Sportscene watch

6 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Beautiful strike by Ginnelly only being outdone by the impressiveness of Jota's blatant cheating and yet managing to not get booked for his dive.

It was a fantastic strike.

20 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Beautiful strike by Ginnelly only being outdone by the impressiveness of Jota's blatant cheating and yet managing to not get booked for his 

Celtic fans noticeable by their absence on this thread tonight.

10 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

That Ross County overturned penalty is a stonewall penalty. Regardless of whether Butcher gets a touch or not, his follow through has gone right through the County boy. Anywhere else on the park and it’s a free kick.

i'd say even if that was deemed fair, the initial foul when the county player has his shirt pulled as he enters the box is a stonewall penalty too

Watched sport scene for the first time in a few months there.  How desperate are the bbc to make var a huge part of every game ffs?!!

About 4 minutes of highlights of your team if you’re lucky, and we now have to watch refs with their hand on their ear and a scoreboard showing ‘no penalty’.

What an absolute waste of time and pile of shite.

17 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

To be fair to them, I was at the Motherwell game and unfortunately VAR was a huge part of the game. 

They’re making you think that. They want VAR to be the most important thing in every match, you can’t give in to VARdom.

Trying to make the tv viewers suffer as much as the fans in the stadium, having to wait for ages on VAR pissing about with what frame to let the ref see, however at least the tv viewers can just skip forward if they're watching on the iplayer, and get to the decision.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

They’re making you think that. They want VAR to be the most important thing in every match, you can’t give in to VARdom.

Considering VAR overturned what looked like a stonewall penalty to County, gave Motherwell a penalty which the ref missed and not much else happened in the game, VAR pretty much was the most important thing in the game. Without it, County would have been up the road with 3 points rather than none.

That doesn't mean I like VAR but it really was the main event in that game. 

Why was the onside/offside VAR-decision "line" used for the game at Parkheid, but not for Shankland's goal at Tynecastle?

I am still not certain Shankland's foreheed wasn't a few inches offside - and no line to conclude either way just continues suspicions of this anti-AFC VAR agenda.

17 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Why was the onside/offside VAR-decision "line" used for the game at Parkheid, but not for Shankland's goal at Tynecastle?

I am still not certain Shankland's foreheed wasn't a few inches offside - and no line to conclude either way just continues suspicions of this anti-AFC VAR agenda.

Got to admit i'm now extremely hooked on this VAR v Aberdeen/Robson saga, hoping VAR will push him to his limit and he'll run over to the monitor with a sledge hammer and demolish it. Can't be much more he can take before it happens.

13 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Just because it wasn't shown on Sportscene doesn't mean it wasn't used, though the VAR can use the lines on the pitch to see if it's a tight offside first which then requires the crosshairs.

23 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Just because it wasn't shown on Sportscene doesn't mean it wasn't used, though the VAR can use the lines on the pitch to see if it's a tight offside first which then requires the crosshairs.

Might've helped had they froze it for more than half a second to at least give the viewers a decent look, and tried to get it up in line of play. Suppose 3rd v 4th doesn't warrant them being arsed right enough, but a game where Celtic are involved does.