Sky Sports are Taking the Piss Thread

19 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Those are extremely random choices but I'm pleasantly surprised at them. Four teams who don't usually get much coverage out with games against Celtic and Rangers, and unless Livi are completely adrift, they should all hopefully have something riding on them. 

Yes, don’t get me wrong - I’m happy to see some variety. But having that variety on a match day when there’s a game that (let’s face it) should always be shown is utterly bizarre. 

Or at least it would be if it weren’t obvious why Sky are keeping back a Tynecastle pick. 

17 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Is it not basically that there's no EPL on meaning they really need some SPFL on, but they don't wish to exhaust their quotas at the top 6 clubs (even an Edinburgh derby), to keep them for post-split OF?

I think Sky are trying to show the non OF games that would have the smallest possible crowds. 

25 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As I said on the St. Mirren thread, this will be the first Saints away game in the top league to be covered by Sky since July 2011.

Is there an easy way to check this?

Struggling ro remember our last away game on it, its virtually always at home to Celtic, Rangers, or bizarrely Aberdeen.

54 minutes ago, The Master said:

Midweek round at the end of February and instead of the Edinburgh Derby they’ll be showing Ross County v St Mirren and Livingston v Motherwell. 

https://spfl.co.uk/news/live-on-sky-sports-49686

I’m certain the reason for passing the derby is so they can keep back a pick at Tynecastle for a post-split game against one of the arse cheeks. 

After the derby last week, I’m all for it. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

38 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As I said on the St. Mirren thread, this will be the first Saints away game in the top league to be covered by Sky since July 2011.

0-0 at East End where you missed a penalty?

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

0-0 at East End where you missed a penalty?

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Yes. If I remember right, it was John Potter's Pars debut after leaving us.

Do I remember this right music from Quickly Kevin needed here. 

Did we have a 3-2 game at East End live on Sky at some point too? 

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is there an easy way to check this?

Struggling ro remember our last away game on it, its virtually always at home to Celtic, Rangers, or bizarrely Aberdeen.

We had a game at Dens on TV on a Friday night but cant remember if it was BT or Sky.

I can remember an away game in midweek at Falkirk that saints won, and also a win against Motherwell away on a Sat with Dorman scoring. Can't recall final scores or what channel was showing the games. My guess at least 12 yrs ago those games were played. 

No issue with Livi v Motherwell or Ross County v St Mirren being on telly in principle, but as it stands this just adds to an abolutely shite general offering from Sky this season. An abject failure to promote the best of our game and it highlights the issue with the tv deal.

As it stands we present our league as being games of attack v defence with the Old Firm attacking teams woefully under-resourced to play against them, more often than not with predictably dull consequences.

Now we're adding to that two games which will be of questionable quality played in front of, probably, pretty poor crowds.

Our tv deal never covers the better part of our league. You'd never know that we'd had 20,000 watching Hibs v St Johnstone recently, and you never get to see things like the Saturday night Dundee United v Aberdeen games on the telly. It's fucking insane that you'll get Hearts v Aberdeen in a few weeks with a crowd pushing 20,000 in a meaningful game and it won't be televised.

For all the nonsense people spout about Edinburgh derbies being boring (and, generally it is nonsense, even the last game had two missed penalties and an injury-time winner, the one before that a comeback from 2-0 down, both played in front of large, noisy crowds), they should be part of any tv deal. It's arguably the non-OF fixture that should be a complete non-negotiable. As someone who generally attends the fixture, it's not a problem for me personally, but it's selling the league short to overlook it to show Livi v Motherwell.

We do not promote any of the games in our division that are likely to alter perception of the division, or even half appeal to the casual viewer. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Edited by VincentGuerin

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

We do not promote any of the games in our division that are likely to alter perception of the division, or even half appeal to the casual viewer.

Your post would be sensible in a rational league, which was interested in more than 2 clubs.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

As someone who generally attends the fixture, it's not a problem for me personally, but it's selling the league short to overlook it to show Livi v Motherwell.

Its been said a few times, but its likely entirely down to the rules about how many games they can show from grounds over a season, and them wanting to save a Tynecastle game for after the split.

Maybe help if some home teams would allow away fans to be behind the goals. 

Thinking of Ross C putting small amount to the side, Killie and sometimes Motherwell putting them in the top tier out of the sight of the cameras.

All helps to makes the ground looked more empty more than it is. 

21 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I remember watching Falkirk v Clyde on BSB in the early 90s.

Was there no Star Trek repeat that night or something?