Sportscene watch

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Sorry if i missed any conversation on it, but was Pawlett's red a tad harsh?  He was stretching for the ball and I don't think his studs were up.  It definitely wasn't intentional or malicious.

Edit - I'm going by the SPFL: Youtube highlights, not Sportscene's.

Wasn’t intended but the result was a foot planted into the ankle, red card.

Sorry if i missed any conversation on it, but was Pawlett's red a tad harsh?  He was stretching for the ball and I don't think his studs were up.  It definitely wasn't intentional or malicious.

They said similar on Sportscene last night actually. 
-----

I came into comment on the interview with Alexander last night. I know he's probably just defending his team etc etc but whats the point in bothering with the interviews if its going to be basically scripted response without any real value. 

He tried spouting some guff about how the penalty his team conceded was harsh and not a red while also questioning why Easton wasn't booked for their penalty and completely ignoring the fact it should never have been a penalty in the first place as it wasn't in the box. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

17 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He's off the deck and went over the ball, totally out of control. Stone wall red card. The fact Livi have appealed Fitzwater's but United haven't appealed Pawlett's (as far as I'm aware) speaks volumes

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

He's off the deck and went over the ball, totally out of control. Stone wall red card. The fact Livi have appealed Fitzwater's but United haven't appealed Pawlett's (as far as I'm aware) speaks volumes

Looks like he was stretching for it and his studs weren't up.  

30 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Scott Burns reported that they have appealed as well.

Yep, I thought they might.

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:
On 14/02/2021 at 10:08, kingjoey said:
Also McFadden asked if when a Pawlett went down at the edge of the box if it was a dive. “No, he just threw himself to the floor.”

There's a feature on the BBC website showing it. He doesn't say "No", he's says "Well". So he is actually saying he took a dive.

Ok, but my point was that very few ex players or present players can bring themselves to say a player actually dived. They skirt around it. Apart from Jim Goodwin. 

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ok, but my point was that very few ex players or present players can bring themselves to say a player actually dived. They skirt around it. Apart from Jim Goodwin. 

Whose players have dived trying to win penalties in their last few games

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I think that in still photos taken at just the right/wrong moment it looks bad, but when you see it played through there doesn’t seem to be that much power or momentum in it. Pawlett certainly doesn’t go straight through the tackle with a straight leg, he bends at the knee and partially pulls out of the tackle. Also, watching the highlights it’s obvious the ref doesn’t get a clear look at it - there are at least 2 players in his line of vision and he’s looking at Pawlett’s back. So it’s a big call to give that decision from a such an obscured viewpoint. 

31 minutes ago, Junior_Arab said:

I think that in still photos taken at just the right/wrong moment it looks bad, but when you see it played through there doesn’t seem to be that much power or momentum in it. Pawlett certainly doesn’t go straight through the tackle with a straight leg, he bends at the knee and partially pulls out of the tackle. Also, watching the highlights it’s obvious the ref doesn’t get a clear look at it - there are at least 2 players in his line of vision and he’s looking at Pawlett’s back. So it’s a big call to give that decision from a such an obscured viewpoint. 

Yep replays clearly show he's on the ground and stretching with his leg bent at the knee, studs not showing.  

47 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Whose players have dived trying to win penalties in their last few games

And one got a yellow for it, thus demonstrating that all managers will say whatever fits their narrative whenever a mic is pointed toward them.

22 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

And one got a yellow for it, thus demonstrating that all managers will say whatever fits their narrative whenever a mic is pointed toward them.

Aye they always always see an incident where the opposition does something/gets away with one, but rarely, if at all, get a good view of something their own players are involved with.

McInnes came out with a doozie in the 2nd game against us, where the ball hit the bar and came down on or just over the line and out again, similar to one we had against them the prev game that he didn't acknowledge. Said he didn't need to see it again, sometimes you just know it's in, his view was from the halfway line with the post obstructing it, indicated it was a foot over the line.😂

Yep replays clearly show he's on the ground and stretching with his leg bent at the knee, studs not showing.  

His studs went into Holt after going over the top of the ball, then caught him again as he bent his knee.

*edit to add, i think his dive earlier on was that bizarre he didn't get a booking too, just throwing himself down in such a strange way the ref just ignored it.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

5 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I don’t think there was any brutality in it but the decision matches those given for similar in recent years.  Red card.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

McInnes came out with a doozie in the 2nd game against us, where the ball hit the bar and came down on or just over the line and out again, similar to one we had against them the prev game that he didn't acknowledge. Said he didn't need to see it again, sometimes you just know it's in, his view was from the halfway line with the post obstructing it, indicated it was a foot over the line.😂

Ok you’ve got me. The ball for Lewis Ferguson’s shot that hit the bar actually bounced behind the post, therefore in without any question, and from Derek McInnes view the post would have been between him and the ball indicating it was behind the line. I have yet to see a single video or photo which remotely makes the whole ball appear to be behind the line for the one that you’re talking about at Almondvale.

20 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Ok you’ve got me. The ball for Lewis Ferguson’s shot that hit the bar actually bounced behind the post, therefore in without any question, and from Derek McInnes view the post would have been between him and the ball indicating it was behind the line. I have yet to see a single video or photo which remotely makes the whole ball appear to be behind the line for the one that you’re talking about at Almondvale.

Did it f**k.😂

37 minutes ago, ropy said:

I don’t think there was any brutality in it but the decision matches those given for similar in recent years.  Red card.

Typical stretching lunge trying to regain possession after taking a bad touch and the ball going away from you that players make all the time. We had one similar against Killie that their tv boys went on and on about all game saying it was a shocking challenge. In that case it wasn't even deemed a foul. Pittman got to the ball knocking it back to one of our players and the Killie player stepped over missing the ball into his path afterwards, getting injured in the process.

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

It felt like it to me.................although probably a justified payback for all the times he has swandived in and around the box over his career.

and swandive is the word. Say what you want about his all round ability but he in terms of artistic merit and grace in throwing himself to the ground, he is head and shoulders above anyone else in Scottish football. I don't think I have seen him go dramatically down once where I would award anything less than a 7/10. 

Similar to Ashley Young in his pomp and as an attacking player when he had this unique ability to throw his heels above his head akin to a child diving into a play pool.