Conspiracy Theories

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Francis Benali and Tommy Widdrington know that jet fuel doesn't melt steel beams

Tommy Widdrington won player of the year in my first season as Salisbury City boss in Football Manager 2007, and he remained a member of my coaching staff until twenty years later when we won the Champions League. Leave him out of it.

11 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Tommy Widdrington won player of the year in my first season as Salisbury City boss in Football Manager 2007, and he remained a member of my coaching staff until twenty years later when we won the Champions League. Leave him out of it.

I only picked him because he has a magnificent name. I would always have him in my team in the early days of fantasy football for that reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest is that apparently tomorrow will see proof of aliens after a US Congress hearing in to speculation (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jul/21/ufos-congress-alien-house-committee-whistleblower).

There's a lot of crazies frothing that tomorrow will be full of revelations and that the world will be changed forever, rather than the inevitable nothing that will come of it. 

Edited by DA Baracus

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Latest is that apparently tomorrow will see proof of aliens after a US Congress hearing in to speculation (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jul/21/ufos-congress-alien-house-committee-whistleblower).

There's a lot of crazies frothing that tomorrow will be full of revelations and that the world will be changed forever, rather than the inevitable nothing that will come of it. 

I hope there is aliens out there somewhere, think it would be cool if there was and we could learn about other planets/galaxies from them. 

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Been a lot of "aliens are real it's being revealed tomorrow" greentexts from 4chan going about a lot lately. Bit of a minter for an actual news outlet to pick up on it.

3 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I hope there is aliens out there somewhere, think it would be cool if there was and we could learn about other planets/galaxies from them. 

There almost certainly are, but they almost certainly have never been in contact with us and probably never will be. 

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Been a lot of "aliens are real it's being revealed tomorrow" greentexts from 4chan going about a lot lately. Bit of a minter for an actual news outlet to pick up on it.

From my brief reading of the Congress hearing tomorrow, it sounds like both a "fine, if we look in to it will you pipe the f**k down please?" and a bit of political showmanship/pandering.

2 hours ago, buchan30 said:

"Went on holiday to Vega 4. Never again. The bars were full of Vogons pissed on Pangalactic Gargle blasters.."

5 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Alien invasion or a second Trump term…which would be worse?

22 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

We should be on an instantaneous war footing with them because of the amount of anal assaults/cattle mutilations they've carried out down the years. They didn't even bother to ask permission first, so f**k em.

What do you mean "we"? 

After watching a lot of alien attack films they seem to be almost exclusively interested in the USA. 

We barely get a mention.

I think we will be perfectly fine.

5 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

What do you mean "we"? 

After watching a lot of alien attack films they seem to be almost exclusively interested in the USA. 

We barely get a mention.

You've clearly never been anally probed/mutilated by the fuckers.

3 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

What do you mean "we"? 

We barely get a mention.

I think you'll find we'll get invaded by black and white aliens made out of paper mache and carpet while they'll get attacked by smart CGI ones. 

8 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

"We are either alone in the universe or we are not, both are terrifying prospects", Arthur C Clarke.  Given the size of the universe and that parts of it are 100 million years  older than our galaxy, it's a serious stretch to believe that we are alone.  In the observable universe there are  an estimated 2 trillion galaxies.  who kens what's in the unobservable parts. Our galaxy alone has an estimated 100 billion stars.  So for me of course there are aliens. Whether they can or have been visiting us is a whole other question.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

"Went on holiday to Vega 4. Never again. The bars were full of Vogons pissed on Pangalactic Gargle blasters.."

No worse than Dunfermline on a Saturday night.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Alien invasion or a second Trump term…which would be worse?

If trump gets a second term, we will be begging for an alien invasion.