Sportscene watch

Absolute piss poor coverage of our game yet again. With all the focus being from the perspective of the opposition team and what they could have done better. No mention of the things we did right. Also cutting the discussion short by making no mention of our last 2 goals. Beyond amateur.

On 28/02/2023 at 12:40, VincentGuerin said:

I've never really understood why anyone bothers about this.

It's the same with my English mates being terribly worked up about the running order of MotD. I just don't understand why it matters. You know when the show starts and finishes, you know what games they're going to show.

What does it matter what order they do it in?

Especially in the days where you have the ability to whizz through at x30 speed. 

I tend to do that when boring beige folk like McFadden & Crichton start speaking attempting to analyse a game. 

37 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Absolute piss poor coverage of our game yet again. With all the focus being from the perspective of the opposition team and what they could have done better. No mention of the things we did right. Also cutting the discussion short by making no mention of our last 2 goals. Beyond amateur.

THIS IS ME, PLAYING THE WORLDS SMALLEST VIOLIN FOR YOU Poster ...

54 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Didn’t see Sportscene tonight but I was amazed that they managed to make our game at  ER a couple of weeks ago look like a fairly even game which it definitely was not.

Edited by Sortmeout

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

How good was that Duk goal? Utterly stupendous confectionery.

He had a piece of brilliant skill last weekend at the edge of his own box as well. Scottish fitba needs more players like that.

Aye that was against us (Livi) last week. He works his socks off too. Very good player.

9 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

That pen decision for the Glesga Sevco :lol:

What did the VAR c***s and Wullie see that I don’t?

It's Sevco at Ibrix what else do you need to see?

ETA just watched this on Sportscene and it must be the softest one they've had yet, Kent wasn't even looking for it. Collum should be embarrassed. 

Edited by Empty It

11 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Dubbing in random bits of the radio commentary for the Aberdeen game was... interesting.

It just emphasises how few f**ks they give. 

Even if they can’t be arsed sending commentators to the games for Sportscene, they could easily have had someone in front of a monitor at Pacific Quay doing the game as it came in live. The editing process would have been exactly the same - if not easier, because the pictures and commentary would already be in sync. 

On 05/03/2023 at 00:19, Sortmeout said:

Didn’t see Sportscene tonight but I was amazed that they managed to make our game at  ER a couple of weeks ago look like a fairly even game which it definitely was not.

I thought at the time that, despite being barely in the game, we had nearly as many chances as Hibs. Sportscene isn't going to show lengthy passages of play where a team is controlling a game, looking threatening and dominating possession, it's going to show shots and saves and so on.

30 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I thought at the time that, despite being barely in the game, we had nearly as many chances as Hibs. Sportscene isn't going to show lengthy passages of play where a team is controlling a game, looking threatening and dominating possession, it's going to show shots and saves and so on.

"Nearly"
nearly.png

11 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

"Nearly"
nearly.png

Shots and chances aren't the same thing. Most of Walker's saves were routine, whereas Marshall pulled off a brilliant save early in the game. I don't know what the issue is here, I said on the match thread and again above that we were barely in the game and were well beaten, however Hibs generally just having loads of attacks isn't going to make the highlights unless they actually lead to proper chances.

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Shots and chances aren't the same thing. Most of Walker's saves were routine, whereas Marshall pulled off a brilliant save early in the game. I don't know what the issue is here, I said on the match thread and again above that we were barely in the game and were well beaten, however Hibs generally just having loads of attacks isn't going to make the highlights unless they actually lead to proper chances.

That's really the only thing Marshall did in the game. There was also the clearance off the line at the end of the game. But that was really all Kilmarnock had in the whole game. The highlights from the SPFL channel on youtube are a far more accurate reflection.

20 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

That's really the only thing Marshall did in the game. There was also the clearance off the line at the end of the game. But that was really all Kilmarnock had in the whole game. The highlights from the SPFL channel on youtube are a far more accurate reflection.

What did the Sportscene team do differently that made it seem like it was more of an even game, though?

If it’s a case of deliberately cutting out good Hibs chances, then fair enough. But there must have been some degree of Killie chances if they managed to make it seem like an even contest.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

I love it when someone gets riled at the suggestion their favourite fitba team didn't ABSOLUTELY DOMINATE a game, as an acknowledgement that they were the better side is not enough.

Who fucking cares? 😀

That was my exact thoughts.