Sportscene watch

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Charlie Adam was also on sportsound saying ‘don’t give me this stuff about unnatural body positions, if it hits your hand it hits your hand and it’s a penalty’. 

To be fair, Charlie Adam has an unnatural looking body.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Charlie Adam was also on sportsound saying ‘don’t give me this stuff about unnatural body positions, if it hits your hand it hits your hand and it’s a penalty’. 

Some of these current and ex players (Kenny M) are embarrassing. Used to give them a pass for not being conventionally intelligent as they "know football", but even that is now debatable.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Charlie Adam is a guy looks thick as shit, then he opens his mouth and out comes this fairly well-spoken east coast accent which creates the illusion of intelligence, then you tune in to the actual content of what he's saying and your original instincts are confirmed. 

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Thinking that having an east coast accent makes you sound more intelligent is your original problem there.

True. When I hear my own voice I sound like a camp ned with a mouth full of golf balls, so anyone without my own accent sounds intelligent to me. 

Edited by CoF

On 04/04/2022 at 17:58, Clown Job said:
“I’m not going to pretend I know what the handball rules are now”

Its the same when some bitter ex-pro says they dont know what is or isnt offside anymore.

They genuinely just admit they dont know the rules of the sport they are being paid to go on TV and analyse. Its just admitting they arent fit to do their jobs.

They have enough time between the game finishing and filming to go find out the rules and explain to the viewer why a decision was/wasnt made. But do they f**k the work shy b*****ds.

All they do it spout shite about what they think the rules should be, rather than what the rules actually are. 

Edited by Jacky1990

21 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Its the same when some bitter ex-pro says they dont know what is or isnt offside anymore.

They genuinely just admit they dont know the rules of the sport they are being paid to go on TV and analyse. Its just admitting they arent fit to do their jobs.

They have enough time between the game finishing and filming to go find out the rules and explain to the viewer why a decision was/wasnt made. But do they f**k the work shy b*****ds.

All they do it spout shite about what they think the rules should be, rather than what the rules actually are. 

Let's be honest though, a large chunk of them didn't know the rules when they played either.

They simply shouldn't be hired if they don't know the rules, or at the very least there should be an expectation that they take the time to do so. Failing that, they should get some training.

This is (mostly) on the BBC for having such low standards, although you'd think there would be an element of professional pride from the pundits involved. 

45 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Lots of players conflate the rules with what they do/did in their day. 

Like a player who thinks ‘if I anticipate contact, I’m going down’ isn’t diving. 

This one irritates me loads! You hear it often with nonsense like "You can't do that these days", despite the tackle they're talking about probably being a red for over a decade at least.

The diving one really annoys me too. It just perpetuates that cheating is fine. See also the nonsense that the slightest touch when you're running fast is apparently enough to make a player fall down.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Let's be honest though, a large chunk of them didn't know the rules when they played either.

Generally, the only people on/at a football pitch fully aware of the rules are the officials. 

On 06/04/2022 at 10:51, Dons_1988 said:

Lots of players conflate the rules with what they do/did in their day. 

Like a player who thinks ‘if I anticipate contact, I’m going down’ isn’t diving. 

Yep. The overall quality of discussion is shite, whether it's pundits or ex-players. There's this baffling obsession with contact, time of the game and whether it's 'enough for a penalty'. It's as if the penalty box is some ethereal place with its own 16 page charter. It's a simple question - was it a foul. That's all that needs discussed.  

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

"Let's show all the games where teams are trying to get into the Top 6 first!"

"That means Celtic will be on last"

"Oh. Well f**k the Dundee derby down there then."

There is 90 minutes of the Dundee derby on the bbc for anyone that wants to watch it