Sportscene watch

On 19/08/2023 at 09:20, DA Baracus said:

During the game on Thursday (maybe half time?) they mentioned the League Cup ties coming up this weekend.

The commentator said that Kilmarnock vs Celtic was 'the pick of the bunch'.

Absolute pish. I'd have it joint bottom, with the other all Premiership fixture, as least interesting tie of the weekend. Personally think Airdrie vs Ross County is the 'pick if the bunch', with Hearts vs Partick, Hibs vs Raith and Livingston vs Ayr all interesting looking ones too.

Unfortunately , the commentator was  correct

55 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Neil McCann being too dense and arrogant to not understand the difference between what the rules say and what he wants the rules to say.

Great example of how impossible it is for referees. He basically said the law says the referee got it right, but I don't like the law so the referee got it wrong. Absurd.

56 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Neil McCann being too dense and arrogant to not understand the difference between what the rules say and what he wants the rules to say.

His whole argument was bizarre, he said Lagerbielke didn't complain as he was literally turning to the ref to complain. Also not sure how McGregor's reaction decided it was a foul or not. Literally not one bit of his argument made sense.

2 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Are we ignoring Charlie Mulgrew just making things up about who gets the foul depending on who goes down or whether it's in the box or not?

That man is a simpleton.

Being a simpleton appears to be a de rigeur requirement to get a gig on BBC Scotland football output these days.

Packie Bonner, Charlie Mulgrew, Biscuits, Dodds, etc..............They're hardly the Brains Trust.

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

An odd insistence from Paul Mitchell in his Aberdeen v Hibs commentary that the referee had awarded us a penalty when Duk went down in the second half. It was very obvious that he had pointed for a goal kick. 

Duk went down in an Aberdeen game? I find that hard to believe.

2 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Great example of how impossible it is for referees. He basically said the law says the referee got it right, but I don't like the law so the referee got it wrong. Absurd.

Precisely - for what its worth Don Robertson had a great game considering refereeing the Old Firm is a bit of a poisoned chalice, you're never going to win regardless as both sides have a crackpot 'it's a conspiracy' mentality no matter what.  I've no doubts whatsoever that if that was either one of the cheeks playing against 'tha diddeezz' there would have been no complaints about that being overturned, said wee team would have been expected just to suck it up, thems the breaks etc.

I've had to rewind twice now to see what the f**k Neil McCann is actually talking about for the Rangers disallowed goal.

He's what he thinks a smart person sounds like. In his head, he thinks he's making a profound observation about football.

However, because you don't agree with the laws of the game does not mean that those laws should be ignored mate. It was a trip and a clear foul and a free kick to Celtic.

He then tried to back up his point, by saying he doesn't agree with the handball rule either so that's why it shouldn't have stood.

He is paid to talk about football.

He's a slavering mess. Fucking hell.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

17 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I've had to rewind twice now to see what the f**k Neil McCann is actually talking about for the Rangers disallowed goal.

He's what he thinks a smart person sounds like. In his head, he thinks he's making a profound observation about football.

However, because you don't agree with the laws of the game does not mean that those laws should be ignored mate. It was a trip and a clear foul and a free kick to Celtic.

He then tried to back up his point, by saying he doesn't agree with the handball rule either so that's why it shouldn't have stood.

He is paid to talk about football.

He's a slavering mess. Fucking hell.

He says no Celtic player complains, when Lagerbielke clearly does in the same shot, then from another angle you see O’Riley asking for a foul straight away and in the Sky commentary Crocker says that the players were surrounding ref right after the goal…

7 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

He says no Celtic player complains, when Lagerbielke clearly does in the same shot, then from another angle you see O’Riley asking for a foul straight away and in the Sky commentary Crocker says that the players were surrounding ref right after the goal…

You then have a bizarre scenario where Charlie Mulgrew - who thought it was a foul - tying himself up in knots trying to lend some credence to McCann's batshit take on the incident.

Mulgrew actually said that it was a free kick, but if you take the same scenario and move it into the Celtic box then it's a penalty to Rangers. No Charlie, it's not.

Having now watched it 3 times and tried to get my head around the points they were making - I still have no fucking idea what they are talking about.

14 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

BBC Scotland showing 3-hour long live coverage of the Scottish Masters Cup from Braehead Arena on Saturday :blink:.

From the Braehead Arena web-site

"The Scottish Masters Cup 2023 will likely feature footballing legends such as Celtic hero Gary Hooper, Rangers legend Barry Ferguson, Hibs marksman Derek Riordan and Hearts icon Pasquale Bruno among a star-studded lineup."

🤪