe at what was successful in terms of player development and then created their own strategy and showed patience to stick with it for years, enduring pish results and players.

Their strategy included a massive increase in the number of coaches at top level, a massive increase in facilities (good ones) and a massive increase in participation across all youth groups.

They have a consistency of training across age groups and a large scouting network to ensure no young players are missed. They have loads of highly qualified and experienced coaches, meaning that even kids as young as 5 are coached by someone with a UEFA A or B license, and there are no volunteer coaches.

The various age group international teams all play the same formation and style and they don't try to accommodate players in unnatural positions. They have very high standards of work rate that no player can drop under or else they in turn will be dropped.

Anyway, the national team desperately need a psychiatrist. That might help in the short term.

In the long term we're absolutely fucked. We've made little to investment in facilities and coaching and there is no coherent plan. Project Brave is laughable garbage headed up by a moronic piece of shit who has no business being anywhere near it.

We'll continue to come up with new, crap models and will continue to flounder. More and more nations will overtake us.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Anyway, the national team desperately need a psychiatrist. That might help in the short term.

In the long term we're absolutely fucked. We've made little to investment in facilities and coaching and there is no coherent plan. Project Brave is laughable garbage headed up by a moronic piece of shit who has no business being anywhere near it.

We'll continue to come up with new, crap models and will continue to flounder. More and more nations will overtake us.

What's the standard of coaching and facilities in South America etc?

3 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Zlatan and Dzeko would both absolutely ragdoll Maguire. Lewandowski probably could too.

Yer arse they would.  Zlatan is scared of his own shadow and Dzeko isn't a hardman.  There are no strikers that would do that to him, that's why he's an international CB.  Lukaku is as close as you'd find, Lewandoski you're having a laugh he's not that type of player never does that to anybody.