Conspiracy Theories

3 hours ago, throbber said:

I don’t know if the pyramids count as a conspiracy theory or just a proper mystery but I find the Great Pyramid of Giza to be particularly sensational to the point of believing that aliens building it is a reasonable hypotheses. To begin with there is the mystery of how they even got the stone to site and lifted into place in the first place, made with mortar that can’t be recreated today and built with mathematical principals that weren’t discovered officially until thousands of years later and built to scaled dimensions that mirror exact dimensions of the earth and the sun. It also was discovered in 1940 to be the only pyramid to have 8 sides rather than 4 as a slight concave that is only visible from above was spotted by a pilot flying over it, you can apparently only see this concave during sunrise and sunset on the autumn and spring equinoxes. It was also discovered in 1864 to be located on the geographical centre of the earth ie the exact point where the  north/south and east/west lines incorporating the largest land masses meet one another. Probably best illustrated by the below picture. More recent studies have shown that this exact position may be located somewhere in Turkey some 1800 km away but who ever did that calculation is probably a c**t.

8037280B-384E-41EE-87DF-BFA909DDAD6A.jpeg

The Egyptians started with cuboids  before adding additional storeys with indents ( presumably because non terraced ones just collapsed)  which led to stepped pyramids. There was a bit of trial and error while they figured out how steep the sides could be.  There is archaeological evidence for a clear evolutionary progression. At which point did the aliens join in?

what do you mean about the pyramids being scaled to the exact dimensions of the earth and the sun? That sounds a bit iffy.

Just eyeballing those lines you could have them crossing every landmass if they were centred on any point in an area with corners in the balkans, Chad, Ethiopia and Iraq. 

I assume you’re not serious.

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The Egyptians started with cuboids  before adding additional storeys with indents ( presumably because non terraced ones just collapsed)  which led to stepped pyramids. There was a bit of trial and error while they figured out how steep the sides could be.  There is archaeological evidence for a clear evolutionary progression. At which point did the aliens join in?

what do you mean about the pyramids being scaled to the exact dimensions of the earth and the sun? That sounds a bit iffy.

Just eyeballing those lines you could have them crossing every landmass if they were centred on any point in an area with corners in the balkans, Chad, Ethiopia and Iraq. 

I assume you’re not serious.

It’s good that you can eyeball these lines when you have the technology to do so in 2020, how did they manage to plonk it right in the middle of the earths land mass back in 2500 bc.

It’s built in accordance with the worlds northern hemisphere to a scale of 1/43200. The perimeter of the corner sockets equals 1/43200 of the earths equatorial circumference and the height including the base is 1/42300 th that of the earths polar radius. 

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Why would aliens build the pyramids then just f**k off, leaving zero trace behind and leaving zero verbal history behind?

Maybe aliens were really massive creatures.  They came to Earth for a family picnic and left their child to play in the sand.

Later when it was time to leave they said "Very good Junior but it is time to go."

Just a thought.

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s good that you can eyeball these lines when you have the technology to do so in 2020, how did they manage to plonk it right in the middle of the earths land mass back in 2500 bc.

It’s built in accordance with the worlds northern hemisphere to a scale of 1/43200. The perimeter of the corner sockets equals 1/43200 of the earths equatorial circumference and the height including the base is 1/42300 th that of the earths polar radius. 

It’s not “right in the middle of the Earth’s land mass” though. Unless that means something different to what you already described it as.

More spurious shape related fun here:

https://www.ancient-origins.net/ancient-places-africa-opinion-guest-authors/mathematical-encoding-great-pyramid-002323

That site’s great. It’s got the Nephilim and all sort.

I remember a tweet from years ago (I think about Ancient Aliens) that went along the lines of: "Man, white people are so determined to give zero credit to black people for anything that they'll just say that alien built the pyramids"

There's a load of assertions that people make about the pyramids that are just wrong but it's a massive arseache to check. I think it was von Danniken who had the theory that the three pyramids at Giza exactly matched the layout of the stars of orions belt and that a shaft pointed straight at sirius. Therefore Aliens. 

Except they don't. The relative distances don't match and the angle of the crooked line is wrong. The shaft does point somewhere near sirius but didn't when it was built. There are three things almost in a line though, fair play for getting that bit right. 

Even if it was all true it wouldn't have been even evidence of alien involvement never mind proof. 

Still he's sold a lot of books and is gainfully employed by the telly and conferences etc. and it's all relatively harmless and a bit of a laugh. 

When I said about the aliens I was joking to an extent because the entire thing is such a headfuck when you consider how long ago they were built. A lost civilisation is perhaps a more logical suggestion but to just say that people were much cleverer back then and used their brains more still doesn’t quite explain it.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

When I said about the aliens I was joking to an extent because the entire thing is such a headfuck when you consider how long ago they were built. A lost civilisation is perhaps a more logical suggestion but to just say that people were much cleverer back then and used their brains more still doesn’t quite explain it.

Maybe every major civilisation just has a different vision of the monuments they want to build of their own decadence. So the Egyptians decide to build big f**k off impressive tombs and we make Marvel movies.

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

It's a big pile of stones. It's an engineering challenge to move them but they had money and people and little else to do with them. 

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It's a big pile of stones. It's an engineering challenge to move them but they had money and people and little else to do with them. 

Exactly, a healthy contempt for the mortality of hundreds of thousands of slaves helped them build the impossible.

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Exactly, a healthy contempt for the mortality of hundreds of thousands of slaves helped them build the impossible.

Not slaves apparently, just people with not much to do outside the farming season and getting as much beer and food as they wanted.