COVID-19 In Scottish Football

56 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

If DUFC have to postpone because of Covid, as long as they've not been an utter shambles like we have apparently been, then they'll be fine.

Seems like they have been after getting the whole team and coaches together for the team photo according to our local rag.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/dundee/1789021/dundee-united-leaked-team-photo-covid-19-rules/

A points deduction would be a harsher punishment.

But it would be fairer, even if they deducted six points from us.
As has been said, if Accies finish one point ahead of Livi/County and relegate them as a result, how is that fair on either of those two clubs?
They’ll essentially have been relegated due to the random luck of Accies playing us when we had COVID issues.

5 minutes ago, ropy said:

A points deduction would be a harsher punishment.

Yeah, I don't see how it benefits us in any way to get a points deduction. All that does (along with Livi's chances of wining at the weekend due to United's troubles) is create a "breakaway" at the bottom of the league.

According to the local Dundee paper, United may also have broken Covid rules. 

Dundee United are facing tough questions as a leaked photo shows all the team’s players and staff huddled together just days before a Covid-19 outbreak rocked the club.

The full team photo, understood to have been taken on Friday November 27, shows 49 of the club’s coaches, players, and staff ignoring social distancing measures

33 minutes ago, bennett said:

According to the local Dundee paper, United may also have broken Covid rules. 

Dundee United are facing tough questions as a leaked photo shows all the team’s players and staff huddled together just days before a Covid-19 outbreak rocked the club.

The full team photo, understood to have been taken on Friday November 27, shows 49 of the club’s coaches, players, and staff ignoring social distancing measures

20201204_182754.thumb.jpg.edbbaa3add7c963b6b5eb07b3fe47104.jpg

Young lads training tonight at St Andrews Uni 4g cancelled. Clearly a little suspicious although it could just be the weather. They also do all the covid19 testing for students going home in the sports building. I assume Utd often use the gym facilities in the centre.

Guest 8GamesToGo
21 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

Well it’s clear that whatever they did, it wasn’t enough. 

So Hearts should clearly have been banned for longer. 

It’s science. 

Your team even ignored physical distancing to do the team photo, thus breaking the rules. Not even banning Hearts for longer could have prevented this kind of idiocy. Pandemic, shamdemic, the team photo must go ahead!

Edited by 8GamesToGo

Guest 8GamesToGo
22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Boy called Frank Drebin.

He did all the teams? When. After the warning from the government when it was clear clubs were not doing a good job of following guidelines or just a token inspection before the league started? Knowing the SPFL/SFA I think we all know the answer. Christ, one team even thought it was OK to do their team photo! Shambolic.

Guest 8GamesToGo
On 03/12/2020 at 10:50, kingjoey said:

I have to say craigkillie, that you normally see things in perspective and are an extremely sensible poster. However, with Killie being unfairly given a 3-0 loss you appear to be lashing out, and it’s understandable.

Imagine how a supposedly reasonable person like this would react to being demoted needlessly (after breaking no rules) with 24 pts to play for if this is what a 3-0 forfeit after owning up to breaking rules does to him. Medicine not being taken all over the shop.

Edited by 8GamesToGo

In fairness to Dundee Utd, there is no way that professional footballers can social distance. In training or indeed a match, players are in contact with each other all the time. Given showers are not allowed, I can’t see what they have done wrong. They are outside and standing for a photo. So what? They are all in an agreed bubble as a club I assume. If Dundee Utd are punished for this then the game is bust. Just end the season now

Guest 8GamesToGo
1 minute ago, CambieBud said:

In fairness to Dundee Utd, there is no way that professional footballers can social distance. In training or indeed a match, players are in contact with each other all the time. Given showers are not allowed, I can’t see what they have done wrong. They are outside and standing for a photo. So what? They are all in an agreed bubble as a club I assume. If Dundee Utd are punished for this then the game is bust. Just end the season now

It's accepted that players will be in close contact during contact training and games. They're supposed to keep their distance from staff though. The guidelines around that are very clear. 3-0 forfeit incoming.