Sportscene watch

On 24/09/2023 at 13:26, eez-eh said:

They could increase the quality of this show substantially if they had some better microphones pitch side. The muffled crowd sounds are awful.

It’s QTV that produce the match coverage. The BBC have no control over the match productions, only the footage that makes it into the highlights edits (but even then the QTV director will have chosen replays and close-ups “live”). 

QTV, for whatever reason, don’t use pitchside mics. Just a couple with the main cameras. 

The BBC used to produce some of the match coverage in the early seasons of “more cameras at games”. Those games did have pitchside mics, as did the Alba ones before they stopped their non-live coverage. 

Speaking of Alba, I’m pretty sure the reason they stopped their Premiership coverage is because of the need to provide an extra two cameras (18-yards for VAR). They can now show live League One games with their usual five-camera setup for probably the same fee to the SPFL, and probably watched by bigger audience. 

18 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t particularly like getting excited by ref decisions but the sportscene commentator said the challenge was nothing more than ‘clumsy’ :lol:

It’s very clearly a terrible challenge. 

Two feet off the ground missile attack. 

15 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

I’ve not paid my TV license for years, Linekar isn’t getting a bean off me. 

Jermaine Jenas earned £225,000 last year from presenting duties on MotD (Yes, you read that right JERMAINE JENAS).  Call it 4 hours a week, 38 weeks of the year, that’s £1480 quid an hour, pro rata… and people say our publicly funded broadcaster isn’t value for money. 

Stevie Thompson gets 50 quid cash in hand and a sausage supper on the way up the road. 

I'd do it for the sausage supper and a few cans if the beeb are looking to cut costs.

9 hours ago, bennett said:

I'd do it for the sausage supper and a few cans if the beeb are looking to cut costs.

Interviewer: Do you support Rangers

bennett: Yes

Interviewer: Welcome to the team

This must be how it works as its the only way to explain how Kenny Mac got the radio job

Edited by Wile E Coyote

11 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Interviewer: Do you support Rangers

bennett: Yes

Interviewer: Welcome to the team

This must be how it works as its the only way to explain how Kenny Mac got the radio job

Any currant bun has a chance if the media can employ semi-literate fuckwits like Kris Boyd & Alex Rae 

On 25/09/2023 at 18:19, IrishBhoy said:

I’ve not paid my TV license for years, Linekar isn’t getting a bean off me. 

Jermaine Jenas earned £225,000 last year from presenting duties on MotD (Yes, you read that right JERMAINE JENAS).  Call it 4 hours a week, 38 weeks of the year, that’s £1480 quid an hour, pro rata… and people say our publicly funded broadcaster isn’t value for money. 

Stevie Thompson gets 50 quid cash in hand and a sausage supper on the way up the road. 

You must be forgetting Jenas’s sterling hard nosed journalism on the One Show.  Worth every penny.  

Lineker is great, though.  The fact that  Piers Moron hates him is a good sign.  

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Nice to see Sportscene now putting up how many minutes has gone every time they go to a new phase of play.

Right at the cutting edge of technology. 

It'll be deemed too costly and gone next week though.

On 01/10/2023 at 16:10, LIVIFOREVER said:

Can someone tell Michael Stewart it's could have, should have. This could of, should of speak annoys me a lot more than it probably should.

The way he emphasises the "of" makes me think he's well aware and just does it deliberately to be annoying.

I'm probably giving him too much credit.

18 hours ago, LiviLion said:

The way he emphasises the "of" makes me think he's well aware and just does it deliberately to be annoying.

I'm probably giving him too much credit.

I remember being told – on Jambos Kickback – that I was hearing things and of course he wasn't saying would of, could of, should of.

4 minutes ago, Darren said:

I remember being told – on Jambos Kickback – that I was hearing things and of course he wasn't saying would of, could of, should of.

He writes it on Twitter too. Dickhead that he is.

On 30/09/2023 at 20:12, Ewanandmoreagain said:

Not that I like to disagree with Michael Stewart but rangers showed they did not need to get to the by line to create chances.

As shown by the several Sportscene clips what they really needed was players to finish off the chances they did create

Yeah, I thought it was very odd that Stewart kept picking examples that made his point look a bit stupid.