Sportscene watch

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

Collum (fourth official) gave the decision.

Bit farcical but i think it was deserved. Plenty of Saints fans are angry at the decision though.

In what way is it farcical? 

Why are any St Mirren fans angry at it? It was a deserved red.

13 minutes ago, virginton said:

That Charles-Cook ringer is also clearly the worst player in Scottish football, another hopeless two yard miss today.

I’d imagine McGregor will tear his contract up pretty soon. 

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

It is farcical that the ref let the play go on and he stopped the game 20-30 seconds later.

How he couldn't spot that was a foul is baffling.

He might have been unsighted and from his angle he couldn't see how bad it was. Refs can't spot every single thing and get every single decision correct, which is why they have help from the other officials.

The correct decision was arrived it by the officiating team so I fail to see the issue.

It was right in the middle of the park with the ball there and all so if the referee was so completely unsighted then 'Mike Roncone' - some no-mark who sounds like a generic PES ringer - was in a terrible position to begin with.

Edited by vikingTON

Robinson talking shite about Accies winning with their one opportunity on goal despite being all over them for the last 25 minutes. I enjoy very much when he goes in the huff after a bad result.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

3 hours ago, virginton said:

It was right in the middle of the park with the ball there and all so if the referee was so completely unsighted then 'Mike Roncone' - some no-mark who sounds like a generic PES ringer - was in a terrible position to begin with.

It happened with the ball moving away from a position where he was in the correct spot.  It happens all the time in football, that's why they have assistants

Seriously, what the f**k has that got to do with anything

VT bingo, one more for a line

Edited by Loonytoons

43 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

It happened with the ball moving away from a position where he was in the correct spot.  It happens all the time in football, that's why they have assistants

Well no actually - according to the match reports it was only the fourth official  Willie Collum - of all the fucking perceptive judges in the world - who actually flagged both the i) obvious foul and ii) subsequent red card for Shaughnessy. Which is an important detail because in 70% of SPFL matches such a game-changing error would instead have been overlooked by the clownshoes referee and his presumably equally 'unsighted'/silent shitebag assistants as there are no fourth officials at the match to intervene. In what way would it be acceptable for that to happen in a Morton or indeed a Forfar league game and the perpetrator not to be sent off because three officials all failed to spot a blatantly dangerous challenge? They didn't do their assigned job properly.

This 'Rancone' clown and his colleagues should therefore be punted down to refereeing what's left of the junior grade matches rather than risk him messing up games in any worthwhile competition, until they can prove that they no longer needs a more competent figure on the touchline to bail them out.

Edited by vikingTON

He might have been unsighted and from his angle he couldn't see how bad it was. Refs can't spot every single thing and get every single decision correct, which is why they have help from the other officials.
The correct decision was arrived it by the officiating team so I fail to see the issue.
The ref might not have seen it but there is no excuse for the assistant running the line not to flag that up.

Screenshot_20200823-103346_Twitter.jpeg

7 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

The ref might not have seen it but there is no excuse for the assistant running the line not to flag that up.

Screenshot_20200823-103346_Twitter.jpeg

Do we know that he didn’t “flag” it via microphone?  I have no idea, but does the linesman not just have to say “I think that was a red card offence” rather than wave his flag these days?

Anyway, back to the main topic.  It really does merit repeating how monumentally thick Shelley Kerr is.  Every bit as bad as Biscuits et al on the radio.  Truly awful coach and truly awful pundit.