Sportscene watch

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s a weegie thing. My whole family in law think Mrs Mullarkey and I live in “Dindee”.

Kenny Macintyre is from Mull so he's got no excuse.

I think it's because Cammy Bell uses up all the Os.

1 hour ago, Darren said:

Kenny Macintyre is from Mull so he's got no excuse.

I think it's because Cammy Bell uses up all the Os.

Macintyre probably doing it to fit in.

Bell’s accent is mental. Thats the borderers* for you though.

Spoiler

IMG_0331.jpeg.5ebfaf6eab68d71d0a5732078e319eb6.jpeg

Completely irrelevant story but always remember Cammy Bell saying he found it utterly mental that Rab Douglas would do push ups on the pitch whenever he fluffed a kick as a 'punishment' in order to keep himself disciplined, and obviously to try and ensure he'd be the best he could be at all times and it obviously had fitness benefits. Bell went on to say he didn't really understand why a goalkeeper would do anything like that sort of stuff but fair play basically.

I find it no surprise that Cammy Bell's career as a first choice goalkeeper ended really before he hit 30 with his last decent spell being with United whilst Rab continued until he was 40 in the top flight.

Not really having a pop at Bell at all, just find it weird that he was such a decent talent and it all ended so young for a keeper and maybe it was that sort of mentality.

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Completely irrelevant story but always remember Cammy Bell saying he found it utterly mental that Rab Douglas would do push ups on the pitch whenever he fluffed a kick as a 'punishment' in order to keep himself disciplined, and obviously to try and ensure he'd be the best he could be at all times and it obviously had fitness benefits. Bell went on to say he didn't really understand why a goalkeeper would do anything like that sort of stuff but fair play basically.

I find it no surprise that Cammy Bell's career as a first choice goalkeeper ended really before he hit 30 with his last decent spell being with United whilst Rab continued until he was 40 in the top flight.

Not really having a pop at Bell at all, just find it weird that he was such a decent talent and it all ended so young for a keeper and maybe it was that sort of mentality.

Needed to do a few more pushups imo

Cammy Bell aiming to claim the 'looks least like a professional footballer'  crown from Charlie Adam. : r/ScottishFootball

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Let's be honest, doing press-ups on the pitch is incredibly try-hard and stupid.

Much like your posting style then.

13 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tbf there were plenty of rumours that Rangers/McCoist made him play through a shoulder injury to the point it completely imploded and required surgery, and he lost mobility/had constant pain, in that area after that which required him popping pain killers if he played regularly. 

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf there were plenty of rumours that Rangers/McCoist made him play through a shoulder injury to the point it completely imploded and required surgery, and he lost mobility/had constant pain, in that area after that which required him popping pain killers if he played regularly. 

Poor guy couldn't extend his right arm fully

cammy-bell-rangers-motherwell-score_3310

Not sure where else to put this.

Sportscene saying that the images with ‘VAR lines’ for the Aberdeen offside were not released. Apparently it was obvious and not needed to be given out. 

I assumed that the images were just available as standard. Transparency and all that.

It was also a less obvious offside then the first St Johnstone goal turned out to be…

3 hours ago, kent_don said:

Sportscene saying that the images with ‘VAR lines’ for the Aberdeen offside were not released. Apparently it was obvious and not needed to be given out. 

I assumed that the images were just available as standard. Transparency and all that.

It was also a less obvious offside then the first St Johnstone goal turned out to be…

That was an incredible quote from the SFA (presumably) that they would not release the offside lines because it was "obviously offside". The only thing obvious to me is that it looks like a Livi defender on the far side is playing Macdonald on. Just release the f*ck*ng lines.

3 hours ago, kent_don said:

Imagine there is a similar incident in the OF game - the SFA wouldn't dream of giving that answer.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Imagine there is a similar incident in the OF game - the SFA wouldn't dream of giving that answer.

And I can’t imagine it would get a cursory 20 secs of analysis as the very final item on Sportscene either. 

10 hours ago, kent_don said:

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

That was an incredible quote from the SFA (presumably) that they would not release the offside lines because it was "obviously offside". The only thing obvious to me is that it looks like a Livi defender on the far side is playing Macdonald on. Just release the f*ck*ng lines.

GKfyHihXkAAndey.thumb.jpeg.f6043c1c290d467d4c6fb33684a2fe4c.jpeg

Does look comfortably offside if you use the half circle, and lines on the pitch from that point, to gauge it? 

Both Sokler and MacDonald look offside to me.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

GKfyHihXkAAndey.thumb.jpeg.f6043c1c290d467d4c6fb33684a2fe4c.jpeg

Does look comfortably offside if you use the half circle, and lines on the pitch from that point, to gauge it? 

Both Sokler and MacDonald look offside to me.

Really? Sokler is definitely offside but isn't part of the equation. To my eyes Macdonald looks to be being played onside by the guy at the top of the picture.

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Really? Sokler is definitely offside but isn't part of the equation. To my eyes Macdonald looks to be being played onside by the guy at the top of the picture.

The cameras not looking straight across the line though.

MacDonald looks roughly in line with the edge of the "D", and the far away Livi player doesn't.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The cameras not looking straight across the line though.

MacDonald looks roughly in line with the edge of the "D", and the far away Livi player doesn't.

I think the point is that it's not "obvious" as the SFA stated. In fact, if it was so obvious to the VAR, why did it take so long to disallow the goal?