Sportscene watch

The lad commentating on the Aberdeen game tonight always calls Miovski "My-ovski".

He's been in the country almost two seasons and it's not even a difficult name to say.

Миовски = Mee-ovskee

I'd get a life, but I'd rather just complain.

Edited by VincentGuerin

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

The lad commentating on the Aberdeen game tonight always calls Miovski "My-ovski".

He's been in the country almost two seasons and it's not even a difficult name to say.

Миовски = Mee-ovskee

Also pronouncing Mitov  Mit-of rather than M-ee-tov

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Aberdeen sub caption

On> Enrique de Barros Lopes.

Someone has done their homework.

I guess they use the names from the team sheets, and that his real name has to be written on the team sheet. Surely they could just use 'Duk' on the team sheet now though, if you had asked me who Enrique De Barros Lopes was, I wouldn't have had the first idea. 

I put the blame mainly on the player, for disrespecting his parents' choice and choosing another name. Then I blame Aberdeen for indulging his egotistical rebrand, and finally the SPFL for not giving a f**k what combination of letters are splayed across the back of a shirt.

21 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Aberdeen sub caption

On> Enrique de Barros Lopes.

Someone has done their homework.

Done the same with Jota and it was Neves Filipe or something. Commentators and pundits call him Jota the whole time and the screen says that, not a big deal but if you were just a random non fan watching it you’d be very confused. 

21 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Миовски = Mee-ovskee

While we're on the topic, I am cursed with the knowledge that we've all been pronouncing Rudi Skácel's name incorrectly for the last 19 years.

16 minutes ago, DC92 said:

While we're on the topic, I am cursed with the knowledge that we've all been pronouncing Rudi Skácel's name incorrectly for the last 19 years.

I have it on good authority that that's the reason why Packie Bonner always refers to non-Celtic players by their positions. He knows their names, he's just scared of mispronouncing them.

34 minutes ago, DC92 said:

Aye. If you watch the 05/06 goals I think Archie McPherson (!) actually says it properly when he first signs. Skatsell. Then we all just decided to not bother our arses sying it properly.

12 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Aye. If you watch the 05/06 goals I think Archie McPherson (!) actually says it properly when he first signs. Skatsell. Then we all just decided to not bother our arses sying it properly.

Archie also called Jean-Claude Darchville "Darky-vill" so it's understandable we didn't follow his lead.

47 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Who TF was on co-comms tonight? (And since when was a co-commentator a thing on Sportscene?)

The Director should have been bellowing in his ear every other minute "remember this is the BBC not Celtic TV".

Mark Wilson. Fucking hell, I’m just watching it on catch up just now. Terrible stuff. 

You’d have though that Celtic’s penalty was a stonewaller as well the way he was talking about it. 

Edited by Swami